Week 0- Trousdale Co. vs. Macon Co.

geo1126

How so????? They beat Trousdale in '06. There's not any significant difference in the players Trousdale had in '06 compared to the ones that they have in '08.

Don't spend too much time reading your preseason ranking because that gets you beat /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Catfish, the problem with comparing the '06 or '07 teams to '08, is #1, experience,

#2, in '06, we lost virtually everything to graduation. We had to start a QB in'06

that had no business being in this position. Simply could not handle the job. Way

too many turnovers in the backfield ( fumbled snaps, etc). Good athlete as a runner

in the open field, or at reciever, but not at QB. Cost us several games. No exaggeration. In '07, we lost our starting QB prior to the season due to injury.

Never returned, and had to place another kid at QB which had no prior QB

experience, even in Jun. High. Did the best he could, but had a long learning curve. Plus we lost our best RB in the second game, and never returned until

the playoffs, and not at 100%.

Sounds like a lot of excuses, but true. '08, if we remain healthy, looks better.

Depth is always a problem at TC, so nothing new there.

New coach, some new wrinkles, new day on the "creekbank". End result remains

to be seen of course, but with health out of the picture, I believe we can play with

anyone on the schedule.

And, yep, preseason rankings don't mean squat. Good watercooler fodder, that's

about all. Just something sportswriters seem obligated to do each year.

Don't sell the Jackets short just yet.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so????? They beat Trousdale in '06. There's not any significant difference in the players Trousdale had in '06 compared to the ones that they have in '08.

Don't spend too much time reading your preseason ranking because that gets you beat /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dont think reading over our preseason rankings has ever been a problem in TC...when we are picked to be in the top 2 or 3 we usually hit around that mark /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

P.S. Tell your little cats to stay healthy because we dont want any excuses /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ...

Macon Co. can beat Trousdale Co. this year Antwan. I don't think they beat them by 3TDs but yes they can still beat the Jackets. Two years ago Macon Co. beat Trousdale Co. in the season opener and I for one have stated this this year's Macon Co. team is going to be very similar to the one from 2006. I see Grace throwing the ball all over the place in his second year as the starting QB with all of those receivers returning.

Macon Co. should have the chip on their shoulder if either of these teams has a right to have one. Trousdale Co. is the preseason #2 ranked Class 1A team in the entire state. Macon Co. was predicted to finish last in their own region by the coaches. LAST????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I don't see Macon winning on the creekbank.

Dont think reading over our preseason rankings has ever been a problem in TC...when we are picked to be in the top 2 or 3 we usually hit around that mark /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

P.S. Tell your little cats to stay healthy because we dont want any excuses /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ...

if there is 1 team i have to respect in 1a it must be tc. they have spanked my team enough times they made a believer out of me. are you kidden me macon people, you all must be smokin something if you thank you going to beat the jackets.

Anybody wanna do a little wagering on this game. I will give TC 7. 1 Benjamin Franklin. Macon 28 TC 7

We will see who the true jacket fans are with this little wager. Think before you act boys, no more Satterfield. 25 players on the team. At the big blue mist own stadium. Dont be stupid sweat bee fans. The economy is too unstable to lose a hundred dollars like that. Gas is too high. I feel Macon will win this game due to the new coaching change and lack of numbers in that hot sun.

Sorry Stifler but the Cats are not my team.

As far as Trousdale goes they should get the ball to Cody Wilburn. The boy is a BEAST!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

oh... next year we lose Kyle Grace and get his little bro Dallas which can run and throw. Lots of juniors this year so next can be another wonder year

Our schedule should be alot better than we have played the last 4 years.smith and york should be the top picks in 09.We should be able to compete every year for a chance to make playoffs. I hope anyway.