Class 4A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

QUESTION!!!

What is it that Powell has going on? You say that as if they had some problems or something. Tell me what's going on that I don't know. My son plays over there and the only thing that is going on is that players in the city is moving out or transfering to Powell so that they can play in the spread.

Another question...Where does Central play in your answer. Have they moved out of the region. Man, you are very smart.

Sorry, i knew i forgot someone!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Maryville

2. Halls

3. Clinton

4. West

5. Central

6. powell

7. Lenoir City

8. South Doyle

Maryville will first of course! Halls should be improved, with a good group of upperclassmen! Clinton lost no one to important, and Weston Hazlehurst gained 15 lbs bulk, and can run the 40 in 4.6, and he had 1400 yrds rushing last year, and they still have stone! West has a REALLY good RB! Powell, LC, and South Doyle has too much going on!

I hope Clinton does finish third. While I do think they have some really good skill players, I'm concerned about their O-line play. Not that I think they are or will be bad, but the line blocked much better in the second half of the season last year than they did in the first. If they block all season like they did toward the second half of the season last year, Clinton could see BIG improvement. However, IMO, if they don't get solid line play through the whole season it will be tough to get into the playoffs. This is such a tough region. I hope you're right though.

1. Maryville

2. Halls

3. Clinton

4. West

5. Central

6. powell

7. Lenoir City

8. South Doyle

Maryville will first of course! Halls should be improved, with a good group of upperclassmen! Clinton lost no one to important, and Weston Hazlehurst gained 15 lbs bulk, and can run the 40 in 4.6, and he had 1400 yrds rushing last year, and they still have stone! West has a REALLY good RB! Powell, LC, and South Doyle has too much going on!

Do you know who the good running back at West is?

It is pretty much just a big toss up between LC and South Doyle!

Considering south doyle destroyed lenior city last year and the fact that south doyle gave the game away to clinton last year i dont see them finishing below at least sixth bc i have heard that they have done nothing but improve this year. Central and West and Powell will have down years so this is South Doyle and Clintons chance to do something this year.

Considering south doyle destroyed lenior city last year and the fact that south doyle gave the game away to clinton last year i dont see them finishing below at least sixth bc i have heard that they have done nothing but improve this year. Central and West and Powell will have down years so this is South Doyle and Clintons chance to do something this year.

I hope your right, South Doyle aint really did good since they came into the region a few years ago, they need to show something!!

Clinton will do something this year, dont worry about that!

I hope your right, South Doyle aint really did good since they came into the region a few years ago, they need to show something!!

Wow, that was painful to read...

On a serious note though, I agree, this is Clinton's year to make a playoff run. The talent pool is spread out a lot like last year (with the obvious exception being Maryville), so I expect Clinton to nab a playoff spot. However, I think a lot of it depends on the performance of 3 key teams - Powell, Central, and West. Along with Clinton, those are the 3 other teams that are going to be the biggest wild cards in the region this season. I also don't believe that Halls is a lock for #2 in the region, like many people think. A Halls win against Maryville would obviously change my opinion, but I don't expect that game to be as close as many believe.

It's still way too early to make any kind of prediction, but Clinton could realistically finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th in the region this year.

Wow, that was painful to read...

On a serious note though, I agree, this is Clinton's year to make a playoff run. The talent pool is spread out a lot like last year (with the obvious exception being Maryville), so I expect Clinton to nab a playoff spot. However, I think a lot of it depends on the performance of 3 key teams - Powell, Central, and West. Along with Clinton, those are the 3 other teams that are going to be the biggest wild cards in the region this season. I also don't believe that Halls is a lock for #2 in the region, like many people think. A Halls win against Maryville would obviously change my opinion, but I don't expect that game to be as close as many believe.

It's still way too early to make any kind of prediction, but Clinton could realistically finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th in the region this year.

I totally agree, from what ive heard, Central's not much this year! West, Powell, Clinton, and Halls should be some pretty good competitors though,! (Central will probably show up though!)