Millington Vs Munford... M&M Bowl 2008....

Rob_M

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Munford is to be competitive and even win this one, who are the players that are going to have to have BIG games? I have to admit I am not very familar with this years renditon of the Munford Cougars. With the loss of the QB to gradudate and RB to transfer, who are the playmakers that make this years team go?

For Millington, the players to watch on offense will be RB Teseaun Holmes (5'10" 185pd SR),RB Tyrell Garner (6'3" 230pd JR),and WR Kevin Oliver (5'9" 185 SR). Our Starting QB will be 6'3" 185pd SR Santerio Bragg. He was a backup to Randon Freyerson last year. I also expect to see 5'11" 200pd Soph Mario Harwell at QB as well. He has had a nice fall camp and has really pushed Santerio for the starting job.

That's a good question on the Munford side since most of the players are making their first starts or significant playing time. They have good athletes across the board but who steps up will be a concern all season. Running back by committee, QB has decent arm and the lineman are generally big. Hope it doesn't sound like we aren't proud of them but since the RB had to transfer the rest of the team wouldn't draw big names. Coaches do a good job of making them a team so it might turn out to be a good thing, we do expect next year to not have so many unknowns!

Not much help but this is the way I see it.

They did some work this summer and it looked really good last Friday. I would bet that someone would be from the North end of the county and they aren't usually real complimentary... To their credit, it was rough towards the middle to end of last season but I don't think it will be a problem.

It was not anyone from the North part of the county but they really don't have much to talk about up there this year so maybe a topic about Munfords Field would be interesting to them since there doesn't appear to be much Football going on up there. I hope you we are referring to the same place since there is two schools above you. It also seems you are about the only Munford Fan saying anything about this game. Where are all the Munford Supporters.

We need some more chatter about the game, come on munford you are 1-0 and about to have a huge crowd in your house, where are you.

Munford Tiger i am guessing that part of your name may have you interested in Oxford Saturday. i could be wrong because T-county is pretty Orange from what i can tell. Go trojans.

It was not anyone from the North part of the county but they really don't have much to talk about up there this year so maybe a topic about Munfords Field would be interesting to them since there doesn't appear to be much Football going on up there. I hope you we are referring to the same place since there is two schools above you. It also seems you are about the only Munford Fan saying anything about this game. Where are all the Munford Supporters.

We need some more chatter about the game, come on munford you are 1-0 and about to have a huge crowd in your house, where are you.

Munford Tiger i am guessing that part of your name may have you interested in Oxford Saturday. i could be wrong because T-county is pretty Orange from what i can tell. Go trojans.

You are correct about the school in question up north. The other is still considered a South Tiptonite.

I'm not sure where the normal crew is but it has been a tough preseason. The crowds will definately be there on Friday night and I think it could be a competitive game. If the Trojans take off early then it might not be as fun! I heard there was some pre-game activity last week from some of the Millington groups (don't know if it was players or not) and I hope we don't have any of that at the game. Back yard rivalries should be fun and about the game not something in or around the stands (on both sides).

You correct about my interest in Oxford but it is for one night only. I'm afraid it may go the same as our Friday night match up but I'll be at that one wearing BLUE. T-County tends to be "Orange" but you see more Tiger Blue than you used to... Of course you see more during basketball.

Look forward to the game and seeing you folks from Shelby County.

You are correct about the school in question up north. The other is still considered a South Tiptonite.

I'm not sure where the normal crew is but it has been a tough preseason. The crowds will definately be there on Friday night and I think it could be a competitive game. If the Trojans take off early then it might not be as fun! I heard there was some pre-game activity last week from some of the Millington groups (don't know if it was players or not) and I hope we don't have any of that at the game. Back yard rivalries should be fun and about the game not something in or around the stands (on both sides).

You correct about my interest in Oxford but it is for one night only. I'm afraid it may go the same as our Friday night match up but I'll be at that one wearing BLUE. T-County tends to be "Orange" but you see more Tiger Blue than you used to... Of course you see more during basketball.

Look forward to the game and seeing you folks from Shelby County.

There was a little incident at the game last week and it did involve some players and students. not much came of it other than some mouthing about where they were sitting. One of our Players has a relative playing for Munford and the family members were right there when the millington kids were told to move because seats were reserved. Hopefully we will not have students getting into fights and carrying on come friday night. I worry about Oxford saturday night but i believe they will put up a good fight. Good Luck and Go Trojans/Tigers

There was a little incident at the game last week and it did involve some players and students. not much came of it other than some mouthing about where they were sitting. One of our Players has a relative playing for Munford and the family members were right there when the millington kids were told to move because seats were reserved. Hopefully we will not have students getting into fights and carrying on come friday night. I worry about Oxford saturday night but i believe they will put up a good fight. Good Luck and Go Trojans/Tigers

I think there is probably good reason to worry on Saturday Night. The Tigers are facing a potentially much improved Ole Miss Team (Jevan Snead) with a coach that actually has a clue. The Tigers have lost the past few years to less talented poorly coached Ole Miss teams.

I feel much more confident about the game on Friday night. The 12th man could keep Munford around for awhile though. I am always impressed with the way that the Cougar faithful turn out come football season.

Go Trojans!!

I can't believe that this topic got buried 3 pages deep in just 2 days. Let's get it back to front page news.

I find it hard to believe that you are concerned that there is not much chatter about this matchup! Let's face it...When you talk about the M and M bowl, It's been all Millington! When was the last time Munford won? Can't remember...Me either! Why not just call it the M bowl! On a serious note, this should be no contest. Millington is loaded from top to bottom and Munford struggled to beat a Northside team that has now lost 31 in a row. I see this all Millington but hope I am wrong.

I find it hard to believe that you are concerned that there is not much chatter about this matchup! Let's face it...When you talk about the M and M bowl, It's been all Millington! When was the last time Munford won? Can't remember...Me either! Why not just call it the M bowl! On a serious note, this should be no contest. Millington is loaded from top to bottom and Munford struggled to beat a Northside team that has now lost 31 in a row. I see this all Millington but hope I am wrong.

I think winning by a score of 50-16 is hardly "Struggling". Actually the Munford "D" pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. So, I am sure they have a little confidence going into this weeks game. But to answer your question, Millington has won the last 5 games in the M&M Bowl series. Here's to hoping that tomorrow nights makes #6.

I think there is probably good reason to worry on Saturday Night. The Tigers are facing a potentially much improved Ole Miss Team (Jevan Snead) with a coach that actually has a clue. The Tigers have lost the past few years to less talented poorly coached Ole Miss teams.

I feel much more confident about the game on Friday night. The 12th man could keep Munford around for awhile though. I am always impressed with the way that the Cougar faithful turn out come football season.

Go Trojans!!

I guess at least I get to worry 2 nights in a row! The outcome will probably be consistant with history for both the high school and college level but that's why we play. Just every once in a while a little magic, good luck or whatever you call it comes to the rescue for the underdog. Let's hope the genie is in a Munford/Memphis bottle this weekend but at a minimum all of the participants come out of it healthy.

GO COUGARS/TIGERS

I think winning by a score of 50-16 is hardly "Struggling". Actually the Munford "D" pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. So, I am sure they have a little confidence going into this weeks game. But to answer your question, Millington has won the last 5 games in the M&M Bowl series. Here's to hoping that tomorrow nights makes #6.

That is a struggle, seeing how Norhside was blown-out even when Ryan was coaching. Now unless NS has gotten better, Munford needs to buckle down and concentrate hard on this game. Millington isn't a joke. But like I said before, Munford has a huge amount of supporters at home. In Ryan's last year I think we were either a point or a touchdown away from beating them. I have faith in the cougars for being able to win. I just look forward to seeing them put their all on the field. Because if not, they're sure not to win. But I'll be routing you on anyway you go. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was just informed about the actions of the Millington Trojans. And wow do they have class. Coming into Munford and spray painting the cougar that I helped raise money for. And painting the windows and the Cougar that I painted on the ground. Real classy. I hope munford beats the mess out them tomorrow. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was just informed about the actions of the Millington Trojans. And wow do they have class. Coming into Munford and spray painting the cougar that I helped raise money for. And painting the windows and the Cougar that I painted on the ground. Real classy. I hope munford beats the mess out them tomorrow. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be so sure that It was Millington players or fans. I wouldn't put it past Coach Randall to have done it himself to fire his team up for the game tomorrow night.