FIVE RIVERS JAMBOREE?

VHSFALCONS

With the change in classifications next year I see there being different jamborees than we have seen in the past. I might be wrong but an example could be with what will be the Big 7 next year (Crockett, Boone, Volunteer, Science Hill, Tennessee High, DB, Sullivan South) I'm sure another school will be added. There might be a possibility of Greeneville hosting one with their new conference as well. Like I said I could be wrong but I don't see the current jamborees staying exactly the same as they were this year.

Where will Greeneville be playing next year, and what other teams in the conference?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville might as well be playing in a conference with the TN schools for the deaf and blind from what ive heard its all the greene co schools and a few other schools that im honestly not sure why they have football haha

Greeneville will surely move up in classification but I have not heard as to where and who they will be in conference with.

Greeneville will surely move up in classification but I have not heard as to where and who they will be in conference with.

Greeneville's enrollment should put them in a region with, Unicoi County, Elizabethton, Happy Valley, Johnson County, Sullivan Central, and Sullivan East. Unicoi and Elizabethton also play up.

Greeneville, according to the information that was leaked to the Tennessean, will be playing in Class AA (3A/4A) District 2 with 3A – Chucky Doak, Cumberland Gap, South Greene, West Greene, 4A – Claiborne Co., Grainger Co. (formerly Rutledge), and Union Co. It's almost nauseating to think that passionate Greeneville fans will be subjected to those match ups. Sadly, Greeneville's options are either this garbage, or move up to Class AAA (5A/6A) District 2 with 5A – Cherokee, Cocke Co., Morristown East, Morristown West, Seymour, 6A – Jefferson Co. and Sevier Co.

Being a Dobyns Bennett fan, I would gladly accept the Greene Devils into Class AAA (5A/6A) District 1 with 5A – Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Sullivan South, Tennessee High, Volunteer, 6A – Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill.

Greeneville, according to the information that was leaked to the Tennessean, will be playing in Class AA (3A/4A) District 2 with 3A – Chucky Doak, Cumberland Gap, South Greene, West Greene, 4A – Claiborne Co., Grainger Co. (formerly Rutledge), and Union Co. It's almost nauseating to think that passionate Greeneville fans will be subjected to those match ups. Sadly, Greeneville's options are either this garbage, or move up to Class AAA (5A/6A) District 2 with 5A – Cherokee, Cocke Co., Morristown East, Morristown West, Seymour, 6A – Jefferson Co. and Sevier Co.

Being a Dobyns Bennett fan, I would gladly accept the Greene Devils into Class AAA (5A/6A) District 1 with 5A – Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Sullivan South, Tennessee High, Volunteer, 6A – Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill.

When will these decisions be made?

Our options are not really very good. If we go with the TSSAA plan it is against poor football and no natural rivalries (quality of football). We won't be given the option to go with Betsy, Erwin, ect. pretty good FB and long time rivalries in many different sports. That leaves us to play up which many of us would like to get away from. But to go west AA/AAA does not look appealing at all.

Catch 22

When will these decisions be made?

The TSSAA will be using enrollment figures, from what I understand, from the latest classification cycle, 2005-2009 (school population figures from the schools years of 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, and 2008-2009). I imagine they'll take the average. I think it would be disastrous if they only used enrollment figures for the 2008-2009 school year. Their decisions should be made sometime next spring/summer. CoachT will definatley see a spike in bloggers.

Our options are not really very good. If we go with the TSSAA plan it is against poor football and no natural rivalries (quality of football). We won't be given the option to go with Betsy, Erwin, ect. pretty good FB and long time rivalries in many different sports. That leaves us to play up which many of us would like to get away from. But to go west AA/AAA does not look appealing at all.

Catch 22

Is petitioning the TSSAA out of the question? Adding Greeneville to Class AA (3A/4A) District 1 would only make a conference of eight teams, and potentially save on travel costs (I'd definatley have to crunch some numbers to validate that claim).

Catch 22

Which do you think is the most likely scenario for Greeneville?

Great question and I really don't know.

I think honestly all of us know we should be playing down but, with all the renovations to the stadium and the teams we would face that seems like a slap in the face to many people. I think we will move up and unless we start recruiting we will hardly ever see the playoffs past the first round.