Trinity Christian @ USJ

Stockerd

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Bo played at JCM in 5A. He went to UT and got basically no playing time but he got to run through the T, something many people have never and will never do in their life. He's now a coach at duke under coach cutcliffe. I am a close acquaintance with him....Get your facts right GC.....Bill was the quaterback who played in 2a against you every 3 years and beat you 3 years. Don't post ignorant statements

Beat me to it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Bo was a COOOOOOOOOUGAR!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think I saw one post in this thread discussing the line at TCA. I hear it wasn`t too deep to begin with and they have had some injury issues on the line. TCA has some really playmakers in Washington and Nelson. But two players don`t a team make.

Those who seem to want to put down Washington because of the competition he plays needs to tone it down. The kid does indeed have several offers from D-1A schools including Georgia. You can bet your bottom dollar that one is gonna come from Knoxville as well. Personally I don`t like the trend of offering kids who haven`t even started their sophomore year a scholly. But the big boys are on this kid. There`s no need to get on here and try and tear him down. Frankly, everyone around here should be pretty excited that we have another player around here that has a chance to excel beyond high school. As a football fan from West TN I wish him the best of luck. Players like Trey Teague and Patrick Willis played against similar competition around these parts and did fairly well if you ask me. Washington is in an unfortunate situation because he is being asked to play a position in order to help his team that he`ll likely never play again after high school. But that`s not an unusual thing when you attend a small school. Heck I thought he did a very admirable job last year when he was forced to come in as a freshman and play QB when their starting QB got injured for several games.

This should be a good game. I think USJ wins in a close one, but that`s just my gut feeling. I know Overbey is a good athlete, but I`ve never seen him play QB. He does have a couple of really good targets to throw to though. If USJ`s O-line can let him throw I think the Bruins will take it.

Beat me to it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Bo was a COOOOOOOOOUGAR!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think I saw one post in this thread discussing the line at TCA. I hear it wasn`t too deep to begin with and they have had some injury issues on the line. TCA has some really playmakers in Washington and Nelson. But two players don`t a team make.

Those who seem to want to put down Washington because of the competition he plays needs to tone it down. The kid does indeed have several offers from D-1A schools including Georgia. You can bet your bottom dollar that one is gonna come from Knoxville as well. Personally I don`t like the trend of offering kids who haven`t even started their sophomore year a scholly. But the big boys are on this kid. There`s no need to get on here and try and tear him down. Frankly, everyone around here should be pretty excited that we have another player around here that has a chance to excel beyond high school. As a football fan from West TN I wish him the best of luck. Players like Trey Teague and Patrick Willis played against similar competition around these parts and did fairly well if you ask me. Washington is in an unfortunate situation because he is being asked to play a position in order to help his team that he`ll likely never play again after high school. But that`s not an unusual thing when you attend a small school. Heck I thought he did a very admirable job last year when he was forced to come in as a freshman and play QB when their starting QB got injured for several games.

This should be a good game. I think USJ wins in a close one, but that`s just my gut feeling. I know Overbey is a good athlete, but I`ve never seen him play QB. He does have a couple of really good targets to throw to though. If USJ`s O-line can let him throw I think the Bruins will take it.

Very well stated my good fellow. I am not here as a TCA supporter i just came because i heard someone was doing some unneeded bashing of a great player, really could care less about the game. Once again though well put.

He has a terrible line every qaurterback in the nation would be scared of those schools if they had that protection. He is a great athlete none of us can deny that. He may no be a great QB but we all know better than that here you have a team with 1 great player where you gonna put him. I would want him to touch the ball every single play. As for the game 2 All-State caliber WR Ha! All State is the most overrated most flawed system in this hemisphere. Plus If you pass the ball 80 to 95 times a game and you got only 2 WRs that can catch em they are gonna load up on yards is that not logical. Let's think about cheesenuts. I am gonna go out on a limb that I dont go out on much and say the Lions of TCA win this one close. The most deadly scorer on the field Josh Lenoir's Foot wins this one.

I wouldnt count on TCAs kicker to win this one...and if he does in fact get that chance last years final play in this rivalry game will undoubtedly be on his mind...wide right I do believe it was...or maybe it was wide left...no matter Ill take USJ by two touchdowns. As for Jabriel having played him and seen his athleticism up close and personal USJ definitely needs to contain him. No doubt Coach Marley and Coach Hardegree have drawn up a scheme to do just that.

LOL...The last time USJ was good was back before the internet or this site was available. They had it good when they were the only "game" in town, but a lot of schools have caught up with them and they don't know how to cope with the situation. Ten years ago USJ thought they were something special but now they are just another average sized fish in the pond. They should join D II, offer a few scholarships, and schedule teams like MUS, ECS, Briarchrest, etc. To be the best you must beat the best. Trinity took their lumps the past decade and now they are headed in a positive direction. I applaude their dedication and resolve. They might win and they might lose but they will do so with class.

Thanks for the compliment. Winning is fun, but glorifying God comes first!

Thanks for the compliment. Winning is fun, but glorifying God comes first!

Oh please. TCA students don`t have the market on glorifying God. They have their problems too. I can name a recent incident involving the football team that wasn`t very God-like. There are plenty of kids at USJ and the public schools that glorify God. You don`t have to attend TCA to do that.

Exactly, Im just saying that is the main goal of TCA. Believe me their are plenty of problems at every school. My family has been involved in every private school in Jackson. I have seen all the sides to the situation. Just saying that the coaching staff at TCA preaches that as an player you should glorify God on and off the field.

Oh please. TCA students don`t have the market on glorifying God. They have their problems too. I can name a recent incident involving the football team that wasn`t very God-like. There are plenty of kids at USJ and the public schools that glorify God. You don`t have to attend TCA to do that.

BTW what incident are you refering to?

LOL...The last time USJ was good was back before the internet or this site was available. They had it good when they were the only "game" in town, but a lot of schools have caught up with them and they don't know how to cope with the situation. Ten years ago USJ thought they were something special but now they are just another average sized fish in the pond. They should join D II, offer a few scholarships, and schedule teams like MUS, ECS, Briarchrest, etc. To be the best you must beat the best. Trinity took their lumps the past decade and now they are headed in a positive direction. I applaude their dedication and resolve. They might win and they might lose but they will do so with class.

I agree to be the best you must beat the best. What has TCA done? They had good year last year but they didn't get a chance to even play the best. How many winning season have they even had? Maybe they ought to offer some scholarships and go DII, I amsure if would be easier than 1A.

Exactly, Im just saying that is the main goal of TCA. Believe me their are plenty of problems at every school. My family has been involved in every private school in Jackson. I have seen all the sides to the situation. Just saying that the coaching staff at TCA preaches that as an player you should glorify God on and off the field.

My apologies Stockerd. I thought you were implying something that you probably weren`t.

No need to bring up the other in any further detail. However if you were to get a Plus Membership I`d be glad to send you a PM.