Rising Football programs that have come

OS91

out of nowhere in the last 10 years. What are some programs that have elevated their temas to year to year winners that previously were doormat and a cellar dwellar.

Couple from East Tennessee

1. Oliver Springs- The Bobcats were on the losing end for decades to Kingston, Harriman, Rockwood, Scott County, Loudon, Lenior City by scores of 49-0, 35-7, 56-12 on a yearly basis. In the last 7 years under the guidance of Frank Johnson, the bobcats have beaten once thought impossible teams to beat such as Alcoa ( 3 times), Kingston, Lenior City ( 4 times), Webb, Harriman, Loudon. OS has been to playoffs 5 times since 1994 and had only gone twice the previous 15.

2.Seymour- As the Bobcats have, they have become a major 3-A contender.

3. Sevier County- Who would have thought they would win the 5-a championship and compete yearly for region championship.

4. Willima Blount and Heritage- both have fielded teams that have reached playoofs in recent years and once were celler dwellers.

5. Wartburg- Have made playoffs in recent years.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harding Academy....went from

1998- 3-7

1999- 6-4

2000- 9-3 (1st ever play-off win and fopurth play-off apperance)

2001- 8-4 (2nd play-off victyory, first win over ECS in 12 years(beat them twice), state semis-2nd str8 year)

2002- State Championship?

They gone from laughing stock of the privates to powerhouse that gets no respect....thatll change, thall change!

1998 they were 5-6 lost to ECS 14-0 in the first round of the playoffs off of a 65 yard Anderson touchdown run and a 50 yard bomb to Bill Edwards right before halftime. The lions had loss to the Eagles 28-0 earlier that year (It was a monsoon and the eagles scored all 4 touchdowns before halftime). I know that Anderson scored and I think their junior fullback Brandon Fitzhugh scored as well. I know they beat Byrne, Tredwell, Westside, St Benedict, and Catholic...think they lost to BGA (Fleming), BCS, ECS, USJ, and Overton...and then ECS again.

Beat ECS 5 years ago at home in the regular season (I think it was week 8) before losing to BCS 19-7 at Towering Oaks. I remember Terry Erwin had an amazing flee flicker touchdown pass to put the Lions up 7-0. Harding was actually beating Briarcrest at halftime in the regular season game at Harding 7-0 but BCS returned the second half kick back to the 2 before putting the finishing touches on the lions. In the ECS game Sophomore Jonathan Knight blocked two punts, one was recovered in the end zone by Brian Cooper...I believe we won 28-14. Led by Chris Cannon, Jeremy Angus, Terry Erwin, and juniors Kevin Higdon and David McKean. Also I think Harding was #5 in the dandy dozen then, interestingly enough so was ECS, BCS, and St. Benedict.

Yes Harding has definitely turned it around. Led Shelby County in total or rushing defense. Set the school record for most shut outs, and has now hosted a first round playoff game, and a second round playoff game. Was also ranked number one in Division 2-AA and Division 2-A by the Associated Press, and was also a Member of the Commercial Appeal Dandy Dozen.

Powerhouse, I think not..no denying how much you guys have improved, however, the things you say are absolute garbage sometimes, I mean how can you call yourselves a powerhouse when you havent any hardware to show at all. Now before you get started, I know full well that four silver trophies isn't much, but its better than nothing. So try not to get too carried away in your posts. Keep on Keepin on, playa.

Harding4ever PLEASE STFU!!! All you ever talk about is how great harding is going to be , well guess what yall arent even the best team in the division so you shouldnt be talking so much noise. Maybe when you make it out of the second round of the playoffs you can open your mouth but until then please keep quiet. Harding has a very solid team this year but they arent near as good as you let on.

That this is who everyone thinks Harding4ever is, i changed my name and somebody else has it now! But I mean Harding is going to have a great team this year! Powerhouse, not yet, but their getting better and I mean at the pace their at, yes! And if you ask JAC about his team im sure he'll say they are going to be the best! I mean it all a matter of liking your team, not really being blunt!

We will see how good every team is when the season starts but why talk so much noise when yall play a weaker schedule and dont advance farther than other teams in the district or the playoffs, and yes you are right harding does have a solid team this year but not the best in the division.