REGION 4 DISTRICT 7 predictions?

BRSoccer

District 7

Siegel, Riverdale, Blackman, Oakland, Cookville, Warren Co, White Co,

Who will take district this year? Siegel won in 04,05,06 and Riverdale won last year in 07 but Siegel advanced thru to the state tournament semi-finals to play Bearden in a tough 1-0 game.

Blackman improved last year and was competitive...any input on what they may do this year.

Oakland I understand has a new young coach, and I'd like to hear what Cookville prospects are too.

You left Lebanon out of your list. The district has five schools with new coaches this year. Most turn over I have ever seen to any district in one season. District 8 also has some turn over with at least new coaches at Tullahoma and Franklin County. Don't know about the other coaches in District 8. This should be Riverdale's year.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to look at Riverdale and Siegel to lead the pack. Blackman has a chance to shake things up, but they may be a year away. I believe that Lebanon and Cookeville may be too young to make a statement this year. Oakland has the potential to surprise some folks this year. My predition is an overall decrease in shutout games this year, but the goal differential on shutouts to increase substantially. The district is not as balanced as it has been the past couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to look at Riverdale and Siegel to lead the pack. Blackman has a chance to shake things up, but they may be a year away. I believe that Lebanon and Cookeville may be too young to make a statement this year. Oakland has the potential to surprise some folks this year. My predition is an overall decrease in shutout games this year, but the goal differential on shutouts to increase substantially. The district is not as balanced as it has been the past couple of years.

I think the balance of power may have tilted toward Siegel in district. Siegel played well in the BGA scrimmage which resulted in a 1-1 tie. Siegel scored on a really nice 35 yard shot by the freshman Hawkins. And over all had many more scoring opportunites than BGA.

Another nice turn of events for Siegel, a player from the Stones Rivers Strikers, Brandi plays mid defender has moved to the area and is joining the team.

I thinks this greatly improves Siegel prospects to return to the state tournament barring any major injuries.

I saw Cookeville play against Baylor earlier this week and they looked pretty weak - especially on defense. The right side defender was not a strong player.

I do realize they are a young team and they lost some great senior players from last year's team.

Baylor has a way of making teams look weak.

Riverdale lost 4 senior starters, with the biggest being Keeper Cheryl Onwu. They have a couple of starters out with back injuries right now as well. On the flip side, they have 3 incoming freshmen that should have an immediate impact. If the goaltending is up to par, the Warriors should be right there with the Stars and the Blaze. Looks like an exciting season.