KOC Jamboree @Bearden

PowerSweep

I know it was just a jamboree and reportedly a few teams either didn't play their starters much or not at all but here's how I would rank the teams I saw play at Bearden.

1. Farragut - Dominate lines, nice QB and big back.

2. Catholic - Precision execution and hard nosed. QB looked in control, talented backs.

3. CAK - Disciplined. Above average line, very tough back and smooth QB.

4. Bearden - Lost a ton from last year but has a few play makers on offense.

5. Karns - OL/DL looked big and strong. Passing attack has potential.

6. AE - Athletes all over the field. QB play a little uncertain but defense is ready. Nice TB who can fly.

7. West - Seems to be rebuilding. Need QB to come on. Defense looked pretty good. Offense not clicking yet.

8. Webb - OL below average. Backs looked quick but nowhere to run. Defense looked pretty solid. LBs & safeties athletic.

9. Powell - Offense has potential with above average QB and receivers. Defense is weak.

10. South Doyle - Needs a lot of work in most every facet.

I know it was just a jamboree and reportedly a few teams either didn't play their starters much or not at all but here's how I would rank the teams I saw play at Bearden.

1. Farragut - Dominate lines, nice QB and big back.

2. Catholic - Precision execution and hard nosed. QB looked in control, talented backs.

3. CAK - Disciplined. Above average line, very tough back and smooth QB.

4. Bearden - Lost a ton from last year but has a few play makers on offense.

5. Karns - OL/DL looked big and strong. Passing attack has potential.

6. AE - Athletes all over the field. QB play a little uncertain but defense is ready. Nice TB who can fly.

7. West - Seems to be rebuilding. Need QB to come on. Defense looked pretty good. Offense not clicking yet.

8. Webb - OL below average. Backs looked quick but nowhere to run. Defense looked pretty solid. LBs & safeties athletic.

9. Powell - Offense has potential with above average QB and receivers. Defense is weak.

10. South Doyle - Needs a lot of work in most every facet.

Nice job. I couldn't change much but I'll toss out a couple of observations. I think South Doyle is better than they looked as apparently they didn't play much / any of their defensive starter. Powell's defense may be better than it looked, as CAK doesn't run a typical offense. Webb will improve as the season progresses. Not impressed with Karn's offense, I just didn't see the playmakers, but their defense was surpisingly strong. Farragut looked like world beaters but since they didn't go up against starters who knows. Catholic looked strong again.

Yes, I have since learned that SD apparently went without a few difference makers but i still think Farragut is very good.

Powell's D may be better than I thought but I watched the replays last night at wazoosports.com and I was less than impressed with Powell's OL.

Based on what I heard last night, Karns was missing their top receiver so we'll see how that pans out when he returns.

You're right, Webb will improve as the year progresses but they are usually much better early than most due to their quality coaches who always seem to have them prepared. Their OL needs to get better and the young Freshman and Sophmore backs need to come on while their D seems pretty solid.

Catholic, just keeps reloading... they should breeze through their region.