Milan

theplayer

Well, I'm not even a Bulldog fan but I do think they have the complete weapon this year. I'm pretty sure they'll make it to the 'boro barring any major upsets and any key injuries. They're loaded this year. I'm not going to say they'll beat Alcoa but Alcoa will know they had a game.

GCPioneer you did say they would beat Alcoa in another post. Look it up BUT hey I had some friends that used to play for Milan, so I do wish them luck. I would love to see these two TN high school powerhouses play.

Yep, I remember that last game on the video. Best high school game i''ve ever seen. If I remember correctly, Milan had all but gotten sized for those rings. They handed huntingdon their tales in the first meeting. It was a year eerily similar to this one. Milan loaded as usual had rumbled through the season undefeated. IMO it was this loss that got in Milans head. They have been unable to get to the turf every sense. Once again, they should be unbeatable. A big fish in a small pond. But there is always that small chance that on a cold, blustery, november night a team can bite you on the fanny. Just as Milan did Huntingdon in 98 when Victor Kidd jumped offsides twice and reset on the winning td. Who is the next fanny biter? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I didn't say they WOULD, I said they COULD.

On page 1 of who can beat Alcoa you basically said that the gold ball will be coming back to west Tn. If I misunderstood you then I apologies but it looks as if you think they will. I just hope we will be there and it will be against some other team than Goodpasture. I would just like to play someone different in the championship game. If we are lucky enough to make it back. I hope its Milan because I could rib my good buddy George.

Yep, I remember that last game on the video. Best high school game i''ve ever seen. If I remember correctly, Milan had all but gotten sized for those rings. They handed huntingdon their tales in the first meeting. It was a year eerily similar to this one. Milan loaded as usual had rumbled through the season undefeated. IMO it was this loss that got in Milans head. They have been unable to get to the turf every sense. Once again, they should be unbeatable. A big fish in a small pond. But there is always that small chance that on a cold, blustery, november night a team can bite you on the fanny. Just as Milan did Huntingdon in 98 when Victor Kidd jumped offsides twice and reset on the winning td. Who is the next fanny biter? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nice post - It will happen again unless everyone, fans included, stays focused on the same goal. One game at a time, prepare for the upcoming week.

That 03' video is something this entire Bulldog team should have to watch before the season starts. This team has to stay focused EACH week to get to their goal of a State Championship.

I'm not even a Milan fan and that video got me even more ready to watch some football this season! That run by Rod Smith against Peabody is UNBELIEVABLE! That team is somewhat comparable to this years team. You have the hard runner comparison between Jobronski and Rod. You have the atheletic throwing QB's in West and Coleman. You have the speedy receivers that can catch in Beasley and Pearson. I'll be cheering for the 'Dawgs in every game except one and that's when they come to Dyer to play Gibson Co. Good Luck to ya'll this year!

I'm not even a Milan fan and that video got me even more ready to watch some football this season! That run by Rod Smith against Peabody is UNBELIEVABLE! That team is somewhat comparable to this years team. You have the hard runner comparison between Jobronski and Rod. You have the atheletic throwing QB's in West and Coleman. You have the speedy receivers that can catch in Beasley and Pearson. I'll be cheering for the 'Dawgs in every game except one and that's when they come to Dyer to play Gibson Co. Good Luck to ya'll this year!

yeah that was a great video i have missed that the past few yrs but from what im hearing we could be better this yr than in 03 all i can say is they need to prove it on the feild until i see it i wont believe it

All of the players you mentioned are or were very talented. The ones still playing have to prove themselves this year to reach the ones they have been compared to IMO. Without a doubt these guys and many others are blessed with God given talent but they have to do the little things to reach the 03' stars levels. Rod Smith was a special player who competed every play as well as every practice. I have heard one of Milan's asst. coaches mention that he set the example everyday with his effort. West and Beasley had their routes down so well I really think they could have run them with their eyes shut. Coleman has the strongest arm I have seen in a while but you got to be able to connect with the reciever on a regular basis to back that defense up out of the box. Just like West he is not afraid to run over you and deliver the blow!!! He is probably the strongest QB Milan has ever had. It should be a real fun year for the Purple Pride - Here's to hoping everyone stays healthy and the run goes deep. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I actually watched the entire highlight video from the 03 season a couple of days ago but the portion that is on youtube is pretty good. Still sickens me that we didn't get a gold ball that year. Of course Milan has another opportunity this year. After seeing a few practices and scrimmages I really believe that the only way Milan can lose a game before the semis or the first weekend in December is if they beat themselves or lose key players to injury. I don't see anyone before that time having the talent Milan does. As we all know and have seen in recent years the best team doesn't always win. Huntingdon was better in 98 but Milan won. Milan was better in 03 but Huntingdon won(don't wish to start any arguments) and Milan was the better team last year but Huntingdon won. That 03 team brought it every game. It didn't matter who they played they played like it was the state championship. But 4 TOs in the 4th quarter of a close game will beat you everytime. This Milan team is loaded with playmakers. Williams and Gilbert remind a lot of Smith and Walker. If Milan is to achieve their goal they must stay healthy and play well especially in the trenches. The immense athletic ability will take care of itself. Lookin forward to another great year of football.