Henry County V.S. Northwest

What was we supposed to do, tell our players who don't get much playin time, if you get passed there (startin) d-line just fall down. We can't run up the score.

Realgame you have been very vocal about what you have been seein and I know this wasn't a game you could really judge but what did you think about the areas we needed to work on.

Those who know me know that I have a big mouth and I usually run it to much. I think the jury is still out on our defense. We stopped a poor team but still not sure how we will do against a good team. We did tackle better. Our passing game was good but two passes don't make for a strong attack. When we are able to throw when we have to throw I feel better. I was happy to see the improvement from the scrimmages to the game. The Dickson game will tell us more than the NW game did but I am excited.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who know me know that I have a big mouth and I usually run it to much. I think the jury is still out on our defense. We stopped a poor team but still not sure how we will do against a good team. We did tackle better. Our passing game was good but two passes don't make for a strong attack. When we are able to throw when we have to throw I feel better. I was happy to see the improvement from the scrimmages to the game. The Dickson game will tell us more than the NW game did but I am excited.

Yea I thought the defense tackled better but there were still some missed ones that shouldn't have been missed. And for the passin game there is no need to pass if we don't have to. But both passes were right on the money. I think our defense will be tested friday and then we will know what needs to be improved.

If the Clarksville coaches really whined about Henry County running up the score then they should all resign! YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING! Anything goes in the first half, at least that is what I always heard from coaches while I was coaching in Mississippi. If a coach really thinks the opposing coach ran up the score you know what he should do? He should keep his mouth shut! The last thing he should do is embarass himself by whining about it! If Henry County wanted to run up the score they would have played their first team in the second half and even with a running clock it would have been 80-0.

I heard the same thing, whining coaches! 5 fumbles, 1 returned for 55 yard td, 3 more inside the NW 35, that is 4 scores on NW, a 92 yard run on the first play after a punt for the Patriots 3rd sscore, (that is 5) It was the second quarter and Gaddis wanted to check out his passing game that has been somewhat suspect, threw it two times and scored two times (that is 7 touchdowns) ina total of 17 offensive plays, not even a good conditioning night for a starting line up. Coach Gaddis should have been whining about having to play a poorly coached team. NW had some good players but I can understand why they played the way they did if their coaches were whining, they will end up making whiners out of their players.

One of my good friends says in these situtions rather than whining about the other team running the score up, DO YOUR JOB AND COACH YOUR TEAM AND THE SCORE MIGHT BE CLOSER

NW coaches, I have seen the score run up on teams, and Friday night with 5 TOs in the first half, and no defense, do not expect opponents players to break the line and just take a knee.

I think what I saw from Coach Gaddis in keeping his first team in the whole 1st half was a travesty!!!! How dare he !! What he should of done was called Coach Markum,Coach Bona,Coach Buford,and Coach Cheek from our junior high programs and told them to suit up their respective teams from the start of the second quarter. If they were too much for NW I'm sure we could have called on the Bears,Dolphins,Steelers or Raiders from our Pop warner teams to come in and do mop up duty!! I hope people can read my air of sarcasm with this piece. If the NW coaches were crying over Friday night then shame on them. Sometime you just run into a grinder and they should realize that. Coach Gaddis had an obligation to his team to at least work through the first half and work on certain things regardless of the score. He did the right thing by starting his other players the start of the second half. Also it is my opinion that it is the losing teams coaches responsibility to wave the white flag. If he wanted us to call the dogs off then take out your first team. From what I saw he kept in his starting QB an running back the entire game. Coach Gaddis and his staff should dismiss any of this and look to next week which I'm sure they'll do. Go Big Red!!!!

NW was so bad that it was tough to showcase anything, they fumbled we scored , it was like a broken record, 47-0

at half and the offense had only run about 20 plays. TOugh to showcase 3 players in 20 plays. The qb gained about 18 yards on that play, he did not get taken down, he ran out of bounds,

prophet, we must be talkin about two totally different plays.....the qb did not score 18 yards on the play that i'm talking about when he had a guy wide open. Everyone in our section was talking about it. And there is more than 3 guys that have talent. Someone else made the comment about this same subject. Yes, they have talent and are absolutely great players, but the hc team has other greats that for some reason hardly ever get mentioned. Like #38, robbie is light a steam roller! I wish this guy had a little height on him, but then again, he doesn't need it. what about Bomar? Another hard hitting strong guy that will put you on the ground. What abouth Shonte and Skylar? Shonte and his unforgetable play of the year last year and Skylar who very seldom gets the ball but Coach Gaddis let it be known that he's got the best hands he has ever coached and everyone else says the same thing! The list is endless! We've got great talent and i can't wait to see it all come together friday night at Dickson!

prophet, we must be talkin about two totally different plays.....the qb did not score 18 yards on the play that i'm talking about when he had a guy wide open. Everyone in our section was talking about it. And there is more than 3 guys that have talent. Someone else made the comment about this same subject. Yes, they have talent and are absolutely great players, but the hc team has other greats that for some reason hardly ever get mentioned. Like #38, robbie is light a steam roller! I wish this guy had a little height on him, but then again, he doesn't need it. what about Bomar? Another hard hitting strong guy that will put you on the ground. What abouth Shonte and Skylar? Shonte and his unforgetable play of the year last year and Skylar who very seldom gets the ball but Coach Gaddis let it be known that he's got the best hands he has ever coached and everyone else says the same thing! The list is endless! We've got great talent and i can't wait to see it all come together friday night at Dickson!

I don't think prophet was trying to slight any player in the team. But it is widely known about Teague and Allen and possibly the transfer being highly recruited. We have a great team and all the ones mentioned above are part of that team and have roles. It was great to see Mac score on the pass, then Chalres Barnes scored, and I think Deonted Nored scored as well from a pass from Teague. 3 guys you didn't even mention. Honestly it will be harder to coach this team and keep them together then in years past because of all the talented guys who all want the ball. Divvying it up amongst them and keeping them happy will be a chore, but one I feell Coach Gaddis will be able to handle. Remember this is a team when we start singling one guy out for not getting the ball enough or another for too much it causes problems. NO one should be counting anything except for wins.

Together

Everyone

Achieves

More

I heard a rumor last night that the NW coach got on Gaddis after the game about running up the score. We had our starters out the entire second half. One of the players said he overheard the coaches talking about it after the game so I am pretty sure this is true. Does the NW coach not realize how bad this score could have been if Gaddis had really wanted to run up the score? The better question is what was the NW first team still doing in the game in the 4th quarter?

Honsestly guys come on, we all know if Coach Gaddis wanted to run the score up it would've been worse then the raleigh egypt game. Although i did hear from a very good source that NW was tampering with HC's water jugs, footballs, etc. before the game and Coach Gaddis didn't like it. I still say he didn't run the score up for that though.

Been out of the country for a few weeks on business but did make it to the ball game! They completely overmatched this team and I did not really get to see what our DEFENSE could do. Maybe this week we'll get a real test and keep the barrel. Won't be able to make it another business trip, but I'll be reading on here to see the scores. Good luck Pats!!

I think what I saw from Coach Gaddis in keeping his first team in the whole 1st half was a travesty!!!! How dare he !! What he should of done was called Coach Markum,Coach Bona,Coach Buford,and Coach Cheek from our junior high programs and told them to suit up their respective teams from the start of the second quarter. If they were too much for NW I'm sure we could have called on the Bears,Dolphins,Steelers or Raiders from our Pop warner teams to come in and do mop up duty!! I hope people can read my air of sarcasm with this piece. If the NW coaches were crying over Friday night then shame on them. Sometime you just run into a grinder and they should realize that. Coach Gaddis had an obligation to his team to at least work through the first half and work on certain things regardless of the score. He did the right thing by starting his other players the start of the second half. Also it is my opinion that it is the losing teams coaches responsibility to wave the white flag. If he wanted us to call the dogs off then take out your first team. From what I saw he kept in his starting QB an running back the entire game. Coach Gaddis and his staff should dismiss any of this and look to next week which I'm sure they'll do. Go Big Red!!!!

Being a former coach myself, I can tell you that the coaches looking ahead to this week's game and not worried about what foolish comments the NW coach made. At the same time, I imagine that the coaches at Henry County are not happy about such a foolish accusation being made. Does anyone out there know how Gaddis responded to such a FOOLISH accusation?

Everybody in your section was talking about what? What are you talking about? Who said only three of our players had talent? Are you on the right thread? You have lost me.

I don't think prophet was trying to slight any player in the team. But it is widely known about Teague and Allen and possibly the transfer being highly recruited. We have a great team and all the ones mentioned above are part of that team and have roles. It was great to see Mac score on the pass, then Chalres Barnes scored, and I think Deonted Nored scored as well from a pass from Teague. 3 guys you didn't even mention. Honestly it will be harder to coach this team and keep them together then in years past because of all the talented guys who all want the ball. Divvying it up amongst them and keeping them happy will be a chore, but one I feell Coach Gaddis will be able to handle. Remember this is a team when we start singling one guy out for not getting the ball enough or another for too much it causes problems. NO one should be counting anything except for wins.

Together

Everyone

Achieves

More

Good post. But I don't think it will be a problem for the ones that were here last year. I think there number 1 goal is a championship at all cost. If you talk to the boys you know how bad they want it and they will do anything to get it.