13 reasons to hate Maryville

REBELRON

I am a Red Devil through and through, born and raised right here in the crossroads. The only reason to HATE Maryville is we are jealous of there success and particularly the last 4 years when one of our own moved to Maryville.

I don't hate I just wish Coach J could come up with a plan to beat'em. I know this for a fact - we are the last region team to beat and we might be the next!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason 14 to Hate Maryville -- Not only does the official team "garbage man" recruit the finest blue chip players ... he also is a freakin' math whiz. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Gov-Man.. as APB can tell ye...that AllenWick Rithmatick rilly stays with ye.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Eye jest coppied hit off the skool site two git tha purr sent......

That 2002 Hillsboro team was amazing. If they had a quarterback that could throw further than 10 yards then they would have KILLED us, and everyone for that matter.

I still say that Kenyatta Fullilove was the hardest hitting player I have ever seen. I've never seen Maryville players be afraid to go over the middle. Fullilove made sure they paid for it everytime they crossed his path. His hits hurt me... and I was in the stands.

Good story. One thing that came to mind while I was reading this is #9 I think it was. The issue with the confederate flags. We (Sullivan South Rebels) have continually had issues with it here in Kingsport. Our rivals don't like it to say the least. Just wondering if it has ever been an issue with you guys? Hopefully, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, we'll get to play you guys again this year at some point. It was a pleasure.

Haha yea it has definitely been an issue. We had them in the school back around 2000, and even used a confederate soldier as a mascot. For PR reasons we painted over any murals depicting things from the Confederacy and the old south, and had to get new lunch trays because of the rebel soldier on the old ones. Also the flags were banned from all sporting events, and on school property. However, after a little bit of a town uproar the school/school board decided that it would be fine to bring them to football games, but they strongly discouraged it. They made a new flag (The black flag with Rebels written in red) and passed them out in hopes that people would use them instead of the Confederate flag. It didn't stick that well. Back before 2000 the student section was EXTREMELY intimidating with dozens of confederate flags. Now there are usually just a handful, and those are being waved by the rowdiest of fans. People still complain about the handful of flags, and they are banned at numerous away games, but they are dying hard.

Good story. One thing that came to mind while I was reading this is #9 I think it was. The issue with the confederate flags. We (Sullivan South Rebels) have continually had issues with it here in Kingsport. Our rivals don't like it to say the least. Just wondering if it has ever been an issue with you guys? Hopefully, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, we'll get to play you guys again this year at some point. It was a pleasure.

VolmanScott ewe can brang 'em two tha gaim...Jest cant be on a pole or hung up with worrs....Accordin' two tha Mairvul Skool Bored thease poles and worrs are "safety concerns" and could bee easily converted intwo deadly weapons.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ......The flags are steal displayed outside tha stadium and on private property neer tha stadium on gaim days.....

Stars, my favorite was when they banned the flags from the game citing the flag pole reason and then a couple of students (myself being one of them) brought American flags into the game, poles included, and nothing was said about it.

Enterestin' MaryvilleRebels.....The American Flag flagpoles must be safer.... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> ...Eye still like hit when tha purdy gurls wares them flag tops and such....My favourite iz them Dixie Cup tops..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

That 2002 Hillsboro team was amazing. If they had a quarterback that could throw further than 10 yards then they would have KILLED us, and everyone for that matter.

I still say that Kenyatta Fullilove was the hardest hitting player I have ever seen. I've never seen Maryville players be afraid to go over the middle. Fullilove made sure they paid for it everytime they crossed his path. His hits hurt me... and I was in the stands.

That wasn't the QB as much as the coaching staff was adamantly opposed to throwing the ball at all. The most I ever saw an Aydelott coached Hillsboro team throw the ball in the game before 2004 (willingly and not out of pure desperation against Maryville in the State Championship game) was four times against Hillwood in a blowout in 2002. All four went for TD's.

Thank goodness Scott Blade despises the Wing-T offense and runs the Spread. Too bad Blade hasn't had quite the same level of talent to work with that Aydelott had. Woo! I get chills thinking about that combination.

The school board did not decide anything... the lawyers advised them to back off or get their collective @$$ ' $ sued off. The flags cannot be banned but the pole can. As a result of some cry babies and transplanted yankee liberal tree huggin etc etc , there are now more flags at the games then ever. It is your right , fly it!

The school board did not decide anything... the lawyers advised them to back off or get their collective @$$ ' $ sued off. The flags cannot be banned but the pole can. As a result of some cry babies and transplanted yankee liberal tree huggin etc etc , there are now more flags at the games then ever. It is your right , fly it!

Moreover, the school board banned ALL flag poles (unless, of course, you are from Alcoa and want to burn a Rebel Flag..then you can have one of those dangerous poles). They also banned all "artificial" noise makers (unless, of course, you are the visting fans). The bottom line is that nothing they passed is enforced EXCEPT a Rebel Flag on a pole desplayed by a Home supported. I've never seen the ban otherwise enforced except on "home" folks. Pretty lame if you ask me. Mama Rebel has a Rebel Flag purse. (I wonder if they'll ban purses next)