White House @ Portland-Week 1

Olred

2000 Quarter Finals Portland 19 White House 13 White House fumbles at the end of the game to give Portland the win. Portland went on to win state 43-0

also in 2001 it was so hot it was 98 degrees at kick off portland pulled it out 14-13. Portland drove and scored as i recalled before halftime with a pass from richard depriest to chad bruce before half time. portland also had trouble stopping shane dorris that night. It was a hot and hard faught game.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 Quarter Finals Portland 19 White House 13 White House fumbles at the end of the game to give Portland the win. Portland went on to win state 43-0

the final score was 19-10, wh did not fumble, it was 16-10 and portland methodically drove the ball down the field late in the game and kicked a field goal to make it

19-10 with about 2 minutes left, we could have fumbled late in the game after we got the ball back but once they went up 19-10 we would have had to scored twice in the final

minute to win the game, both teams knew whoever won that game would go on to win state, my son was starting defensive end and center on that team, he was a junior,the

next year we moved up to 4-A, probably the best high school football game i have seen, it was at portland,coldest night too, now it could have been 13-10 and portland

drove down and scored a touchdown and then missed extra point, i have seen so much football with my youngest son now a senior its hard to remember the details but the final was 19-10.

any BD's coming to watch GB vs PJP tomorrow night?

I'm thinking about coming to the Brier tomorrow night. If I can get out of moving furniture I'd love to watch this game. I keep reading about Greenbrier being much improved from last year, which is scary after how close the game was at your place. I also keep hearing about this Tate (can't remember his first name) possibly being better than Golden. Wouldn't mind seeing that either. My biggest problem would be forcing something GREEN over my head.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good luck tomorrow night Greenbrier !!!!

the final score was 19-10, wh did not fumble, it was 16-10 and portland methodically drove the ball down the field late in the game and kicked a field goal to make it

19-10 with about 2 minutes left, we could have fumbled late in the game after we got the ball back but once they went up 19-10 we would have had to scored twice in the final

minute to win the game, both teams knew whoever won that game would go on to win state, my son was starting defensive end and center on that team, he was a junior,the

next year we moved up to 4-A, probably the best high school football game i have seen, it was at portland,coldest night too, now it could have been 13-10 and portland

drove down and scored a touchdown and then missed extra point, i have seen so much football with my youngest son now a senior its hard to remember the details but the final was 19-10.

your right it was a great game and cold. Maybe their ca be another good one this year

I'm thinking about coming to the Brier tomorrow night. If I can get out of moving furniture I'd love to watch this game. I keep reading about Greenbrier being much improved from last year, which is scary after how close the game was at your place. I also keep hearing about this Tate (can't remember his first name) possibly being better than Golden. Wouldn't mind seeing that either. My biggest problem would be forcing something GREEN over my head.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good luck tomorrow night Greenbrier !!!!

Hey I feel your pain everytime I wear BLUE jeans. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

TO THE PLAYERS: THIS GAME HAS ALWAYS SET THE TONE FOR THE REST OF THE FOOTBALL SEASON,THIS GAME IS ALWAYS PLAYED WITH HEART AND EMOTION.GOOD LUCK TO THE TEAM AND REMEMBER WATCH YOUR FILM ON THE NEXT OPPONENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER FRIDAY NIGHTS GAME.YOU CAN NEVER BE TO PREPARED FOR YOUR OPPONENT.HOPE YOU GUYS STILL GET A CHANCE TO EARN YOUR B.D.P STICKERS GOOD LUCK!

where is everybody at? the game is 5 days away /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i figured there would be more talk on here

I agree this was once the biggest rivarl in the state 5 days awawy 730 kick off