knox grace

pujo

Suprise? They (Webb) were the defending state champions, (in the past) they've beaten schools like Austin East, Powell, West. Why would that be a surprise? Why won't CAK play Catholic? They used to play.

I think it has to do with too many players from the teams having school boy crushes on the Conaty sisters. The possibility of legitimate violence was too high. For real, go ask someone that would actually know instead of posing the question here. Nobody knows.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suprise? They (Webb) were the defending state champions, (in the past) they've beaten schools like Austin East, Powell, West. Why would that be a surprise? Why won't CAK play Catholic? They used to play.

Yes, I say it was a surprise to the CAK coaches, players and fans as they really felt like they would win that game.

It's a no win situation for the Irish. I don't think it would be or would have been a close game for the past few years. Catholic has matched up very well with Alcoa in scrimmages the past few years and has handled AE and Fulton along with Webb. The CAK vs. Catholic game should be a huge gate for the home school. CAK has a few players that would match up ok but depth isn't even close.

I'll offer my opinion which prob isn't worth a whole lot. CAK has only had a varsity football program for around 6 years. During that time, they have made tremendous strides to become competitive in 1A and then 2A. As I understand it, next year they will play in what is now 3A, and they will have work to do to be competitive moving up a class. If they continue to progress which I believe they will, I think they'll become competitive in 3A. Although they play in a very tough region, with the exception of Alcoa, the other teams they play IMO are not at the level of the top of 3A like Fulton, Catholic, and AE, or the DII schools like Webb. Catholic had a team last year that I felt would win state with Fulton's younger team and minus Rogan. For now, I think CAK's schedule is plenty tough enough, and I can't imagine why they would want to add Catholic on top of Alcoa, Webb, Boyd, Loudon, etc. I'm really glad that Webb is on the schedule though.

As far as the Webb game last year: CAK's quaterback was a very good, accurate highschool quarterback and the stats proved it thoughout the year. For whatever reason, he had a horrible game missing open receivers when not under pressure in the Webb game. He didn't have that kind of difficulty in any other game last year. When he had trouble at times against Alcoa in two games last year, it was due to pressure, but this wansn't the case in the Webb game. CAK stayed with the passing game (I think the coach thought the QB would settle down and get back to his normal very effective play) and it didn't happen. Offensively, the run was very effective against Webb. Having said all that, the real problem for CAK was on defense. Webb had a couple of guys who were very fast, and CAK was not able to make adjustments to limit big plays to 10 -15 yards instead of very long / scoring plays.

CAK lost alot of talent last year, but so did Webb. I'll be very interested to see how things go in that rematch this year.

Smashmouth, I'd say you're right about him getting people fired up ,but it may not matter, I've heard they have several transfers from the Knoxville area . The new running back is special from what I hear ,they also have a new QB. I think they could be pretty good. Amazing Grace

Which positions did they get their transfers? QB and RB? What other positions?

Man, this topic has gone a ways, from the Lord picking favorites to bashing the private schools. I dont know who really has an advantage? I'm pretty much a dinosaur. I say put on a hat and let's line em up! I don't care if your from a private school or if your Muslim or Hindu or whatever. I just love football.

I still say the head coach of team predicting an undeated season in a newspaper.....Especially one that has to travel to Coalfield and play Hampton, is pretty much making a bone head mistake.

how many kids does grace have total? and does the multiplier apply to them like it does other privates? with all of the transfers they have coming in their numbers should be growing rapidly. heck if they have 5 just transferring to play football its untelling how many others they have coming in.

They better cross every T and dot every I, Things are starting to smell a little fishy.Alot of times ,you will see good players go to an established winner, Grace has done nothing and they are getting an unusal amount of transfers. Anyone ever hear of Temple. Don't seem like they play football anymore. GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

it seems a little suspicious to me as well. plus if im not mistaken dont kids from a nearby school play football for grace because their school doesnt have a football program but dont attent the grace. if true are those added on to their enrollment? i feel like public schools are getting shafted from all angles. thats just my opinion.

They get kids from Knox Christian, a nearby school who don't have football. Not to sure about the football thing.Even if the did count the enrollment of the players from the other school, it still wouldn't be right. Take for example ,if a school got 10 new kids ,how many do you think would be football players, you would be lucky to get 1 out of 10.