Class 4A: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell has a good QB and not much else.

Knox Central also has Jamie and not much else.

Halls will be big, strong and battle for top 3 in the region.

West will be young but talented and battle for top 3.

South Doyle has some talent this year and will compete with Clinton for 4th

Lenoir City.....

Clinton has Hazelhurst and Stone and will be much improved.

1. Maryville-still dominate team of 4A

2. Halls-has a tough schedule with a chance to get at Maryville in beginning, but win or lose that game they still have to go through Central (not won in 10 years) and West (double overtime last year)

3. West-great team, has a shot at 2nd if they can beat halls

4. Central-even with all the turmoil, central is always a great team and competitior, dont count them out especially with new QB Jock Stinson

Powell, Clinton, South Doyal are always competitiors, boys this is a crazy region

MARYVILLE ... everyone knows that at some point they will have a hiccup on a Friday night . However, I think it would be foolish to bet against them in any game. They have successfully guarded against the target on their backs for several seasons.

I'm sorry but let the season begin...

1. Maryville - they will lose 2 games

2. Powell - will be the first team in 2 years to beat them

3. Halls - the defense can't win them all...You still needs points

4. West - Too much mess going on at Clinton and Central

Kier Houston is going to have a great year at Powell, but he has to have one or 2 other playmakers step up as the season progresses. They got off to a great start last year, and that will be the key again this year. If they can get off to a 3-0 start again, they will be in the hunt. I'm ready to see them in action, because outside of Kier, I'm not sure what other playmakers they have.

I agree, Halls has to score some points; considering the type of offense they run, I don't expect to see too many more points scored. They will be much more experienced, but I don't think they are going to stun anyone, especially Maryville (like a lot of people think). They aren't that good. There is still a big gap between Maryville and everyone else in this region.

West lost a ton of star power, but they still have a team that can get to the playoffs.

I'm not 100% aware of the mess going on at Central, but you are right, there is a lot going on there (politically, etc), and I wonder how that will carry over to the football aspect. They have handled these problems pretty well in the past, but from what I've heard, this stuff is pretty major.

Clinton and South Doyle both have some key puzzle pieces in place, but I have yet to see them take that final step toward the playoffs. Last year, they both had a shot with Powell struggling down the stretch, but I'm still not sold that either team can make that final playoff spot yet. Neither team is going to sneak up on anyone this year, unlike last season.

Bring on Week 0!