Bill Haney passes away

ReitzFan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great loss for Milan,Trenton, Gibson County, and all of Tennessee high school sports.

A true ledgend in broadcasting, member of four hall of fames, head of a great family, and all around good guy.

Prayers to the Haney family

Bill will be missed. No one will be able to fill his shoes, just walk in his footsteps. Bill was a graduate of Newbern High School. Dyer Co. will miss him.

Prayers go out to the Haney Family. Bill was one of a kind.

He was calling in updates on 96.5 Friday night from the Trenton/Lake Co. game. A legend in high school sports.

I'm going to miss interacting with Bill on the show on Fridays. He was in fine form this past Friday night, and did an excellent job as always. The Trenton/Lake Co. game ran long, and he was our last caller of the night before we signed off at 11.

He was everything that you could ask for when it came to game updates - knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and most importantly, entertaining.

This Friday won't be the same without him calling in updates for the Milan/Hunt. game.

I've known the Haney family since I was playing T-ball with his grandson. Even with a busy schedule, he followed our baseball days growing up at every turn. God bless Mrs. Peggy and the family during these days.

My time in radio was directly influenced by the local voices of Bill Haney and "Diamond" Dave McCulley - I'm sure many have similar stories of how Bill was an influence on their lives.