What TSSAA rule do you think should be changed?

VolunteerGeneral

It would be nice if they made a rule that prevents smaller teams from playing up in classification unless they can secure at least two region victories during their first year in the larger division. From, there, if they fail to have a minimum total of 3 region victories over the next two seasons, kick'em out! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wholeheartedly about the kickoff return rule. I think that rule is and always will be silly.

I also agree with fewer classifications, but I think the smaller public schools would be the biggest opponent to doing that again. However, I would LOVE to see a small tournament of state champions at the end of each year to determine the unified state championship (with Division 2 schools included). That would be AMAZINGLY entertaining!

I also agree with fewer classifications, but I think the smaller public schools would be the biggest opponent to doing that again. However, I would LOVE to see a small tournament of state champions at the end of each year to determine the unified state championship (with Division 2 schools included). That would be AMAZINGLY entertaining!

I agree with the playoff rule proposal. It would be great to settle the 2a v 4 or 5a debate and the public/private debate on the field instead of on these boards.

Guest touchdowntech

i'm from illinois where the ihsa is a 1st class athletic association.get rid of the public/private split.tssaa takes money from the private schools they force to play up and split off into that stupid 6 team playoff.it's like moving a guy in with you that killed your family.privates should break off from tssaa if they are not wanted and make their own division.no schools are perfect but if public schools were safer and run better then kids wouldn't go to private schools so much.i also think the transfer rule is a joke.in illinois you can transfer 1 time without sitting out a year unless you move alot which rarely happens.