2A State Champs?

Milan2010

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only team that will beat Alcoa is Maryville. No other public or private can compete with an open zone program. Oh by the way, the coach ain't bad either.

I just hope we get the chance to compete with them up in Motown because we will not back down. It would be an honor for them to come to our lowly little rockpile.

All this talk about playing GP three times and learning them...it goes both ways. GP got to see the A-Town offense and defense for three years. One would think they might be able to figure something out. I guess we all know the answer to that question..might be wise to get out of your region first before talking so much smack about A-Town.

Gp wont be in murfreseboro this year FACT! And as long as alcoa has gas in the bus and 11 players they are the winners

I have said this more than once. If anyone is to dethrone Alcoa this will be the year to do it. Alcoa will still be a great team this year. Alcoa only has 13 seniors. Alcoa will be freaking loaded for bear the next several years. Alcoa has a strong junior,sophomore,freshman and 8th grade class. If Alcoa wins 2A this year they may win 10 straight.

Maryville will have a hard time beating Alcoa in 2009 and 2010.

What has happened to Alcoa is they now have a program. For years they got by on just great athletes. Jon Reid started the weight training that Alcoa does now. Gary Rankin has brought discipline to Alcoa. Another thing is used to Alcoa would rely on one great class to help them win. I have seen times when Alcoa would have 2 or 3 seniors in a class. The 2002 team had a handful of seniors. The 2004 team had 3 seniors. Those days are over. Alcoa is a small school but has nearly 80 kids out for football.

Hello Ron my friend. I am so happy that it's football time in TN again. You know that I always appreciate your perspective. How does Maryville look this year? I'll be cheering for them except for the AHSvs.MHS game. BTW give mom a call I know she would love to hear from you.

I see what your saying respectively. I've seen Goodpasture play the last 2 or 3 straight years. I saw Alcoa last year in the state finals in person. I know how good Alcoa is. I'll say that this years Milan team will match the speed and athleticism of Alcoa. I ain't saying Milan will win this game, I'm just saying their capable of it. Milan will have to make it to Murfreesboro first and make it through either Goodpasture, CPA, or whomever they may play. I'll guarantee you Coach Morris will have Milan ready to play and prepared. Good Luck to Alcoa this year of course and I will LOVEEEE to see an Alcoa/Milan game. If Alcoa wins it big time I'll show my respect to Alcoa and let them have their props.

As for the comment on the video tape, they may get it. Speed is deceptive on camera though. They may get their alignments and what they run but speed is deceptive on film. That's vice versa for Milan on Alcoa but Milan has seen Alcoa in the state championships so they know what Alcoa will bring to the table.

Speed will not be deceptive to Alcoa. They can match anyone's speed and athleticism, regardless of class.

Here we go again. WA WA WA WA!!! Alcoa might have 4 players that don't live in Alcoa and 2 of those guys don't even start. Most of Alcoa players are from Alcoa. Please quite making up excuses.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No excuses here, I dont have a dog in the fight. I hope Alcoa wins the state title the next 5 years straight . Who knows maybe then you will be considered a dyasty like Maryville.