Milan

theplayer

Guest nwtnsports

I'm excited to see how the Bulldogs do tomorrow night, as well.

By the way, we have a new website that will be covering Milan sports this year - milanhighsports.com. The site has been around just a few days, so it is definitely a work in progress. But, the football schedule and roster are posted on there. So check it out and keep watching as we get ready to kick off the season.

I actually watched the entire highlight video from the 03 season a couple of days ago but the portion that is on youtube is pretty good. Still sickens me that we didn't get a gold ball that year. Of course Milan has another opportunity this year. After seeing a few practices and scrimmages I really believe that the only way Milan can lose a game before the semis or the first weekend in December is if they beat themselves or lose key players to injury. I don't see anyone before that time having the talent Milan does. As we all know and have seen in recent years the best team doesn't always win. Huntingdon was better in 98 but Milan won. Milan was better in 03 but Huntingdon won(don't wish to start any arguments) and Milan was the better team last year but Huntingdon won. That 03 team brought it every game. It didn't matter who they played they played like it was the state championship. But 4 TOs in the 4th quarter of a close game will beat you everytime. This Milan team is loaded with playmakers. Williams and Gilbert remind a lot of Smith and Walker. If Milan is to achieve their goal they must stay healthy and play well especially in the trenches. The immense athletic ability will take care of itself. Lookin forward to another great year of football.

I couldn't agree with you more. In '98, Huntington had the better team, but Milan got the breaks in the play-off game (yes, Milan's WR did jump off-sides twice on that game-deciding 4th down play). And in 2003, Milan clearly had the better team, but it was just Huntington's night. Funny how things even out.

I'm excited to see how the Bulldogs do tomorrow night, as well.

By the way, we have a new website that will be covering Milan sports this year - milanhighsports.com. The site has been around just a few days, so it is definitely a work in progress. But, the football schedule and roster are posted on there. So check it out and keep watching as we get ready to kick off the season.

great website..im glad to see Tenn h.s. teams having their own websites is growing by leaps and bounds. keep up the good work.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Guest nwtnsports

It's a Milan grad from a couple of years ago who still keeps up with the Bulldogs. If you e-mail him on the site, he probably wouldn't mind telling you who he is.

Milan looked really strong at the jamboree. The talent is definitely there - just hope the guys are committed to work hard on the practice field and give their best every Friday night. It should be a fun season!