MTN. LAKES CONF.(Who will be on top?)

headhunter13

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on somebody give me there 2 cents worth

This year is a good example why the reclassification was necessary. With all due respect, it's obvious that non of these schools are truly in the league of THS and South, and that only hurts everybody involved. THS and South suffer in the playoffs as a result of weaker competition, and the other schools suffer from loosing athletes that are tired of getting beat down by the same schools year after year. I know some of you will look at this post as a cheap shot, but that's not my intentions. I just simply tell it like it tisss!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The way I see it:

THS

South

Elizabethton

Johnson County

Central

East

Unicoi

North

If you come down off that pedestal where there is more oxygen, maybe you can think a little more clear and realize how absurd your last post was. Best I remember Bristol got put out of the playoffs by Volunteer last year. Are you really blaming that on playing Sull East, Central, Elizabethton, etc.?

Oh, from the looks of last season and this season so far, I would not put Bristol in the same sentence as South just yet. Best get ready for the Indians instead of whining about how weak your conference is.

If you come down off that pedestal where there is more oxygen, maybe you can think a little more clear and realize how absurd your last post was. Best I remember Bristol got put out of the playoffs by Volunteer last year. Are you really blaming that on playing Sull East, Central, Elizabethton, etc.?

Oh, from the looks of last season and this season so far, I would not put Bristol in the same sentence as South just yet. Best get ready for the Indians instead of whining about how weak your conference is.

Actually his post wasn't absurd at all. He wasn't blaming East, Central, and Elizabethton on the Volunteer loss, that was Tennessee High's fault. South and THS, however, don't benefit from playing 2A and 3A teams in this conference. When the playoffs roll around it's better for a team to be battle tested in the regular season so they don't get flat out embarrassed by the first team to give them a challenge. I imagine that's why THS has DB on the schedule and why DB has William Blount and Oak Ridge on the schedule.

In South's 3 year reign over the MLC, their largest margin of victory over Tennessee High was 10 points. Most of the games have been very memorable and I expect that this year's will be no different.

This year is a good example why the reclassification was necessary. With all due respect, it's obvious that non of these schools are truly in the league of THS and South, and that only hurts everybody involved. THS and South suffer in the playoffs as a result of weaker competition, and the other schools suffer from loosing athletes that are tired of getting beat down by the same schools year after year. I know some of you will look at this post as a cheap shot, but that's not my intentions. I just simply tell it like it tisss!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The way I see it:

THS

South

Elizabethton

Johnson County

Central

East

Unicoi

North

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I think THS will come out on top as bad as I hate to say it, but do you really think that Eliz will come in 3rd and I'm not going to say anything about South yet because they are defending MLC champs looks to be a good season.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I think THS will come out on top as bad as I hate to say it, but do you really think that Eliz will come in 3rd and I'm not going to say anything about South yet because they are defending MLC champs looks to be a good season.

The MLC will come down to the final three week roundrobin.

THS - Betsy

SS - Betsy

SS - THS

I do give THS a slight edge at this point but understand they did not look particularly good in the jamboree. We will see what THS has with the game at D-B this Thursday.

I’d be curious to know what team you support because I truly can’t tell from any of your previous posts. This thread is about the MLC conference if you didn’t notice, so that’s why DB didn’t factor into my last post. And I take it that you obviously didn’t see the THS vs. South game last year, because even a diehard South fan wouldn’t have had the nerve to make that ridiculous last statement “ from the looks of last season and this season so far, I would not put Bristol in the same sentence as South just yet.”. Don’t forget, we seem to struggle against Unicoi last year in the jamboree and then proceeded to put 31 points on them during the regular season game. And just a question for the record (and with you’re vast MLC knowledge surely you have a competent answer)…with the exception of THS, Elizabethton, and recently South, when has any other current MLC team won or even challenged for a Conference Championship since the beginning of what is known as the MLC? I rest my case!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I’d be curious to know what team you support because I truly can’t tell from any of your previous posts. This thread is about the MLC conference if you didn’t notice, so that’s why DB didn’t factor into my last post. And I take it that you obviously didn’t see the THS vs. South game last year, because even a diehard South fan wouldn’t have had the nerve to make that ridiculous last statement “ from the looks of last season and this season so far, I would not put Bristol in the same sentence as South just yet.”. Don’t forget, we seem to struggle against Unicoi last year in the jamboree and then proceeded to put 31 points on them during the regular season game. And just a question for the record (and with you’re vast MLC knowledge surely you have a competent answer)…with the exception of THS, Elizabethton, and recently South, when has any other current MLC team won or even challenged for a Conference Championship since the beginning of what is known as the MLC? I rest my case!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I hope your UC comparison is correct. We did not look good at all on offense last Thursday. Hopefully it is just Stubbs sandbagging. We will find out in a few days.

As far as South is concerned, the Vikings must break serve. South has outplayed and outcoached THS the last four meetings (don't forget the near disastrous playoff loss in '04 when the Vikes were saved by a foolish muffed punt). I think THS can re-establish MLC dominance but Week 10 is a long way off.

I think THS will have bookend season wins (weeks 0 and 10) and lose a game they shouldn't in between.

IMO, the 3rd and 4th playoff spots are wide open. South and Tennessee High are the obvious top two teams, Unicoi County can be discarded from playoff contention. Remaining are Central, East, North, Elizabethton, and Johnson County, each having their claim to fame. we'll see by mid season who busts in that 5 team race.

My MLC Top 4:

1 - South

2 - Tennessee High

3 - Elizabethon

4 - East

The way I see it:

THS

South

Elizabethton

Johnson County

Central

East

Unicoi

North

I cant argue with your reasoning and I agree that reclassification was necessary when it comes to the MLC. I look forward to next year for sure. I will say that Coach W and the name seems to have somehow gotten Besty a lot of credit quick. I just dont see them being third but that question will probably be answered real quick. I see it as follows:

South

THS

JCHS

EAST

BESTY

The rest I dont see competing for a playoff spot but it is high school football so who knows. Now for the JC opinion. This is our shot. We dont need any injuires but this is our last year to try and make a run at this conference and in my opinion is our best chance to do so. I will not put us ahead of THS or South until we beat them but we have them both in Mountain City on the rocks so that should be of some help. We have a ton of returning players and I was actually thankful we didnt show anything in the jamboree. I do think we should have stuck at least one TD in there since the whole game was played inside the UC 20 but I guess work on what you feel like working on. I am hoping that the off field issues will motivate the players and coaches, the last year in the conference will motivate the players and coaches, and the fact that this group is pretty dang good will lead to a run at this thing. I wish all teams health and good luck.

I don't know if I'd put too much weight on the outcomes in the Mountain Lakes Jamboree. The only team that I saw play like it meant anything to them was South. There was some excitement from the other teams, but it appeared that they were just going through the motions and trying to keep everyone healthy. I'm not even sure why they put on the jamboree to begin with (just ask Sullivan Central)...just to show off the individual talent in the skills competition?

South looked pretty good and they are the defending champions. I would have to give them the nod until somebody finds a way to knock them off their pedistal. Tennessee High has a lot of talent and if they can stay away from any more injuries they will give South a run for their money. The rest of the league looks like a toss-up. Sullivan East, Johnson County, and Elizabethton appear to be poised to vie for playoff bearths, but don't count out Unicoi County, Sullivan North, or Sullivan Central. I think that the parity of the conference will produce some upsets along the way this season.

MLC Picks...

1. South

2. THS

3. Johnson County

4. Sullivan East