Jefferson Co vs Morristown West

JC4life

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson would never let them run the score up that high on Lamar. On Sparky maybe. DB absolutely. But not this game.

Screw that we're playing West, score early, score often and don't stop till the last second comes off the clock no matter who is coaching on the other side. West certainly didn't hold back on us during the Euverard days.

All this may be a moot point, I`m not quite ready to get on the blowout bandwagon just yet.

Screw that we're playing West, score early, score often and don't stop till the last second comes off the clock no matter who is coaching on the other side. West certainly didn't hold back on us during the Euverard days.

All this may be a moot point, I`m not quite ready to get on the blowout bandwagon just yet.

As a Morristown East fan, I fell for Morristown West. We had some of the same injury last year.

I was at the game Friday night, Mo-West Defense played good. When your offense does nothing,

and you Defense is on the field all night, not bad. Knox Cath. is a very good team. Hold them to

21 offensive points is not bad.(they score 1st TD on defense)

Morristown West Offense, this has too be the worst West offense I have every seen. Every running play

was some type of draw. No offensive line will hold up to these type of playing calling. When west knew

their starting QB wasn't going to play, why not put athlete at QB to run the opition? If you can not throw

the football, this type of offense will never work. West has very good players on offense, If they can

get anything going on offense, they will be in the game.

I do not think West defense will give-up 40 points like Greeneville did last week. Good Luck too both teams.

Here are some of my pictures from Friday night's game, for everyone to enjoy...Some are better than others, but o well. There is a place to click up toward the top right hand corner on the page to view as a slideshow.

A shameless plug --- Prints from all the high school games throughout the year can be ordered at the Standard Banner (865) 475-2081 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13275412@N04/...57606930026264/

See everyone Friday, better get there early. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

WOW DZ thats nice!!!! You can plug those all day long. Can't wait to see next weeks pics. I'm sure the players, coaches, and fans will help ya out. This is long over due.

Thanks one who knows.....

JC4Life...email me at sports@standardbanner.com if you get a chance today

Here are some of my pictures from Friday night's game, for everyone to enjoy...Some are better than others, but o well. There is a place to click up toward the top right hand corner on the page to view as a slideshow.

A shameless plug --- Prints from all the high school games throughout the year can be ordered at the Standard Banner (865) 475-2081 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13275412@N04/...57606930026264/

See everyone Friday, better get there early. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Awesome pics DZ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Win by one point or win by 40 doesn't matter to me.

JUST WIN !!!!

Some pretty good fan analysis going on and I'm buying into most of it whether big score or tight score. So I will put in my 2 cents in as a Devil who has seen the Pats and is Pat friendly.

West will not go up 2 TDs on you like the Devils. But they will play tougher D. However the kicking game and offensive movement and tenacity of Jeff. will put the Trojans in some deep offensive holes. Conclusion: The result could be a lot of Jeff County points but in a totally different game.

Gut is a quick learn as demonstrated at Greeneville, The Pats will do a lot more predetermine gives out of the veer this week early on. Then the outside veer and and 3 step throwing game will open up.

Good luck Pats.

I am amazed this is still such a heated rivalry. It started in 1973 (or somewhere there about), head coach fired, went from Jeff City HS to West and it was on after that.

Murphy Fair, the Guru, called Jeff CO. a top 5 team preseason. Hope it holds all the way through.

Man I miss E. TN. this time of year. HS football in Nashville just ain't the sameas it is up there.

GO PATRIOTS!

Any word on Mo West's QB situation????????????

The starter is still day to day. There is hope he will be ready to play, but he is not going to practice much this week. The QB who was hurt is definitely out for football and maybe baseball as well. In fact, the injury was so severe that he may not be able to play sports again. The team is trying to not let that situation hurt their preparation for Jeff, but not knowing about the starter is having some affect. I believe the defense will be able to play with Jeff, but I am not sure if the offense will be able to do enough to keep them off the field. If the offense is ineffective it could be a very long night for the Trojan faithful. Hopefully, we will be able to play to our strengths and minimize our weaknesses to make it a game at Jeff, and perhaps eek out a win, but after what Jeff did to Greeneville, I am not certain we will be able to contain such a potent offense.

On a side note, it is nice to see that Jeff is starting to have some success. I remember the powerhouse Jeff used to be and would like to see them at the top of 5A once again.

The starter is still day to day. There is hope he will be ready to play, but he is not going to practice much this week. The QB who was hurt is definitely out for football and maybe baseball as well. In fact, the injury was so severe that he may not be able to play sports again. The team is trying to not let that situation hurt their preparation for Jeff, but not knowing about the starter is having some affect. I believe the defense will be able to play with Jeff, but I am not sure if the offense will be able to do enough to keep them off the field. If the offense is ineffective it could be a very long night for the Trojan faithful. Hopefully, we will be able to play to our strengths and minimize our weaknesses to make it a game at Jeff, and perhaps eek out a win, but after what Jeff did to Greeneville, I am not certain we will be able to contain such a potent offense.

On a side note, it is nice to see that Jeff is starting to have some success. I remember the powerhouse Jeff used to be and would like to see them at the top of 5A once again.

One thing is for sure, we cannot take West lightly. We did that last year with Campbell county and we paid for it.

They, the players, have to be focused as they were last week against Greeneville and take nothing for granted.

Play every play as if it is the last and everything else will take care of itself.

Lets put West in the same position JCHS was in from 1998-2002.

Keep the short, so far, winning streak going.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

I guess the obvious question is if the #1 guy can't go, what can we expect from the 3rd string guy? Will West just try to protect him and run the ball as much as possible? Or is he a threat to throw the ball, obviously he was 3rd string for a reason, but that doesn't mean he's no good.