Greeneville High Turf

noonesfool

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an OUTSTANDING high school facility. The turf looks great. Is it a Sprint Turf-type with the rubber pellets? Did the school system pay for this or did football / boosters come up with the money? Any other teams use the field like junior high, etc. Do they practice on this field as well?

Field looks great, and the shrubs along the exterior of the

field is a first class touch. This stadium and facilities are

on the way to becoming one of the best in east Tennessee.

DB will never be beat in terms of the fieldhouse, turf, and

size of the stadium, but Greeneville is doing all the right

things -- on and off the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Field and surroundings look great. I do have one big complaint, though. Why has the color black been creeping into the uniforms during the past few years, and now the end-zone lettering?

I don't recall black on the uniforms in the 70's or 80's. I hated seeing it on the basketball uniforms, and now the solid black lettering in the end zones.

Maybe someone in the know can enlighten me.

Field and surroundings look great. I do have one big complaint, though. Why has the color black been creeping into the uniforms during the past few years, and now the end-zone lettering?

I don't recall black on the uniforms in the 70's or 80's. I hated seeing it on the basketball uniforms, and now the solid black lettering in the end zones.

Maybe someone in the know can enlighten me.

for the lettering wouldn't you think green letters would blend in with the turf an i think white would look to plain.... but thats just me

The black outlined numbers and letters look great and make it stand out.

I'm probably just old-fashioned, but there seems to be a trend in recent years of teams that, traditionally, have no black in their uniforms adding black at every opportunity. For example, Duke University has used black jerseys, the Boston Celtics have added black to some of their uniforms, and the basketball Vols sneak in a bit of black as well.

Each of the teams I've listed above have traditionally been 2 color teams(Duke-blue/white, Celtics-green/white, and Vols-orange/white). Recent years have seen GHS add black to the basketball and the football jerseys, and I would submit that black is not a traditional color of the school. You acn make the argument that it's needed in the endzone, but I've got to believe the green and white could have worked.