FIVE RIVERS JAMBOREE?

VHSFALCONS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did all the teams look at the jamboree? Who looked the most impressive and after seeing it how do you see the conference finishing out? I sure hated to miss it!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

you didn't miss it yet.....its tonight at 6:30

Just for the education of a middle Tennessean who honestly does not know, what exactly are the 5 rivers that make up the conference and when was it named that?

Thanks!

LOD

The IMAC (Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference) became the Fiver Rivers Conference in the mid 90s.

I'm not sure of the rivers that make up the conference. I've never read of anything alluding to their names. If I had to guess, I'd say Holston, Watauga, and the Nolichucky. It's confusing because every team in the IMAC, with the exception of Morristown West and Cocke Co., have played in the Mountain Lakes Conference (Region 1 4A).

Sevier County, Carter, and Jefferson County have also played in the IMAC.

The Big Six became the Mountain Lakes Conference in 1995 with the following teams: Elizabethton, Tennessee, Sullivan South, Sullivan East, Sullivan Central, Greeneville, Cherokee, Daniel Boone, and David Crockett. The last four teams are currently in the Five Rivers, so the name may not have anything to do with current members.

In 2009, the Moutain Lakes Conference will go back to being called the Big 7. Hopefully the Five Rivers will go back to the IMAC.

The IMAC (Inter-Mountain Athletic Conference) became the Fiver Rivers Conference in the mid 90s.

I'm not sure of the rivers that make up the conference. I've never read of anything alluding to their names. If I had to guess, I'd say Holston, Watauga, and the Nolichucky. It's confusing because every team in the IMAC, with the exception of Morristown West and Cocke Co., have played in the Mountain Lakes Conference (Region 1 4A).

Sevier County, Carter, and Jefferson County have also played in the IMAC.

The Big Six became the Mountain Lakes Conference in 1995 with the following teams: Elizabethton, Tennessee, Sullivan South, Sullivan East, Sullivan Central, Greeneville, Cherokee, Daniel Boone, and David Crockett. The last four teams are currently in the Five Rivers, so the name may not have anything to do with current members.

In 2009, the Moutain Lakes Conference will go back to being called the Big 7. Hopefully the Five Rivers will go back to the IMAC.

FYI - The five rivers are generally considered to include the Clinch, French Broad, Holston, Nolichucky, and Powell Rivers although the Powell could easily be substituted by the Pigeon.

From what I saw tonight Greeneville was by far the most impressive team. Greenway looked great, and the running back Hall ran all over East. Also I know it is just a warm up but I expected Knight from East to be in on almost every tackle, looked to me like he wasn't playing full speed, which I can understand.

I left before the last quarter after the skills competition so I didn't see West and Cocke County.

Volunteer and Boone were scoreless at the end of the first quarter. Boone started rushing well on the Falcons near the end of the quarter.

Jeff Co played Cherokee, looked to me by the size of the kids on Jeff Co, that it may have been their JV players? Not sure, but they were smaller guys on the field while larger guys were on the sidelnes. Either way Jeff Co was up on Cherokee 6-0 at the end of the quarter.

Greeneville looks to be the team to beat for sure!

From what I saw tonight Greeneville was by far the most impressive team. Greenway looked great, and the running back Hall ran all over East. Also I know it is just a warm up but I expected Knight from East to be in on almost every tackle, looked to me like he wasn't playing full speed, which I can understand.

I agree. Knight needs to play like a D1 LB. So far from what I have seen, he has not. Halls big runs went right up the gut where our MLB should have been there to meet him but was not. If it looked like he was not playing full speed, you are right but I do not understand that mind set. GHS looked good and it took our offense a bit to get going. I think week 9 will be a BIG game and seriously effect the playoff picture.