Teams that have declined

MakoRevised

We're covered the teams that have come to greatness within these few years, but what about teams that have declined (within the last year or later). Teams that come to mind:

Webb (Knoxville): I have tons of respect for Webb (They gave Greenback some fits a few years back), and although they're a good team, they really have declined in the past few years.

Milian: Again, a good team, but not, you know, not the great-milian-insane team. Of course, I'm sure being with Westview and Humboldt doesn't help.

--Kemple

Go 'Kees

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kingston has another bad season, they may belong in this category...

1996 5-6 lost 56-14 in 1st round to Tyner

1997 4-6 no playoffs

1998 14-1 state runner up

1999 9-3 won weak region

2000 9-2 lost in 1st round to Rutledge

2001 4-6 no playoffs

Am I being too hard on the Jackets?

You can add Marion County to that mix also. They missed the play-offs last year for the first time in forever. From what I hear they may not be a whole lot better this year either.

Chattanooga Central and Baylor both have a strong football tradition although neither school has done very much in recent times.

Unfortunately, as a Clinton alum, I have to admit that the Dragons have been on a downward spiral since Jim Gaylor left four years ago.

In '92 this school was in the Clinic Bowl and five years ago it was a perennial playoff team. Now Clinton is stuck in a 3-7 rut and interest has taken a major hit.

A team that I wouldn't say has declined (since they were a quaterfinalist last year) but is so unpredictable would be Springfield. It seems as if when they are on the brink of destruction they have a great season. Last year was pretty indicitive of their last seven years with a record of 6-6. Early 90s though, they were tough to beat year in and out. With the talent in the area I would like to see them come back strong.

How can you say Rhea has declined? In the middle 90's they were in decline but in the last three years they were region champs 1999, quarterfinals in 2000, quarterfinals in 2001, and picked by the coaches to win the region this year. Not much of a decline!