MBA vs. Antioch? Who wins this rematch?

DeepSouth44

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game cost Antioch nothing. It has no effect on whether or not they qualify from their region. They know that there are some places where they match up fairly well against what seems to be a very good team, and what is most definitely a historically great program. They've learned a lot that should make them better down the line.

And beyond winning and losing, high school sports is supposed to have some educational benefit. They've learned the cost of inattentiveness to detail. If they turn around and have a good season (as they did last year), they learn the value of persevering after a disappointment. And I maintain that there is value and honor in competing against the very best, even if you don't win.

[/qu

Playing and Winning against a team that has superior talent is one of the greatest thrills in athlectics. Losing still stinks!

Guest workinprogress

Antioch hasnt been good since Lamarkus coker and Preston Brown

Really, because since Coker left Antioch has gotten farther in the playoffs than when he was there. Last year, without either of the two, they made it farther than Antioch has made it in quite some time if ever. Any other opinions???

Guest workinprogress

It wasn't the player's fault.

Agreed. But what chicken little was saying was that since those two left AHS hasnt been any good. I wasnt simply saying that since they left AHS has gotten better. No disrespect to the players just saying that his comment was inaccurate as a whole.

Are you saying it was the coach's fault???? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Shadow,

What is your opinion? When you have 2 RB like Coker & Brown along with a line in the 275#+ range you should make it past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Are you saying it was the coach's fault???? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I will say that. With myself included. We should have made deep runs in the playoffs. One year we lost as the top seed, the next we ran into a very good Franklin team in the 1st round, after slipping in the regular season. Players did what was asked of them, the right things were not asked.

I will say that. With myself included. We should have made deep runs in the playoffs. One year we lost as the top seed, the next we ran into a very good Franklin team in the 1st round, after slipping in the regular season. Players did what was asked of them, the right things were not asked.

What would the right things be?