Congratulations RAVENWOOD! Brentwood Academy 21 Ravenwood 22

WarriorFan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams lost close games on Friday. It will be interesting to see how each responds. The game should tell a lot about what each of these teams are made of . . .

I don't know.... If Joshua Pleasant didn't have those two returns for TDs, would BA have even been in the game? McCallie was clearly winning their game, but lost it in the end. At least the game being at Brentwood Academy will give BA an advantage. I'll agree that this game should tell a lot about what these teams are made of....

• 5 years later...

It is 2013. I'm gonna post in this topic so we can get this discussion restarted. What do you remember from one of the greatest upsets in state history? What a game this was more than five long years ago. Enjoy :)

Brentwood Academy went 8-5 that year, so I would not characterize it as "one of the greatest upsets in state history".....

Brentwood Academy went 8-5 that year, so I would not characterize it as "one of the greatest upsets in state history".....

BA still went to the d2 finals that year and RHS was knocked out in round one and fished 4th in a strong region but still 4th. The eagles were nationally ranked and Ravenwood was coming off a losing season and had lost one week earlier to good pasture, a strong 2a team but still a 2a team. The raptors had played GHS on a Thursday so I wonder if that extra day to prepare meant something.

Here is the big storyline ...someone can correct me if I am wrong but it's the only win by a williamson county team ever over BA ..

BA still went to the d2 finals that year and RHS was knocked out in round one and fished 4th in a strong region but still 4th. The eagles were nationally ranked and Ravenwood was coming off a losing season and had lost one week earlier to good pasture, a strong 2a team but still a 2a team. The raptors had played GHS on a Thursday so I wonder if that extra day to prepare meant something.

It was a big win, but I'd say Ravenwood's two-seed this year merits far more attention than a one-point win five years ago. Congrats to the Raptors for a great season and best of luck in the playoffs. You have some Brentwood brethren supporting you.

Edited by WesVLT

BA was "nationally ranked" that year?   WHEN?  Preseason?  They lost their 2nd game to Ravenwood and ended up losing 5 games.....

they were ether nationally ranked or were considered a national/southeast USA powerhouse. Pretty sure they were ranked but I'm not 100 percent

BA was ranked tenth in one poll, but it was the notoriously unreliable second poll of the season and largely based on BA's 11-2 2007 campaign. The Eagles were down in 2008 -- only in 1971 did they lose more games. Also, keep in mind that Ravenwood had taken BA to the wire in 2005 and 2006. The two programs were pretty comparable at that point. Revisionist history might view the Raptors' win as a monumental upset, but at the time it was simply an impressive feat that no county team had accomplished. 

Edited by WesVLT