My ranking for Knox County

nickknx865

Webb beat Bearden the last 4 times they played, Bearden would not play them anymore.... Webb beat Powell the last 4 times they played, Powell would not play them anymore... Webb beat West the last 2 times the played, West would not play them anymore.... Webb beat A.E. the last 2 times they played. At least A.E. is willing to still play! Webb should not be ahead of Catholic as they lost to them the last number of years, but Webb has proven that they are capable of playing with any Knoxville school and would love to have ANY Knoxville school on their schedule!!!!

I agree. Webb is one of the best coached teams in Knox County. I went to all 4 of those Powell-Webb games, and even though Webb was outmatched talent-wise in all 4 of those games, the Spartans won all of them (3 of them were by a TD or less). As a Panther fan, it was frustrating to watch Powell lose those games, but you have to hand it to Webb, their execution was and still is head and shoulders above most teams in Knox County, especially for a team running the wishbone.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Webb is one of the best coached teams in Knox County. I went to all 4 of those Powell-Webb games, and even though Webb was outmatched talent-wise in all 4 of those games, the Spartans won all of them (3 of them were by a TD or less). As a Panther fan, it was frustrating to watch Powell lose those games, but you have to hand it to Webb, their execution was and still is head and shoulders above most teams in Knox County, especially for a team running the wishbone.

I too watched those Webb vs Powell games and totally agree. Powell was much larger and appeared to have better athletes but Webb played very well and stayed with their game plan while we were doing all kinds of crazy things. Glad to hear we are not the only ones that have had trouble beating them. I don't think we stopped playing them because they beat us if that was what you were implying GRF.

Webb beat Bearden the last 4 times they played, Bearden would not play them anymore.... Webb beat Powell the last 4 times they played, Powell would not play them anymore... Webb beat West the last 2 times the played, West would not play them anymore.... Webb beat A.E. the last 2 times they played. At least A.E. is willing to still play! Webb should not be ahead of Catholic as they lost to them the last number of years, but Webb has proven that they are capable of playing with any Knoxville school and would love to have ANY Knoxville school on their schedule!!!!

GRF, Webb deserves a ton of credit for beating Powell 4 straight when they obviously were out talented, but that has nothing to do with why the series wasn't continued at the end of the contract. If had much more to do with the need to schedule a larger school for gate potential than it did than who had beaten whom. It's a fact of life in this day and time that the Knox County public schools have to draw paying fans to help pay for the programs' expenses. Football is an expensive sport to maintain and Knox County schools get zero funds from the school system for athletics, other than coaching supplements and limited facility upkeep. Powell needed to play a larger school that would bring more fans than a small private school would in the years that Powell hosts the games.

GRF, Webb deserves a ton of credit for beating Powell 4 straight when they obviously were out talented, but that has nothing to do with why the series wasn't continued at the end of the contract. If had much more to do with the need to schedule a larger school for gate potential than it did than who had beaten whom. It's a fact of life in this day and time that the Knox County public schools have to draw paying fans to help pay for the programs' expenses. Football is an expensive sport to maintain and Knox County schools get zero funds from the school system for athletics, other than coaching supplements and limited facilitie upkeep. Powell needed to play a larger school that would bring more fans than a small private school would in the years that Powell hosts the games.

I thought it was something like that. I think our kids enjoyed playing Webb and knew they would be challenged.

Seems like Bearden and Farragut would be better choices to play Webb since they would get huge crowds for those games. Will Grace be playing Webb in the future. Webb, Catholic, CAK, and Grace should be playing shouldn't they?

no it is funny bc cak gets no respect and grace who has had a football team for what four years is ranked ahead of them i guarantee u if u had a cak grace matchup cak would win by 35+

As my favorite saying goes - If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Look, CAK is a really good team. Most people know that, but relative to the strength of classification, Grace might be better than CAK

As my favorite saying goes - If if's and but's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Look, CAK is a really good team. Most people know that, but relative to the strength of classification, Grace might be better than CAK

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, urge the Grace athletic director and CAK athletic director to sign a 2 year deal for 09 and 10 to play football. They both will need to find non regional games with the new classification, both are close, both are private, and both believe they are better than the other. Find out on the field. IMO CAK is a better football program than Grace and would win those games. But heck, lets find out on the field.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, urge the Grace athletic director and CAK athletic director to sign a 2 year deal for 09 and 10 to play football. They both will need to find non regional games with the new classification, both are close, both are private, and both believe they are better than the other. Find out on the field. IMO CAK is a better football program than Grace and would win those games. But heck, lets find out on the field.

I doubt this will happen.....

GRF, Webb deserves a ton of credit for beating Powell 4 straight when they obviously were out talented, but that has nothing to do with why the series wasn't continued at the end of the contract. If had much more to do with the need to schedule a larger school for gate potential than it did than who had beaten whom. It's a fact of life in this day and time that the Knox County public schools have to draw paying fans to help pay for the programs' expenses. Football is an expensive sport to maintain and Knox County schools get zero funds from the school system for athletics, other than coaching supplements and limited facility upkeep. Powell needed to play a larger school that would bring more fans than a small private school would in the years that Powell hosts the games.

The thing is Webb will ussually play all their games in a knoxville series at the other school, like they did with Bearden, West, and do now with AE. They are willing to forfeit the gate to get a game against quality knoxville teams. They even offer that to Farragut, but they wont return the call. Just as other wont either. I was at all the Powell-Webb games that were at Powell and it was a packed house esp. since it was always the first game of the season. Also while Powell did have a lot of talent, Cody Watts, Lee Smith, Baron Huber, The Bruhins, and the kid that went to Michigan State and others, Webb had talent aswell..they were very athletic and fast, and thats why the majority of their players are playing division 1 atheletics in other sports. They also send there fare share of players to D1-AA schools to play football.