Oakland Football 2008

I wasnt meaning him being forced out i think the paper actually covered it...oakland is still on the no child left behind watch list as and it is added pressure and stress on him and for being on it for 3 years i think he just had enough...i believe he gave the real reason in the article

Honestly, Oakland can afford to not receive state funding for NCLB, the cash is aplenty among supporters and alum. That and I really dont think NCLB is going to last too much longer........

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, Oakland can afford to not receive state funding for NCLB, the cash is aplenty among supporters and alum. That and I really dont think NCLB is going to last too much longer........

I don't think you understand what this really entails.........if they aren't up to the standards this next yr, the federal governement comes in an takes over the school. Jobs will be lost and athletes may transfer to other schools that DO meet the standards with NO CONSEQUENCES from the TSSAA. That was how Smyrna got that outstanding back they had a few yrs ago.......he was able to leave his school at Stratford and be instantly eligible. Marsaulus Johnson who plays at UT!! Whose BROTHER is ROD Wilkes!! Don't you think that coach at Stratford was SICK to lose those kids? Think about all the talent we have at OHS in that soph class and the other region coaches salivating hoping we bomb another yr in the graduation rate?!!

McCain is for the NCLB to remain the same and Obama is on the fence, though one of his biggest supporters is Ted Kennedy who was a pioneer in getting the NCLB started. I don't see it going away and Butch was smart to get out before it got him fired.

I wasnt meaning him being forced out i think the paper actually covered it...oakland is still on the no child left behind watch list as and it is added pressure and stress on him and for being on it for 3 years i think he just had enough...i believe he gave the real reason in the article

there will be more coming in the DNJ of butch's future...he's a great principle and a better man

I don't think you understand what this really entails.........if they aren't up to the standards this next yr, the federal governement comes in an takes over the school. Jobs will be lost and athletes may transfer to other schools that DO meet the standards with NO CONSEQUENCES from the TSSAA. That was how Smyrna got that outstanding back they had a few yrs ago.......he was able to leave his school at Stratford and be instantly eligible. Marsaulus Johnson who plays at UT!! Whose BROTHER is ROD Wilkes!! Don't you think that coach at Stratford was SICK to lose those kids? Think about all the talent we have at OHS in that soph class and the other region coaches salivating hoping we bomb another yr in the graduation rate?!!

McCain is for the NCLB to remain the same and Obama is on the fence, though one of his biggest supporters is Ted Kennedy who was a pioneer in getting the NCLB started. I don't see it going away and Butch was smart to get out before it got him fired.

Like I said, I am not worried, I think Butch just had a moment where he just made up in his mind in a instant that he was done with it. The candidates may say they support or on the fence, but the public pressure to abolish it will be pretty intense, and I doubt either one wants to burn bridges early on. Oakland just missed getting off the list, so I dont think it will be a problem this year. Plus, Oakland's graduation rate has improved the last 2 years, so its not like they are just meddling in mediocrity. We have a good administation in place and they will see they way through............

Like I said, I am not worried, I think Butch just had a moment where he just made up in his mind in a instant that he was done with it. The candidates may say they support or on the fence, but the public pressure to abolish it will be pretty intense, and I doubt either one wants to burn bridges early on. Oakland just missed getting off the list, so I dont think it will be a problem this year. Plus, Oakland's graduation rate has improved the last 2 years, so its not like they are just meddling in mediocrity. We have a good administation in place and they will see they way through............

BUT......The NCLB graduation rate STANDARD increases every yr. So even if the OHS rate goes up more, they still have to reach a higher number each yr to meet the federal guidelines. New president doesn't go in office until Jan.....so may be too late to save it if abolished. Face it, with the 40% free lunch population there, that is going to be nearly impossible to reach the goals set.

I read that Butch is going to Providence Christian School....so much for getting out of education.