District 5-AA

Sequoyah SID

McMinn Central and Tellico have had a strangle hold on the district in the regular season, but Tellico always falters come tournament time. What is everybody's early predictions on how the district lines up to start the season.

Depends on Brainerd and Tyner. They usually play well in the regular season but blow it during tourny time.

Did they lose any players this year? Polk and Tellico will always be tough and this should be the best year for

McMinn Central. Can't wait to start.

I would say Central would be my odds on favorite to win the district this year. After that, who knows? Like you said Tellico and Polk will always be tough. Brainerd and Tyner always seem to be in the thick of things. Sweetwater had a good team last year, but I think they lost most everybody. Meigs could be a middle of the pack team this year. Sequoyah has the potential to be there with Meigs, but another coaching change could mean another slow start until they adjust. If I had to pick right now I would say:

1. McMinn Central

2. Brainerd

3. Polk County

4. Tellico Plains

5. Tyner Academy

6. Sequoyah

7. Meigs County

8. Sweetwater

I would say Central would be my odds on favorite to win the district this year. After that, who knows? Like you said Tellico and Polk will always be tough. Brainerd and Tyner always seem to be in the thick of things. Sweetwater had a good team last year, but I think they lost most everybody. Meigs could be a middle of the pack team this year. Sequoyah has the potential to be there with Meigs, but another coaching change could mean another slow start until they adjust. If I had to pick right now I would say:

1. McMinn Central

2. Brainerd

3. Polk County

4. Tellico Plains

5. Tyner Academy

6. Sequoyah

7. Meigs County

8. Sweetwater

Considering Central lost no one and got to the final four teams in the state last yr, i guess ill have to pick them to win it... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

If Lambert, Jordan, Davis, Simbeck, McNutt, Purkey, Williams, and Lee are healthy they should win the state; all have big game experience, talent, and desire. Only question is team unity and chemistry!

Polk County will be 2nd as long as Allen gets more looks inside, German is a given, Wilson and Rogers must also contribute more!

Brainerd 3rd!

Tellico 4th!