Morgan Country Football

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg won 1-0. The Defense gave up maybe 50 total yards. The Offense looked pretty good, but didnt throw it much. I thought they were moving to the spread? They lined up in a spread formation but didnt throw it? But anyways, Wartburg threatened several times but always seemed to run out of plays.

The two sunbright scores were both on a series where both teams started from the ten with no referees. In my opinion when the referees leave the game is over. I was surprised by some of Wartburg's personal choices. But overall was pretty content with what I saw.

Wartburg won 1-0. The Defense gave up maybe 50 total yards. The Offense looked pretty good, but didnt throw it much. I thought they were moving to the spread? They lined up in a spread formation but didnt throw it?

I thought that the Defense was dominant during the scrimmage. Offense looks a little rough. Spoke with Coach Shoe today after church and he said he wanted to focus on the running game to see if they could move the ball on the ground. He said that they had worked on the throwing game at camp, but he wanted to see what the running game could do. All in all a good first effort. Seems that they are moving in the right direction. They should get a good look this week at Webb.

Who really cares? But I'm going to venture and guess that neither team could find the end zone. Heard they haven't been there in a while and didn't know which way to go.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Wartburg totally handed sunbright their bonnet in this one. the only time sunbright even got close was at about 9pm that night and wartburg was trying out a new goalline defense.

Sunbright was in negative yardage by the 830 mark.

Call it a win if you want. but this time they were outclassed.

Coach Shoe has his act together. And Wartburg is def. the best kept secret in TN football this year.

Let the games begin! Good luck to everyone and may it be a season filled with glory and no serious injury to our boys!

BIGgamersBack,

Man you really need to grow up or just stay off this thread. Do you get a kick out of making crude jokes about Morgan County? You do realize that the kids do get on here and read and sometime believe everything they read on these threads. Your ignorant comments might be hurting the kids that read this so do everyone a favor and grow up and maybe show a little more class in what you write. Thanks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I havent talked with coach ellison in a couple of months, but from what I just read his defense held Sunbright to 57 yards...WOW that is impressive. Good job Coach & it looks like there is an offense to match it, is the rebuilding going faster than suspected? Good luck Wartburg

If you don't hold Sunbright to less than 50 yards then something is wrong. Must have been a heck of a scrimmage to only score one touchdown. Go Oneida.