Cumberland Gap at South Greene

CGALUM07

The big question in this one will be can Shipley have another stellar performance in his 2nd game as a starter...and can he get it done in Greene Co. where everybody knows you have to be at least 3-4 touchdowns better than your opponent to win. Can anything ever be done about the officials there??? Anyway...I say that CG throws a few new wrinkles in and gives SG all they can handle at their place. I think they protect and Ryan and the receivers have a great game.

CG- 31

SG-14

Go Panthers!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This should be a good marker of CG. I'm sure the Virginia team they played was great competition, but maybe this would be a better test. Is Shipley the tall skinny kid?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a good marker of CG. I'm sure the Virginia team they played was great competition, but maybe this would be a better test. Is Shipley the tall skinny kid?

No, I really don't think so. BTW, the Virginia team, Thomas Walker, lost this week to a team that has won just over half of their games the last three years. Should be a good game, very close. SG 14-7.

No, the tall skinny kid is Adam Nelson, the previous qb that started the last two yrs for CG. Shipley is about 5'10 235 and has a gun with some wheels to boot. The previous team they played which was Thomas Walker is just a horrible opponent, but CG didnt play to their opponents level so i think that makes them a good team, but going into Greene Co will be a whole different monster to tame. Every time you go to Greene Co you have to deal with a tough team, but then you gotta deal with the fans right behind you cussing you out, then the refereeing that always smells like home cookin to me, and obviously some other ppl. Its just not e relatively nice place to be on friday nights, but i think CG will handle the adversity very well and go into this game with their heads high and ready to win. CG has had a bye week before this game so they have also had two weeks to prepare for SG so that gives them an edge as well, and if im not mistaken SG has had to play two tough games the past two wks so im wondering if they will be all healed up and at 100% when CG rolls in? So im hopin its a good one, ill be on the sidelines with the coaches watchin every second of what i hope is a great, clean, FAIRLY CALLED ballgame!!

No, the tall skinny kid is Adam Nelson, the previous qb that started the last two yrs for CG. Shipley is about 5'10 235 and has a gun with some wheels to boot. The previous team they played which was Thomas Walker is just a horrible opponent, but CG didnt play to their opponents level so i think that makes them a good team, but going into Greene Co will be a whole different monster to tame. Every time you go to Greene Co you have to deal with a tough team, but then you gotta deal with the fans right behind you cussing you out, then the refereeing that always smells like home cookin to me, and obviously some other ppl. Its just not e relatively nice place to be on friday nights, but i think CG will handle the adversity very well and go into this game with their heads high and ready to win. CG has had a bye week before this game so they have also had two weeks to prepare for SG so that gives them an edge as well, and if im not mistaken SG has had to play two tough games the past two wks so im wondering if they will be all healed up and at 100% when CG rolls in? So im hopin its a good one, ill be on the sidelines with the coaches watchin every second of what i hope is a great, clean, FAIRLY CALLED ballgame!!

If you had seen the calling @ the last 2 games you wouldn't worry about that. It's been pretty tough against SG, especially the Boone game and the home game against Unicoi wasn't much better. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about the refs.

If you had seen the calling @ the last 2 games you wouldn't worry about that. It's been pretty tough against SG, especially the Boone game and the home game against Unicoi wasn't much better. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about the refs.

If the calling has been tough against you guys then maybe the refs ar making up for all those years the calling wasnt! And im not worried one bit, because good refs or bad refs i think CG can come in and win this one, i was just commenting on how bad the reffing usually is, and preparing everyone for it!

Your predictions were all wrong, including the officials who repeatedly called SG for blows to the head, I guess they weren't used to people hitting as hard as SG did tonite. SG's defense wore out Shipley and eliminated the running game. Our offense went off for 5 tds and our defense had 1. Big win for SG 42-20.

An added note to last nights post. CG coaching staff should re-think their decision to play Shipley both ways, at QB and LB. Midway through the second quarter he was already showing signs of fatigue. His offensive ability really suffered in the 2nd half. And in general the CG physical preparedness looked weak. There were at least 9 injury timeouts for CG in the second half for cramps, our players were even helping them stretch at times.

I think your coaching staff did not do a good job of preparing the team physically or mentally, I think they underestimated their opponent and overestimated themselves. Good luck with the rest of the season, I'm sure you guys will bounce back and play well.

SGDAD