Franklin Rope A Dopes McCallie in 3rd Quarter

BigDogDaddy

Given that Coach Clayton is from KY, the only thing I can imagine is that he went into the locker room at halftime down 14-10 and said look fellas here's what were gonna do. We're gonna Rope- A-Dope em in the third quarter. Defense I want you to give up chunks of real estate but make em work hard for it, and offensive line I want you to just getcha a breather in the third quarter. Well McCallie came out in the third qusrter and just rammed it down Franklin's throat twice. Franklin in turn on offense let McCallie's defense stunt and swarm them and could not get anything to happen. Score late in the third quarter ... McCallie 28 Franklin 10. But then something happened, it was almost as if the kids looked at coach and said "Now?" and Coach Clayton nodded. Well Alex Ford and Keylo Lee and the O line and Grahm Nichols went crazy and McCallie trying to protect their lead did nothing but try the middle of Franklkin's D-line. The trick had worked!! McCallie appeared to be exhausted come the 4th Quarter and Franklin just kept turning it up a notch. Just to be sporting Franklin decided to kick off deep to McCallie's speedster who took it 95 yards for what to most teams would be a back breaker, but to Franklin it was just a reason to push in the clutch and slap it into a higher gear. The final drive engineered by Franklin, after Eric Brown's beautiful spin move on the kick off to give them great field position on their own 40 with 2:00 left, was nothing short of championship form. Grahm Nichols showed incredible poise, true leadership by marching his team to the final winning score.

This game ranks right up there with the Antioch win on the halfback throw back pass at the last minute to win, and the Joe Bell miricle hail mary catch to beat Brentwood. Congratulations to a group of young men who never quit and never doubted their ability to come from behind against a very good team!

Most all Div. I/II/III schools illegally recruit players by way of scholarships, etc. They may have a small enrollment but they will have some of the best athletes in the area. I know. I was recruited and it was blatant. Saw alot of illegal things such as providing kids with bogus paying jobs, money, cars etc. So when a Div I/II/III school beats or loses to a public high school, it's not a big deal. Brentwood Academy has, and has had as much talent as most 5A schools in the state.