Milan

theplayer

Guest nwtnsports

I haven't seen them this week, but the pass coverage really impressed me against Dyersburg last Thursday. They gave up just a few good catches - the guys were mostly in position, knocking the ball away quite a bit and making several interceptions. The Bulldogs will see more run than pass this season, but the defense is going to be tough against both.

Coleman throws hard and, usually, with accuracy. There are some quick receivers with good hands, too. That's not even talking about the strong running game - Gilbert and Williams will lead the way.

Milan will be the team to beat from the west this year and I'm still set on them being 14-0 heading to Murfreesboro to take on Alcoa. They'll have to play an unbelievable game to beat Alcoa but you can't put nothing past Milan and it's tradition.

Alcoa has a pretty good tradition themselves /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wasn't trying to say Milan has more of a tradition. It's a given that Alcoa will be the better team but upsets do happen and Milan won't be no slouch.

Overall one would have to say Milan has a greater tradition..Alcoa has been in most folks thoughts in AA for the past few years. Milan goes way back when no one from Alcoa can remember..GO BULLDOGS!!

Overall one would have to say Milan has a greater tradition..Alcoa has been in most folks thoughts in AA for the past few years. Milan goes way back when no one from Alcoa can remember..GO BULLDOGS!!

Alcoa has 9 state titles compared to Milan having just 4 state titles.

Now as far as "tradition" is concerned I have no clue. What is one's true definition of "tradition"????

As much talking as I have seen from the Milan faithful this preseason I for one will root for them to break through in this year's postseason and hook up with Alcoa in the state title game. In order to do that however the Bulldogs are going to have to win playoff games against the likes of Huntingdon/Camden + 2 other west-TN powerhouses + a midstate private school powerhouse such as Goodpasture, CPA, or DCA.

Jeff Morris team has been unable to break through since winning those back-to-back titles in 2A & 3A in 1998-1999. The playoff losses against Huntingdon from 2003-2005 in the semifinals twice and quarterfinals once combined with the semifinal loss to Goodpasture in 2006 were 4 great years that ended with bitter disappointment for the Milan Football Program. Last year, 2007, was very unexpected IMO because the loss to Peabody caught many folks by suprise when they were listening for scores on quarterfinal Friday night.

If/When the Milan Bulldogs are able to break through and get back to the Boro that is when they'll see their toughest obstacle to date when they square off against the dynasty known as the Alcoa Tornadoes. Seeing them on TV is one thing but experiencing their athleticism and overall team speed in person is certainly something that you'd have to see for yourself in order to believe. They look like a 5A program playing 2A regulars.