My ranking for Knox County

nickknx865

The thing is Webb will ussually play all their games in a knoxville series at the other school, like they did with Bearden, West, and do now with AE. They are willing to forfeit the gate to get a game against quality knoxville teams. They even offer that to Farragut, but they wont return the call. Just as other wont either. I was at all the Powell-Webb games that were at Powell and it was a packed house esp. since it was always the first game of the season. Also while Powell did have a lot of talent, Cody Watts, Lee Smith, Baron Huber, The Bruhins, and the kid that went to Michigan State and others, Webb had talent aswell..they were very athletic and fast, and thats why the majority of their players are playing division 1 atheletics in other sports. They also send there fare share of players to D1-AA schools to play football.

I too was at each of those Powell-Webb games, and it did help that it was the season opener each time, as far as the gate was concerned. However, Powell fans will fill up their entire stadium, especially in the first half of the season, regardless of who they play. Webb didn't bring that many fans to either of those games at Powell, especially in comparison to other non-region opponents like Karns, Campbell County, and Anderson County. I always thought that was a great series, even though Powell lost all 4 games, but I do understand why the series has ended, for the time being. Playing 4 years in a row is quite a bit for a non-region/non-traditional game, but I'm sure that the allure of higher ticket sales encouraged Powell to add larger schools to their non-region schedule.

Oh, and the MSU kid you speak of is Jared McGaha.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic