District 7AA

lawildcatfan

Early Predictions:

1. Upperman - Did not lose much and will be very good again.

2. Livingston- The loss of Carr will not hurt much with all the talent they have in there program.

3. Smith County - The addition of Carr is huge for this team. alot of teams will not be able to triple and double team anymore with her outside shooting. Owen will be a huge factor this season also.

4. York - The loss of two starters will hurt a little but haveing Brown and Eacret are a huge combo.

5. Cannon County - There guard and postplayers are back.

6. Macon County - Saw them this summer and they struggled at teh guard spot. Wix looked good for them in the post.

7. Dekalb County - still in the bottom but hopefully closing the gate.

You are right. Livingston does have alot of talent in their program, and always have had. However,in my opinion, Carr was the floor general, who seemed to be able to play several different positions. Not flashy by any means, but definitely a solid contributor. As I understand it LA is returning everyone from last season, but all the games that I saw, there was basically a 6 man rotation. If that was still the case, I don't see how you would think that she wouldn't be missed.

UHS WINS DISTRICT!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right. Livingston does have alot of talent in their program, and always have had. However,in my opinion, Carr was the floor general, who seemed to be able to play several different positions. Not flashy by any means, but definitely a solid contributor. As I understand it LA is returning everyone from last season, but all the games that I saw, there was basically a 6 man rotation. If that was still the case, I don't see how you would think that she wouldn't be missed.

UHS WINS DISTRICT!!!

Carr will be missed..not sure about the floor general...The rotation will be more this year. That is why will be better and possibly lead four quarters this time vs. UHS instead of three! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> It should be good!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I look for Mahaney to be much improved and to get lots of playing time.

M. Sells will be improved as well as she gets to build on her great freshmen year.

District 7-AA will be fun to watch this year, especially if you like girls basketball. lol. Good luck to all.

I expect to see you at some basketball games this year huh??? LOL

Ferris will have to come up very strong for Smith co. to be a factor, not sure thats going to happen and the lady owls will be a distant 4th without a solid effort from her and a distant 3rd with her performing well, and I have to give the nod to LA to win district because of their talent level. Now saying that Davis of upperman is the best player in district and could carry UHS to championship, but usally the team with most athletes win and thats LA.