Rumors???????

sly

Why would the DII competition be a bad thing? I always thought people were supposed to seek out competition, not run from it. Then again, there are some pretty darn tough kids coming back in DI too, so this has me stumped. Either way, it sounds to me like Cody will get a five-star education at McCallie and I'll support him for that reason alone.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the cbg was trying to make the arguement that if this was only a move based on wrestling alone, it might not be the easiest of moves. There could be the possibility that Cody could be going to McCallie for other reasons and in addition be part of a quality wrestling program.

I personally think it would be tough in either division this season. I agree that in DII 112 lbs will be a dog fight with Simpson, Hiller, and now Cody (if they all went that weight). I don't think Leen will be in the picture for these guys as he's too big. Dunning was only 95 lbs at the state tournament last year, so he'll be a true 103 this year. But in DI you have Kyle James, Shaun Cordell, Jennings (who'll more than likely be 119), and Coleman (who'll probably be 103). So, rough roads either way. In my opinion if Cody is going to McCallie for athletic reasons, it's more for helping him to be better prepared for college wrestling later on. Not that I don't think Coach Lester wouldn't do a good job of this. He would, being a former college wrestler himself. But, by going to McCallie Cody will probably get better exposure on the national scene. I'm sure Coach Lester is disappointed about losing Cody, but what can he do. As a DI coach in a DI school he can't make a counter-offer.

Ah HA!!!! I KNEW I wasn't wrong about that, I thought he was only a Junior last year.....And like I said before, THAT makes it VERY interesting as to how/why Cody's going to McCallie.....

of course, if Hunter's going too, then the question takes care of itself.

Just Stirring up trouble...... ;)

Cody applied and was accepted last year to McCallie but changed his mind just before school started so this is not something new. Tullahoma school systems are facing some serious budget cuts and are looking at releasing numerous teachers. Cody is an excellent student and this concerns him and his family. Cody's family has stated that Cody is going to McCallie reguardless of his athletic eligability. If an accomplished wrestler like Cody is willing to potentially sacrifice a year of high school competition then his priority for attending private school should not be in question. As for McCallie "buying" another wrestler, ask his father David how much he enjoyed writing the tuition check. They're paying Cody's way just like I pay my son's way there, actually more since he will be a border student