Trinity Christian @ USJ

Stockerd

Put Jabriel against real athletes and see how he does. 1A is not impressive. I'm not arguing that the kid is not a good athlete, far from it. He's a great athlete. But he is just that, an athlete. After watching some tape of him playing QB recently, I honestly don't think he can carry that TCA team, which is what they're gonna need him to do if they wanna beat any halfway decent teams. Maybe when he's a senior, but right now? No.

Post some videos of him trying to run the ball against athletes of his caliber, which you won't find in 1A. Its easy to look good when you're running against teams such as there are in 1A.

And as far as him going to georgia? HAH! I can't form an adequate response to that stupidity just yet. I hope you're not basing that on just the comment on the youtube vid. And if it is true that georgia is recruiting him, then I'm not really worried about my Vol's chances of beating them for the SEC title this year.

Unapproved Website is the source for my previous post about JW being recruited by Georgia. He may not get to play against high caliber college prospects in 1-A, but im pretty sure after seeing USJ in the jamboree and watching them for the last three years that USJ is short on athletes too. Yea USJ has good players and some fast kids. but one on one in the open field, i am taking JW everytime.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put Jabriel against real athletes and see how he does. 1A is not impressive. I'm not arguing that the kid is not a good athlete, far from it. He's a great athlete. But he is just that, an athlete. After watching some tape of him playing QB recently, I honestly don't think he can carry that TCA team, which is what they're gonna need him to do if they wanna beat any halfway decent teams. Maybe when he's a senior, but right now? No.

Post some videos of him trying to run the ball against athletes of his caliber, which you won't find in 1A. Its easy to look good when you're running against teams such as there are in 1A.

And as far as him going to georgia? HAH! I can't form an adequate response to that stupidity just yet. I hope you're not basing that on just the comment on the youtube vid. And if it is true that georgia is recruiting him, then I'm not really worried about my Vol's chances of beating them for the SEC title this year.

Well you better be worried about your VOLS if that's the case, because TN wants him too.

I think this game will go down to the last snap with USJ winning a very close game. I'm just going by what I saw at the jamboree. Now about Jabriel Washington I most saw someone totally different last week, he didn't show me anything, he looked scared at QB. I'm not saying he's not going be the real deal in a couple of years which can very well happen with all these weak A teams in west TN.

I think this game will go down to the last snap with USJ winning a very close game. I'm just going by what I saw at the jamboree. Now about Jabriel Washington I most saw someone totally different last week, he didn't show me anything, he looked scared at QB. I'm not saying he's not going be the real deal in a couple of years which can very well happen with all these weak A teams in west TN.

I'm sure that Washington is a great athlete. He will also have a lot of help from Nelson. The problem that Trinity will have is having only FOUR returning starters. 90% of the team is sophmore or below. You just cant loose that much unless you are packed with stars. I pick USJ by 2 TD's. They will probablly do OK (2nd or 3rd) in the weak division but will be gone after the firtst round of playoffs.

I would be scared to play behind TCA's line too. But I think for him it was more the fact Trenton never let him get situated in the pocket. he was constantly having to run around in the backfield to get a chance to throw without someone in his face. USJ's d-line wasnt impressive either... could be the fact that Liberty is that much better. We wont know till the game. I think TCA pulls out a close one 28-21.

This game is a going to be a key game for both schools. TCA and USJ are both young and untested. A win for either team would really boost their confidence for the rest of the season and give them a solid foundation to build on. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I totally agree! This is going to be a battle in the trenches and a really tough game on the road for the Lions. In a close game...TCA by 3.

TCA 27 USJ 21 Jabriel Washinton is not the only player capable of big plays for the Lions! Hagen Nelson, Austin Whitsitt, Josh Lenior. Joey Hanson and Dillon Yates can both catch the ball as possession kind of recievers and Alex Silvia is an animal at Linebacker!

First off USJ wins bc they are the better team... USJ 35 TCA 7 I think that USj will completely shut Jabriel down. and #12 for TCA is one of the laziest players i have seen in years. When he's not getting the ball he mopes around. #5 used to be at USj and he would be third string right now if he had stayed. Hanson is not a "possession reciever" he will get destroyed running routs this year. Good Luck to both teams this year. but USJ has too much "team speed" for TCA.

Alright no more bashing, I'm now gonna be serious. I'm picking USJ in this one because of the inexperience of TCA. The only key player that is new for USJ is Jake Overbey at QB, and I'm pretty sure with his nearly fully senior O-line, and his veteran group of recievers, he'll do ok. As I said earlier, he's got help from two all-state caliber wideouts with Austin M. and Danny S., and his older brother Preston and the simply amazing Dusty Bright at TE and slot respectively.

Only question mark really for USJ is the D-line. Though, I think against a similarly sized and slower O-line from TCA, they get the checkmark on this one.

O..and by the way, you serious about Austin Whitsitt making big plays? Hah! As the poster stated above me, he'd be on third string right now if he were still at USJ, or backing up Jake Overbey at QB.

O, and GCpioneer, if by high caliber you mean overrated, then yes, we haven't had a high caliber player in awhile. I know of a few kids on the USJ team who have more athletic ability in them then Jabriel will have when he's their age. USJ just happens to get more than one athlete every decade, so we don't hype them up as much as Jabriel has been.