Macon Vs Westmoreland

SONGWRITER

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fridays forecast is partly cloudy with a high of 92. Looks like good weather to come out and support your team! I am sure even with a bad game last week that Macon will likely still bring a crowd with such a short drive to the field.

Please bring a crowd. Hopefully it won't rain. MC will be up for this game. The Eagles will have their hands full and we know it.

Please bring a crowd. Hopefully it won't rain. MC will be up for this game. The Eagles will have their hands full and we know it.

I agree Singray. I dont care how good or bad Macon is. They will play us tough because of the rivalry that has been getting more heated the past 10 years. Just hope we can play our kind of football and eliminate turnovers and play good run defense.

I agree Singray. I dont care how good or bad Macon is. They will play us tough because of the rivalry that has been getting more heated the past 10 years. Just hope we can play our kind of football and eliminate turnovers and play good run defense.

Yea I agree. Our run defense needs a lot of work, but I am proud of our pass defense. If I were MC I would try to run all night. I just hope they don't recruit Tony from SC. He's scarry.

I agree. I don't think this will be an easy game for us. Macon will forget all about last week and bring everything they have friday night. Turnovers will be a key for us. We have to not give it up and defense needs to come up with some too.

I disagree our coaching staff had a try out this spring and THEY CUT KIDS !!! SOME TRYED OUT AND DIDNT MAKE IT ---COULD YOU EXPLAIN THAT ONE TOO !!! I FIGURED EVERYONE WOULD MAKE IT AND THE TOUGH WOULD SURVIVE !!! BUT NOT IN MACON !!! BET THATS ONE EVERYBODY DIDNT KNOW!!!And these kids didnt even put on pads just ran and done some drills . It would be kinda hard to tell without pads on looks like to me .

I highly doubt they had try outs were they cut some kids. I think you have try outs mixed up with spring practice.

Sounds to me that they dont like something or somebody. Because about 35 of those kids not playing, played jr. high ball and were good. About haif quit or got run off. The other haif has got more sense.

So they don't like something about the high school team so they quit? Sounds like the easy way out to me. Maybe they just didn't want to put in the time and work to be on the team.

So they don't like something about the high school team so they quit? Sounds like the easy way out to me. Maybe they just didn't want to put in the time and work to be on the team.

More than likely your exactly right Steno. I just cant see any public school within a 20mile radius of Westmoreland having a try out for football. You always want at least 100 if you can get them. Now as far as keeping that 100, I'm one of the ones who thinks you cant lower your standards in order to keep big numbers but some would argue you need to. Maybe most of the Macon parents and players feel you should lower your standards(not run as much, not practice as much) in order to keep people on the team. I think that is the perfect recipe for not being very good. You can get away with that in places were you have very athletic type kids such as for example (Pearl Cohn) but up here in the country you better work your butt off cause you gonna need it. As for the talk about the Pee Wee vs Traveling league. Many parents cant afford to travel all over the place with a young kid. They can afford to play close to home. I think that is a good idea in some cases. I do however agree with the argument of better competition in traveling league but pee wee should be about learning basic fundamentals for the most part in my opinion. I will say this, Macon had a very good first place Peewee team last season. We played them and they wooped us fairly good. I heard there QB is starting tailback this season for Macon Junior High. I'm fixing to go find out here in a few minutes. GO JUNIOR HIGH EAGLES!!!!

GEO you are weak saying we would win then when we loose you come out with that .Come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I can dream can't I! Unless they get some athletes like a hartsville, white house, pearlcohn, etc. They WILL NEVER BE COMPETITIVE year in and year out like those guys. I feel for macon. I know those boys work as hard as any, but a 5' 9" 170 pound group cannot catch them college recruits from hartsville. Westmorland is a little more our speed. And I do predict a VERY CLOSE GAME this week and I'm not blowing smoke this time. I wish the macon tigers the best.

Hey I can dream can't I! Unless they get some athletes like a hartsville, white house, pearlcohn, etc. They WILL NEVER BE COMPETITIVE year in and year out like those guys. I feel for macon. I know those boys work as hard as any, but a 5' 9" 170 pound group cannot catch them college recruits from hartsville. Westmorland is a little more our speed. And I do predict a VERY CLOSE GAME this week and I'm not blowing smoke this time. I wish the macon tigers the best.

It may be close, the last time our Seniors met your Seniors was in Westmoreland on a cold night in October 2004. Outcome -WMS 20 MCMS 0. Macon County Middle picked up one first down that was the result of a penalty. MCMS QB by the name of Grace suffered a broken nose and only played in the first half. WMS finished undefeated. We have been waiting a while on this team with these Seniors. GO WHS!!!!!!