Bowl Games

rollredroll

My high School Sunbright went to the Highlander Braggin Bowl my jr year. We lost to Jo Burns 17-6 or something like that

There is a JBHS 17, SHS 0 score on the site already for that bowl in 1984. Perhaps that's the game to which you are referring.

On a side note, I hope Tennessee HS football fans, particularly the older ones, will take time to see What's New on the site each week. We're only halfway through the month and already have added close to 50 old-time rosters and pockets of historical scores from yesteryear that, to the best of my knowledge, can't be found anywhere else on the internet.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are additions to the Walking Horse Bowl and Butter Bowl from Richland teams.

1982 Walking Horse Bowl-Can't remember the score but Richland beat Spring Hill in a last minute drive by quarter back Buster Wallace (Uncle of current Giles County QB Bo Wallace) who was the MVP.

1985 Butter Bowl-Richland 34 Castle Hights Academy 27. MVP was Bill Wallace (father of Giles Coiunty QB Bo Wallace)-Set a then rushing record of 374 yards- Was also given the nickname of Iron Horse.

Thanks. Let me know if you find out the score of that '82 game.

Are you sure about the year/bowl for Richland-Castle Heights? I have Mt. Juliet and Clarksville Northwest playing in that bowl in that year. Granted, some bowl game have featured double- and even triple-headers, but the Butter Bowl was not one of them, at least up through 1984.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a list of bowls and results that Trenton Peabody played in over the years.

1949-Ripley Tiny Knee Bowl-Beat Ripley 20-12

1962-Brownsville Little Cotton Bowl-Beat Bolivar 13-7

1971-Pulaski Butter Bowl-Lost to Columbia 16-7

1975-Nashville Metro Bowl-Lost to Brentwood Academy 24-14

1978-Jackson Ruritan Bowl-Beat Memphis Ridgeway 27-17

1979-Collierville Charity Bowl-Beat Memphis Treadwell 14-7

1981-South Tipton County Jaycee Bowl-Beat Memphis Catholic 16-13

1985-Trenton Elks Charity Bowl-Beat Memphis Frayser 16-8

1989-Trenton Elks Charity Bowl-Beat Memphis Briarcrest 38-31