Sports Plus Jamboree

Guest nwtnsports

I don't care who's students they were it was a zoo and Southside should be ashamed it happened on their campus. It would not have happened on our campus, but we aren't a Jackson school either. Maybe it is law enforcement that is to blame. How about JCM's defense? How terrible. That police officer looking dude they hired as a D coordinator must be an idiot.

Anyway Catfish things are looking great were we are. Not overly athletic as you know, but we have over 80 kids out for football, and there is a bright future. I can't promise it will happen, but I think we will get the upset win this week. I believe we would win this game 70% of the time. I am excited about Friday though. How's the cubs looking? Take it easy on East tonight. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at every high school stadium you go to you find large groups of people just standing around last night you just had enough of them to where it became an issue and violence started. Im young enough to remember going to the games, that i wasnt a part of, and when play stopped at halftime taking a couple walks around the stadium. i agree that its a shame we cant enjoy football without a lot of ignorance going on but thats the way of the world now. more police should have made available but this "thugged out" behavior as you call it is the new norm careful how much you talk people from surrounding areas people follow trends at first it was memphis now jackson next it could be your town

Its just a reflection of our society decline and moral "I" statements. Single women not knowing (or should they) how to bring up a male teenager by themselves. This social issues is going to get much worse before it gets better until the school and the administration gets control. My child attends a private school and this crap is not tolerated. My childs school has my permission to take charge of my childs behavior while he is in their care. I trust they will do the right thing. Our school administration is not afraid of some parent yelling lawsuit or rights violation crap.

Why can't public shool officals (like it was in my day) grab a young male with his pants half way down his butt and slap some sense into him or at least 3 licks with a hard piece of wood. These males are being "raised" to get attention by acting a thug/rapper. I will tell you all that wear your pants down to your knees, cheap stupid looking earrings and clothing that you buy at the Goodwill that I hope that some strong older male slaps you into next week and shows you how to become a man. Right now you thugs are a bother to society and I wish you and you welfare mother were lock away until you grow-up or find a daddy to show you how to be a mature respectful young man.

Note: Everyone who has a hand gun carry permit........us it.......anywhere in Jackson. Yes I know your not allowed to carry on a school campus, but the the JPD will not be around to protect your family, or arrest you or the thugs for breaking the law. I honestly felt safer in midtown Memphis last year playing GW Carver in the playoffs. Jackson residence should demand better police presence at the Jamboree. And Gibson County should leave their thugs at home. (this means you, Humboldt)

Those eight police cars that I saw AFTER the trouble began should have been there BEFORE the first game started. South Side officials should have hired off duty officers to work security for this event. They also made more than enough money off of food sales that they could have hired some security for the game. I did not see one police officer until AFTER trouble began.

I lay blame with the school officials for not hiring security officers and having them deployed in key areas around the stadium.

North Side officials, you should have hired officers last year too.

Whomever hosts the jamboree next year had best hire the proper security to help stop trouble BEFORE it begins.

JMO