Class 4A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

I agree I think he looked pretty good. He aint as fast as I thought he was gonna be but he is lightning quick and he looks like he will run you over too. He was followin his blocks well and when he cut back he was gone. I really hope he gets a lot of playin time friday. I hope marsalis and dominique play more than the spring scrimage too.

I hope Marsalis and Dominique don't play at all. What's the point?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the Freshman that look good on the defensive side? What positions? I'm really hoping for some thick def lineman to step in the next few years. The cupboards will still have several offensive weapons the next couple of years, but like many school big lineman are hard to find.

There are three kids at LB particularly that look good - Owens, Ford and Dominique's little brother Shaq. They are hard hitters and defense is their love. Also, there seems to be some up and coming size from the line. They are much bigger than any previous freshman class I have seen in at least 20 years. And the good thing about freshmen is that they typically get bigger and more aggressive over the next two years!

I agree I think he looked pretty good. He aint as fast as I thought he was gonna be but he is lightning quick and he looks like he will run you over too. He was followin his blocks well and when he cut back he was gone. I really hope he gets a lot of playin time friday. I hope marsalis and dominique play more than the spring scrimage too.

We'll likely see the new kid more than we will Marsalis or Dominique. Like realgame said, there is no need to prove anything with them. One or two series and they will be done most likely. There will be lots of testing being done on the line and on the defensive side of the ball. The Father Ryan scrimmage will probably be much more enjoyable to watch...

I think we will miss Lamar more than most realize. He did a great job of stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB. I don't have game film to back me up, but I would expect that he got a double team more times than not!

I believe our secondary will be improved from last year so that will be a plus. I just hope they will not be leading the team in tackles.

Offensively if this new guy is as good as what I've read and seen on the web ( see dynamo's link) thanks by the way then we will have another dagger to throw at the already stressed out and frustrated defensive coordinators of Class 4A Region 7! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Heard that we've got several able wide receivers so that will be nice.

Finally, would like to ask the question because I've heard it alot and thats why we don't return punts. Now I have felt that the coaching staff may be telling the guys to leave it alone and not risk bobbling it and causing a turnover. Like the opponent last year who was that Treadwell that bobbled two punts for turnovers? Others say thats fine but at least catch it and not lose yardage. If anyone knows what the philosophy is from the coaching staff I'm just interested. If my memory serves me correctly we did field a few punts last year, but mostly let them fly over and let them be. Well, looking forward to another great year in Patriotland! GO BIG RED!!

P.S. Where's Yanker his rants amuse me? Think he's schmoozing with the new coach? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

The YANKER is alive and well, my "Patsfullingly Fannerring" friend...and JCM is back too!!!!!!!!!!! We have a coach who is able to put together a staff...a REAL STAFF!!!!! Look out region 7...you better be glad we will move down next year. All this talk about HC will soon give way to the "REVIVAL OF JCM"!!!!! We have more talent than most teams in West Tennessee...HC included...and now we have the coaching to go with that talent. BRACE YOURSELVES...JCM and the AMAZING YANKER are BACK...wait and see!!! I AM THE "THRILLED TO BE BACK" YANKER!!!!! PS...Do NOT be so quick to HAND the region title over to HC...when Jackson teams are strong...HC can NEVER beat them...JCM, Northside, and even Liberty...will give you ALL you can handle...So stop your ridiculous ranting about Maryville...you may just BARELY make the playoffs!!!!!

The YANKER is alive and well, my "Patsfullingly Fannerring" friend...and JCM is back too!!!!!!!!!!! We have a coach who is able to put together a staff...a REAL STAFF!!!!! Look out region 7...you better be glad we will move down next year. All this talk about HC will soon give way to the "REVIVAL OF JCM"!!!!! We have more talent than most teams in West Tennessee...HC included...and now we have the coaching to go with that talent. BRACE YOURSELVES...JCM and the AMAZING YANKER are BACK...wait and see!!! I AM THE "THRILLED TO BE BACK" YANKER!!!!! PS...Do NOT be so quick to HAND the region title over to HC...when Jackson teams are strong...HC can NEVER beat them...JCM, Northside, and even Liberty...will give you ALL you can handle...So stop your ridiculous ranting about Maryville...you may just BARELY make the playoffs!!!!!

Welcome back Yanker! Glad to see you are alive and well and hope that your Dad is too. Also glad to see you are back to your old unreasonable self! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> HC's run is far, FAR from over my friend. Its just getting started. And I am also not so sure about the talent level you speak of, only time will tell because talent is starting to come out of the woodwork around Big Red Nation. We'll see how things shape up around October 1st, its hard to turn something around that quickly Yanker. Not saying it isn't possible, just very difficult - especially getting such a late start. But I am very glad to see JCM looking brighter - just hope you guys will agree to keep us on the schedule next year! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

There are three kids at LB particularly that look good - Owens, Ford and Dominique's little brother Shaq. They are hard hitters and defense is their love. Also, there seems to be some up and coming size from the line. They are much bigger than any previous freshman class I have seen in at least 20 years. And the good thing about freshmen is that they typically get bigger and more aggressive over the next two years!

We'll likely see the new kid more than we will Marsalis or Dominique. Like realgame said, there is no need to prove anything with them. One or two series and they will be done most likely. There will be lots of testing being done on the line and on the defensive side of the ball. The Father Ryan scrimmage will probably be much more enjoyable to watch...

Well marsalis and dominique need to get a lil more than that. They need to get in game shape. Runnin sprints don't get you in game shape it just helps a lil. But I'm mainly goin to see the new guy. I hope he plays on defense too. He will give us some speed.

JCM isn't even in the top 5 in Jackson, much less the state! They won't even make the playoffs this year. It's not a question of whether HC will BARELY make the playoffs. The question is how far will they go! The ridiculous ranting is by you about JCM and it is funny.

JCM isn't even in the top 5 in Jackson, much less the state! They won't even make the playoffs this year. It's not a question of whether HC will BARELY make the playoffs. The question is how far will they go! The ridiculous ranting is by you about JCM and it is funny.

What is RIDICULOUS is the way you HC fans run your mouths...what has HC ever done to warrant the big time MOUTH running coming out of Henryland????? JCM has more speed than HC and more talent!!! Now we have an entire coaching staff...the region had better take notice!!!!! I AM THE FIRED UP YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is RIDICULOUS is the way you HC fans run your mouths...what has HC ever done to warrant the big time MOUTH running coming out of Henryland????? JCM has more speed than HC and more talent!!! Now we have an entire coaching staff...the region had better take notice!!!!! I AM THE FIRED UP YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Folks in Henryland have no idea what you are ranting about!!! OH I forget, you are THE FRIED UP YANKER!!! That explains it all!!!

That talent you speak of in Jackson is at the other high schools. Like I said before at least get in the top 5 in Jackson before you start talking! I expect some talk but not this much from a team that was 1-8 last year.