MBA/Indy Scrimmage. Any word?

hsfbfan1

I saw the first three quarters (twelve minute quarters, rolling clock for the most part).

MBA led 7-0 after the first and 21-0 after two. MBA marched downfield for a TD on its first drive after Independence's first drive sputtered after some early success. MBA had some big gainers to set up its second TD in the second quarter and then scored on a long pass play to wrap up first half scoring. MBA also had a pass intercepted in the end zone right after intercepting Indy on a deflection.

MBA seemed to be rotating 1s and 2s freely in the first half (a good amount of 2s were in on the second TD drive); I'm not sure the extent to which Indy was subbing.

Indy scored 13 in the third quarter in what appeared to be backup play. Indy had some good success passing in this quarter.

I didn't see the fourth quarter.

For the most part MBA seemed to handle Independence pretty well until near the end of the game. Luke Colbert, junior the number 2 quarterback for MBA right now, had one rushing TD and another through the air on a long bomb to Jr. wide receiver Holden Mobley. Dent Shillinglaw had the other score with about a 5 yard rush into the end zone.

Any word on the scrimmage? I heard the final score was 3 scores to 2 scores in favor of MBA. I also heard Nick Smith tossed a TD to Cameron Williams and Josh Bailey pounded one in. Correct me if I'm wrong and someone further give some details.

And I think the QB debate just got a bit more interesting.

the Indy 1's vs MBA 1's was 3-0. Hate to be hard on the QB who threw the TD but against the MBA 1's that was pick 6 and the other TD was well past the MBA 2's. MBA never struggled in this scrimmage really. MBA had a nice passing attack going with the D pounding Indy for 3-4 sacks.

Any word on the scrimmage? I heard the final score was 3 scores to 2 scores in favor of MBA. I also heard Nick Smith tossed a TD to Cameron Williams and Josh Bailey pounded one in. Correct me if I'm wrong and someone further give some details.

And I think the QB debate just got a bit more interesting.

Haha. Yeah you obviously heard that from an Indy parent/player. MBA's 1st team vs. Indy's 1st team was 21-0. Then MBA took out the starters half way through the 2nd quarter, while Indy kept in their 1st team the whole scrimmage until the last series. Yes the overall score was 21-13, but since in a real game the starters are the ones playing, then the real score was 21-0.

Haha. Yeah you obviously heard that from an Indy parent/player. MBA's 1st team vs. Indy's 1st team was 21-0. Then MBA took out the starters half way through the 2nd quarter, while Indy kept in their 1st team the whole scrimmage until the last series. Yes the overall score was 21-13, but since in a real game the starters are the ones playing, then the real score was 21-0.

Man I'm so happy that the rest of the games count so we can stop hearing about the 1s and 2s and who was in the game and who wasn't. This is not a shot directed towards anyone because I have said it myself. It's just good we can get on with regular season games and stop all the guessing who looked the best in a scrimmage. The final score will tell us that from here on. Are you with me? (By the way, buying the MBA side of this story)