TENNESSEE VIKINGS

thtguy93

In my opinion, not knowing anything much about the abilities of either teams, Coach Stubbs must not let his team get caught up in the aura of playing at J. Fred. He needs to get the Vikings off the field well before the 300 plus band gets into the endzone to start the Indian walk. If Coach Stubbs can keep his team from getting "starry eyed" I think they have a chance. The Indians have a great home field advantage and that gives them quite an edge. Just my opinion. Good luck to both teams.

Sounds like good advise to me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He rushed for about 950 yds. in about 6 or 7 games as a sophomore.

I haven't seen him this summer. Cap can probably give a better analysis on how well Keenan Shepard performed in the scrimmage.

Keenen Shepard. Surprisingly (IMO) KS and DB’s CS have allot of similarities. They both bring speed, power, and athleticism to the table and they are both north/south runners that run to daylight. They are very similar in statue and both run with extreme intensity. Differences would be; Keenen is quicker and runs with more agility while Chris runs with more power and strength. Keenen runs to get every yard he can get, giving him a edge in field vision and Chris runs for the endzone every time which makes him almost impossible to bring down without a little help from your friends. Both are classic feature backs. If there was one thing I would like to see Keenen improve on it’s his patients. He is so quick that he MOST of the time (when running off tackle) negates his blocking by beating it to the corner, as we witnessed many times in the South game last year. Slow his role just a tad and teach him to read that initial block, and with his style of running you are guarantied positive yards in most cases. This should be an easy fix for Coach Stubbs’s with his experience (Brandon Anderson of 04’ did it to perfection) that will allow the Vikings to capitalize on his power and speed. On another note…Matt Pendleton is a HUGE loss /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . I literally got sick with disappointment when I got the news. Hopefully he will be able to rejoin the team at near 100%. Carlos would be considered a “slash” right now. I think I saw him play WR and RB in the scrimmage. But it was mostly with the second team. He played some defensive back also. Carlos holds his future in his own hands. If he put his mind to it he could be a major contributor this year, but he seems to be cruising right now. But he is young. Oh…something that would interest you 04 is that Thomas Turnbul’s younger brother is playing and he wears the same number. During the scrimmage the Greeneville QB (all 205 lbs) broke one up the middle and the only thing that stood between him and pay dirt was young Turnbul. Needless to say young Turnbul has now been introduced to “THE WOOD” /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> …but the QB didn’t score. Now that he got that out of the way I think (with the Turnbul blood in him) he will make strides in being the STRIKER that his brother was because as of now we don’t have one in the secondary. That’s were we miss Matt Pendleton. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

In my opinion, not knowing anything much about the abilities of either teams, Coach Stubbs must not let his team get caught up in the aura of playing at J. Fred. He needs to get the Vikings off the field well before the 300 plus band gets into the endzone to start the Indian walk. If Coach Stubbs can keep his team from getting "starry eyed" I think they have a chance. The Indians have a great home field advantage and that gives them quite an edge. Just my opinion. Good luck to both teams.

DB usually plays better away than at home. But there is no escaping the aura at J. Fred.

Question for Cap1 or whomever else got to see the Greeneville scrimmage....

How did the THS O-Line look? I know they are returning a few guys that played a good bit last season. Guys like Tabor, Taylor, Tilley & Hall.

They looked a little undersized to me and IMO played a big part of why the Viking O struggled in the Greeneville scrimmage. But that is typical post season Vikings. The coaches will whip them into shape...soon I hope. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Keenen Shepard. Surprisingly (IMO) KS and DB’s CS have allot of similarities. They both bring speed, power, and athleticism to the table and they are both north/south runners that run to daylight. They are very similar in statue and both run with extreme intensity. Differences would be; Keenen is quicker and runs with more agility while Chris runs with more power and strength. Keenen runs to get every yard he can get, giving him a edge in field vision and Chris runs for the endzone every time which makes him almost impossible to bring down without a little help from your friends. Both are classic feature backs. If there was one thing I would like to see Keenen improve on it’s his patients. He is so quick that he MOST of the time (when running off tackle) negates his blocking by beating it to the corner, as we witnessed many times in the South game last year. Slow his role just a tad and teach him to read that initial block, and with his style of running you are guarantied positive yards in most cases. This should be an easy fix for Coach Stubbs’s with his experience (Brandon Anderson of 04’ did it to perfection) that will allow the Vikings to capitalize on his power and speed. On another note…Matt Pendleton is a HUGE loss /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . I literally got sick with disappointment when I got the news. Hopefully he will be able to rejoin the team at near 100%. Carlos would be considered a “slash” right now. I think I saw him play WR and RB in the scrimmage. But it was mostly with the second team. He played some defensive back also. Carlos holds his future in his own hands. If he put his mind to it he could be a major contributor this year, but he seems to be cruising right now. But he is young. Oh…something that would interest you 04 is that Thomas Turnbul’s younger brother is playing and he wears the same number. During the scrimmage the Greeneville QB (all 205 lbs) broke one up the middle and the only thing that stood between him and pay dirt was young Turnbul. Needless to say young Turnbul has now been introduced to “THE WOOD” /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> …but the QB didn’t score. Now that he got that out of the way I think (with the Turnbul blood in him) he will make strides in being the STRIKER that his brother was because as of now we don’t have one in the secondary. That’s were we miss Matt Pendleton. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I wasn't expecting to hear compliments about the Viking defense, but normally the Vikings always have a good defense.

One of the things I miss most about 2004 is knowing that the secondary will easily intercept the deep passes. It's frustrating to play a good game and then get beat deep.