sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Vonore Crickets on their 28-0 win over Central Saturday. Madisonville visits Vonore this Saturday. Dumdum, my guess is coach Satterfield will definitely be there, maybe Black & Gold or someone can verify that.

Youth League standings for Vonore and Madisonville:

Crickets: Vonore 1-1, Madisonville 0-2

Hoppers: Vonore 1-1, Madisonville 0-2

Cutters: Madisonville 1-1, Vonore 0-2

Juniors: Madisonville 1-1, Vonore 0-2

Don't forget to go out and support all these future Chiefs. Super Crickets start at 3 pm.

In an attempt to get everyone moved back to this thread, (which is what some people have asked for on the other thread), I want to respond to some things posted on the other thread. I was at the game Thursday night, and I tend to agree with most people, I felt we should have, and could have run the ball in the last 4 minutes. I do recall when we had the ball deep in G-P territory ( not sure what yard line), a running play was called but was stopped because of a penalty. I can understand not running at least that same play, because you have already showed your hand. I felt like we could run the ball, and why we didn't may always be a mystery, but all I can imagine is that the coaching staff saw something we did not. What I don't know, but I do know that we are questioning the decision of our coaches who were matching wits with a man who has been at the same school for 30+ years. Anyway, a lot of questions can be asked that will probably never be answered, but I just wanted to say that I too thought we could have and should have run the ball. Although it would have been nice to have won the past two games, they meant nothing compared to what is coming up. It's time to get prepared for Central and the rest of the region where every game counts. Good luck Chiefs, players and coaching staff.

In an attempt to get everyone moved back to this thread, (which is what some people have asked for on the other thread), I want to respond to some things posted on the other thread. I was at the game Thursday night, and I tend to agree with most people, I felt we should have, and could have run the ball in the last 4 minutes. I do recall when we had the ball deep in G-P territory ( not sure what yard line), a running play was called but was stopped because of a penalty. I can understand not running at least that same play, because you have already showed your hand. I felt like we could run the ball, and why we didn't may always be a mystery, but all I can imagine is that the coaching staff saw something we did not. What I don't know, but I do know that we are questioning the decision of our coaches who were matching wits with a man who has been at the same school for 30+ years. Anyway, a lot of questions can be asked that will probably never be answered, but I just wanted to say that I too thought we could have and should have run the ball. Although it would have been nice to have won the past two games, they meant nothing compared to what is coming up. It's time to get prepared for Central and the rest of the region where every game counts. Good luck Chiefs, players and coaching staff.

Good post, I agree totally, and maybe should have put my feeling more in these words on the other thread. Sorry for all the rambling over there, I think I got caught up in more than just SQ football, there is a deeper rooted problem in which I really don't need to be apart of. Sorry to anyone that I may have offended. I'm not trying to tear down this staff or team I will suport them all the way as I have in the past. I was simply stating what I saw and felt about the GP game. GO CHIEFS

OK Guys, got a couple of questions. I havent had a chance to get to the practices but does anyone know if there are any scheduled JV games? I here that Coach Wiggins is helping out? And are they working with the JV during the practice, just curious? Keep me updated. GO CHIEFS!!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

OK Guys, got a couple of questions. I havent had a chance to get to the practices but does anyone know if there are any scheduled JV games? I here that Coach Wiggins is helping out? And are they working with the JV during the practice, just curious? Keep me updated. GO CHIEFS!!!

All kids are getting work in practice. Many JV guys are working with the scout offense and defense and then Coach S. always makes time for them to have thier time running our offense and our defense. From what I have seen at practice it doesn't matter if you are a senior or a first year freshman you get the same coaching. When the starting offense is getting work and a player on the scout defense doesn't do his job the Coach B. will correct him and tell him what he done wrong even if it holds up the offense for a minute or two. Then when the starting defense is working and a player doesn't give full effort or doesn't do his job on the scout offense then Coach S. is correcting them. So to answer your question Dum Dum yes the JV kids are getting work.

Coach Wiggins is helping out and working with Coach C. with the offensive lineman and he has the DE all to his self. JV games have been scheduled. I was told yesterday that the first JV game will be Monday the Sept. 8th at home against Polk Co. not sure of a start time but I'm guessing it will be around 6:00 pm.

On another note I did speak to Coach S. and he said he was going to try and get to the LL game this weekend but wasn't sure.

Good post, I agree totally, and maybe should have put my feeling more in these words on the other thread. Sorry for all the rambling over there, I think I got caught up in more than just SQ football, there is a deeper rooted problem in which I really don't need to be apart of. Sorry to anyone that I may have offended. I'm not trying to tear down this staff or team I will suport them all the way as I have in the past. I was simply stating what I saw and felt about the GP game. GO CHIEFS

I personally didn't take anything you said as trying to tear down, others may have, but I thought you brought up some interesting questions and points. I do think that you got a little caught up in a battle of words with slobber, but you were not the first and probably won't be the last! LOL! I think it is good that we can question some things from time to time, I personally think that shows concern for the program. I have agreed with every poster on here at one time or another, even if I disagree with some of them a lot of time. That is the difference of opinions, and although I may not agree with some of the posts, I do respect them for their posts. Anyway, glad to hear that the coaches are involving the younger kids in the practices. This will go a long way in providing depth and building towards years to come. With the off week, is anyone planning on attending other games? Meigs goes to Central and that is where a lot of people will probably wind up, just curious what everybody is doing in the off week. I'm kind of debating on making the trip to Sunbright to watch Greenback because my wife has some relatives that play for Greenback. If I don't go there I will probably wind up at Central. There was some concern about the cramping situation in the Sweetwater game, but there was less in the G-P game, so I figure most of it in the first game was because of the humidity and may not have been that preventable. If it was due to conditioning, maybe this extra week will help resolve it. Good luck Chiefs, players, staff, and fans.

All kids are getting work in practice. Many JV guys are working with the scout offense and defense and then Coach S. always makes time for them to have thier time running our offense and our defense. From what I have seen at practice it doesn't matter if you are a senior or a first year freshman you get the same coaching. When the starting offense is getting work and a player on the scout defense doesn't do his job the Coach B. will correct him and tell him what he done wrong even if it holds up the offense for a minute or two. Then when the starting defense is working and a player doesn't give full effort or doesn't do his job on the scout offense then Coach S. is correcting them. So to answer your question Dum Dum yes the JV kids are getting work.

Coach Wiggins is helping out and working with Coach C. with the offensive lineman and he has the DE all to his self. JV games have been scheduled. I was told yesterday that the first JV game will be Monday the Sept. 8th at home against Polk Co. not sure of a start time but I'm guessing it will be around 6:00 pm.

On another note I did speak to Coach S. and he said he was going to try and get to the LL game this weekend but wasn't sure.

That type of effort from the coaches will definitely help this team down the road.