Henry County at Dickson

patriot04

A 5-5 or 6-4 record with a first round playoff exit is middle of the road. 3-7,2-8,1-9 or 1-8 like JCM last year is horrible. I'm with chaos lets talk about HC-DC!

Your fan the "anti-one" is the guy who started this...Ithe YANKER paid HC a compliment and wished you good luck this week...he then promptly attacked my team...I countered...and you got involved. We did have a horrible year last year...no doubt about it...but we have NEVER put eight (or even four) together like you have...that is the YANKER'S point...like it or not!!! You do not have to agree...but it is right...and you know it!!! As far as "chaos" is concerned...he should have talked about HC-DC if he wanted to...but he did not...he involved himself into something that he was not a part of...just like you!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!! I will talk about HC-DC when I am ready...and that will be soon!!!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*ahem*

so...who all from HC is heading to Dickson for the game?

i would not miss this game. a player from the middle 80's know's this is one of the hardest hitting, toughest game to win. i think if the yanker want's to see a win this year he needs to come to DC friday night. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

so...who all from HC is heading to Dickson for the game?

I hope, and I am sure, we will have a great turnout. I think we should tailgate in their parking lot!! Anyone in???

I wish we could be there but my son is having his knee surgery Thursday so keep him in your prayers. Go Big Red

He will be alright--I have inside information. Plan on bringing him to the game!! It will make him feel better when we kick some DC booty

Patsdoc............You are SMOKIN' HOT!!!! The Advisor has a question..........if I were to pull a hamstring while standing in those long lines at the concession stand or tweak my wrist while adding some sweet relish and onions to a big juicy hot dog while balancing my nachos on my forearm, would you come racing over from the sidelines and help me off the track over to your fancy, fold up trainers table for an ice pack and a re-tape so I could finish watching the Big Red whoop up on the Cougars? [/color]

Advisor--sounds like a pretty serious injury! I think trainer mike would have to handle that one. Coach Norman is in charge of CPR if necessary. My question would be, "will I be fired by Gaddis if you get injured???"

I hope, and I am sure, we will have a great turnout. I think we should tailgate in their parking lot!! Anyone in???

He will be alright--I have inside information. Plan on bringing him to the game!! It will make him feel better when we kick some DC booty

tailgate = yes. nothing sounds better than a little intimidation /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

kegstands anyone? lol.

Guest Advisor

The old addage of it being a tough game between two rivals year in and year out no matter what kind of caliber teams each bring to the table is crap. Yes if there isnt much talent separating the two teams it will be a battle and I concede that each team usually is motivated to perform their best, but If one team is clearly superior to the other team in certain years, then the fact that they are rivals will not contribute to a close game.

Now I say these kind of comments referring to a championship team which Henry County is hopeful to have this year. If they are truly to be champions, they have to be mentally tough enough to withstand the fact they are playing a rival and not let that interfere with their level of play. If Henry County can not convincinly handle Dickson this Friday, then they have a long road ahead of them to being state champions.

Now having that said, I fully expect Henry County to be a contender this year in the state and thus they will hand a good old fashioned butt whipping to Dickson on their home field come this Friday.

Go big Red!!

The Advisor must also disagree with the "one riding the pine"! It puzzles me to no end when "Big Red Faithful" get on the "T" on blab about topics and make statements which can be easily contradicted simply by opening the record books! No matter the sport, no matter the venue, no matter the year, no matter the strength of the 2 teams, when the Patriots and Cougars kickoff, tip off, or lead off, it's an absolute slugfest!

One of the most dreadful football seasons in the 1980s was the season of '88. Can anyone in CoachT'ville tell me who won the AAA State Championship that year? Maybe multiple choice will help.

A. Germantown Red Devils B. Gallatin Green Wave C. Dickson County Cougars

If you picked A or B, you would be as wrong as the Fastcat! It was the DC Cougars!

Now, can anyone tell me the Henry County/Dickson County score that year? use the "phone a friend" option. Yes, 21-14 Cougars! As this forum's historian, I will also remind you that the Patriots finished the regular season 5-5 and squeaked into the playoffs! Our reward, a flash flood drenched show down with Dwayne Dodson's Hendersonville Commandos! Yep, the Big Red took it on the chin strap 31-0, ending the season 5-6.

Long story short, Henry County although talented in areas, was not very good as a whole in 1988 thus; played the AAA State Champs down to the wire on the very field where the Patriots play this Friday! It will be physical, it will be a slugfest, it will require limiting turnovers, and it will be a game where field position is important just like last season!

Guys, just because we've played after Thanksgiving the last 2 seasons does not mean we will win by 35 each and every week! South Pittsburg, McKenzie, David Lipscomb, Maryville, and Smyrna all won squeakers last season yet all held the State Championship trophy. Be ready for a close one but kick back and enjoy if we cruise in the 4th!

[/color]

tailgate = yes. nothing sounds better than a little intimidation /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

kegstands anyone? lol.

When HC is playing a football game, home or away, there is always someone tailgating!

As far as statistics, I'm only interested in the present and the future records. Let's add up the total wins for four years straight after this season and see what the figures are. One game at a time. The records show how much our program has improved and the talent we have. You climb a ladder from the ground up, step by step to the top. You never start at the top and come down. HC is climbing the ladder! Is it FRIDAY yet?!

Go Big Red!!

Guest Advisor

Advisor--sounds like a pretty serious injury! I think trainer mike would have to handle that one. Coach Norman is in charge of CPR if necessary. My question would be, "will I be fired by Gaddis if you get injured???"

[/quote

With it being DC Week and to avoid any serious injury during a rivalry game, I will exit the stands when the band goes to warm up! As the drummers form their semi-circle to loosen their drumsticks and the percussion humms the Battle Hymn of the Republic, I will lie on the ground below and stretch my quads and hamstrings throughly. I will also make sure my ankles are taped tightly and my rib pads are snug prior to my dashing to the concession stand for a halftime snack consisting of a Mello Yellow in a can featuring my Summer Olympic heroes, a package of peanut M&M's, and one of those giant, juicy dill pickles! On second thought, I might ought to get 2 Mello Yellows!! Tell Coach Norman to shave just in case! Who is in charge of the Heimlich Manuever?

The Advisor must also disagree with the "one riding the pine"! It puzzles me to no end when "Big Red Faithful" get on the "T" on blab about topics and make statements which can be easily contradicted simply by opening the record books! No matter the sport, no matter the venue, no matter the year, no matter the strength of the 2 teams, when the Patriots and Cougars kickoff, tip off, or lead off, it's an absolute slugfest!

One of the most dreadful football seasons in the 1980s was the season of '88. Can anyone in CoachT'ville tell me who won the AAA State Championship that year? Maybe multiple choice will help.

A. Germantown Red Devils B. Gallatin Green Wave C. Dickson County Cougars

If you picked A or B, you would be as wrong as the Fastcat! It was the DC Cougars!

Now, can anyone tell me the Henry County/Dickson County score that year? use the "phone a friend" option. Yes, 21-14 Cougars! As this forum's historian, I will also remind you that the Patriots finished the regular season 5-5 and squeaked into the playoffs! Our reward, a flash flood drenched show down with Dwayne Dodson's Hendersonville Commandos! Yep, the Big Red took it on the chin strap 31-0, ending the season 5-6.

Long story short, Henry County although talented in areas, was not very good as a whole in 1988 thus; played the AAA State Champs down to the wire on the very field where the Patriots play this Friday! It will be physical, it will be a slugfest, it will require limiting turnovers, and it will be a game where field position is important just like last season!

Guys, just because we've played after Thanksgiving the last 2 seasons does not mean we will win by 35 each and every week! South Pittsburg, McKenzie, David Lipscomb, Maryville, and Smyrna all won squeakers last season yet all held the State Championship trophy. Be ready for a close one but kick back and enjoy if we cruise in the 4th!

[/color]

I can't say that I have found myself in agreement with you a lot, but in this case, I agree totally. Your example was perfect and I could not agree with you more.

Dickson County plays in the toughest region in 5A-- always a contender for region title--but still gets no respect from the Williamson Co. teams. I am glad to hear that most HC fans still know that no matter what the talent level at either HC or DC is, these two teams always line up and play a good, hard-nosed football game and show most area sports fans that you can have a good rivalry with another team and still show excellent sportsmanship, just like both teams have shown over the years! All I can say is, this is not Clarksville NW you are playing this week--so be careful on your way across the river and bring a BIG crowd--we have plenty of seats on our visitors side. Hope we have 0 injuries and good weather!! GO COUGARS!!