Franklin vs McCallie

singlewing

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be tough for Franklin to have a another performance on offense like they did against Hillsboro. Their defense will need to tighten up and reduce the number of big plays to win against McCallie.

As long as "Skoggin" is running the ball and the line does there job it will be a quick step to the state championship.

Franklin looked good against Hillsboro saturday. McCallie looked good against the team in North Carolina. I think M cCallie by 7. What do the rest of you think!

Franklin in a rematch from last year. The Defense looked good until they had the big lead. I think much of the let-down in the second half was bc they were plain tired; the offense was on the field for quick spurts and seemed like the d was out there everytime you blinked.

Graham Nichols has confidence and looks like a natural out there. His play-action is amazing. There are college guys who wish they could run play-action like he did Friday night. The receivers held onto some very well thrown balls...if you were at the passing camp at Vandy, they had some trouble.

Grades from Friday night:

Passing A+

Receiving A+

Rushing A (Alex Ford was amazing)

Offense A+

Defense A- (little let-down in the 2nd half, good effort on the 4th down bad call which ends up with an eventual HCHS TD)

Special Teams C- (missed extra point, out-of-bounds punt, tipped punt, no end zone kicks) It'll improve

i was at the franklin burro game, and the burros took it to them early. Then had to punt the ball away after driving awhile and hillsbo. got tired because they had alot of people starting both ways which franklin hardly has one. But then some boosts came from the defense stopping franklin a couple times and a 4th and long lob pass to the endzone where the wr for hill. caught a great catch. idk bout this one but i say mcalli takes this one by about 14. Franklin gets winded in second half.

i was at the franklin burro game, and the burros took it to them early. Then had to punt the ball away after driving awhile and hillsbo. got tired because they had alot of people starting both ways which franklin hardly has one. But then some boosts came from the defense stopping franklin a couple times and a 4th and long lob pass to the endzone where the wr for hill. caught a great catch. idk bout this one but i say mcalli takes this one by about 14. Franklin gets winded in second half.

did you just say the burros took it to the rebs early... i believe franklin scored a touchdown on their first 4 possessions.. 27-4 at halftime.. dont really think thats taking it to them.. i hear mccallie will run the option and that their qb is pretty dang good.. but if the rebs play like they did they will take this one.. 35-20