Ensworth-CPA

Manzikert

Wish I knew if he was or not. I would be willing to to come see him play again. He is a monster and would have totally dominated in Class 1a ball. He may do that @ Ensworth in the future but at least he would be plaing this year. He played in spring practice at his old school, would that make him ineligible this year? Not sure if he has a benz or not but I do know that the person he lives with now did not have a thing last year. Oh well no need to be a dead horse to death though.

We feel your pain, holder. The starting safety/WR/kicker for Ensworth was a CPA student before high school. Last Friday, he caught a TD, returned a punt for a TD, kicked off, and made 6 extra points.

But they are Div II, and that is the nature of it. They want to build a football powerhouse through scholorships and give good players an opportunity for a great environment and great academics. Can't say that is all bad.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that high school kids dont read what you and others post on here? God forbid a kid is takin the right steps to further his life by utalizing his God given talents, but you insist on saying something that implicates the morality of a sixteen year old kid. Hope it was worth it.

you didnt read what i said i am all for giving any kid a better chance at education fact glad he is going to get one of the best educations in the state -- all i said was that all of the supporters of div2 always say that they are giving some kid a chance at a great school - i say why dont you offer some kid a scholarship that playes the flute or sings baratone?

The morality of a 16 year old - you must be the one that insists kids when they play sports dont keep score - - -

We feel your pain, holder. The starting safety/WR/kicker for Ensworth was a CPA student before high school. Last Friday, he caught a TD, returned a punt for a TD, kicked off, and made 6 extra points.

But they are Div II, and that is the nature of it. They want to build a football powerhouse through scholorships and give good players an opportunity for a great environment and great academics. Can't say that is all bad.

That's a total bummer there too. As long as the kids are getting the benefits from it I am all for them.

Believe it or not - some people make sacrifices to HOPEFULLY provide themselves a better future. And, this is what you need to know about sacrifice. Self-sacrifice is the real miracle from which all reported miracles grow. In order to succeed greatly, you must sacrifice greatly. And nobody said it is easy. That's not mine, but someone that is wiser than me. The point is this - quit talking about things you know nothing about. It isn't easy making sacrifices - many of which you know nothing about. These are kids. These are kids trying to build a better future - and I promise you that if a private school is interested enough in them - AND THEY CAN QUALIFY for the aid if they are not able to provide the cost of tuition themselves - then they should absolutely take advantage of it if they are in a current situation which inhibits their God-given potential. Ya'll talk to much about kids. This isn't a college or NFL board - but it is a high school board. Good grief. These are kids struggling to balance many things in a perplexing world - and all many of ya'll do is try to further complicate the perplexity of it. There are two different divisions - and they have a different set of rules for a reason. Nobody ever said CPA was expected to hang with Ensworth - nor should they expect to hang with Ensworth. If CPA can hang with Ensworth - then Ensworth isn't doing their job as a Division II school. CPA is a great Division I 2A school. They should hang their heads high and proceed to play to the utmost of their abilities and thereby hopefully achieve a successful season. Ensworth should do the same. If all these schools were thrown in the same pot - I could appreciate your arguing, whining, moaning, and crying - but they are not. And they are not for a reason. This really is about opportunity - opportunity for the kids. If you can't see that - then you have your own insecurities you need to deal with. Personally, I'm a public school guy - and I believe in public school (outside of Metro). It ultimately comes down to your roots - and hopefully you've been brought up in a way that you can learn to succeed regardless of the environment you've been placed. Division II schools just allow an alternate (and hopefully more promising) opportunity for kids to succeed. You can't fault them for that. But you must also understand the personal sacrifice and stress those families endure by sending their kids to DII schools. Oh well, ya'll we'll keep moaning about this for another century, so I'm done. Just keep the kids out of it. They are just trying to be kids and do right - most of the time.

For some reason you want to bring the kids morality into the conversation when it's not the kids that do the recruiting. It's the adults. In this case the kid was willing to make sacrifices but it is the adults in the situation that have mislead the kid so that they could benefit from his talents. Adults on both sides of the situation are reaping the rewards and the kid is the only one that is sacrificing. That is what is wrong with this situation If everything was up front and in the open so that he would be able to weigh all the options then it would be ok but that was not the case. The kid was taken advantage of and now he is on the side lines watching instead of getting experience as he should be. And please tell me why a private school gives a kid more opportunity? If a kid does well in public school he has the same change of getting into college as he does from private school, that is grade wise or sport wise. UT had a kicker a few years back from Texas that came from a small school. He said the largest crowd he had played in front of before UT was about 3 or 400.

Talk about someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

For some reason you want to bring the kids morality into the conversation when it's not the kids that do the recruiting. It's the adults. In this case the kid was willing to make sacrifices but it is the adults in the situation that have mislead the kid so that they could benefit from his talents. Adults on both sides of the situation are reaping the rewards and the kid is the only one that is sacrificing. That is what is wrong with this situation If everything was up front and in the open so that he would be able to weigh all the options then it would be ok but that was not the case. The kid was taken advantage of and now he is on the side lines watching instead of getting experience as he should be. And please tell me why a private school gives a kid more opportunity? If a kid does well in public school he has the same change of getting into college as he does from private school, that is grade wise or sport wise. UT had a kicker a few years back from Texas that came from a small school. He said the largest crowd he had played in front of before UT was about 3 or 400.

No one from Ensworth is going to respond mTptigers. They don't want you to know that he is ineligible and can't play varsity this year. Or maybe that is what you were talking about when you said that the kid was the only one sacrificing. I bet they didn't tell him when they were recruiting him that he wouldn't be eligible to play this year. I wish he would see the light and return to MP.

bump bump bump and one more for good luck very well said... personally we all know deep down inside that they do recruit in some sort of fashion- course the tell differently. They ( some posters of Ensworth ) make it out that they are playing Mother Theresa and giving this kid a better education when we all know that if this kid was the captain of the woodworking team they wouldnt even bother.. IF Ensworth wants to make a case go to some of the schools that are not up to standard and invite a group of them to your school or open house - give them all a chance not just some 300 lbs kid, a QB and tailback...

bump bump bump and one more for good luck very well said... personally we all know deep down inside that they do recruit in some sort of fashion- course the tell differently. They ( some posters of Ensworth ) make it out that they are playing Mother Theresa and giving this kid a better education when we all know that if this kid was the captain of the woodworking team they wouldnt even bother.. IF Ensworth wants to make a case go to some of the schools that are not up to standard and invite a group of them to your school or open house - give them all a chance not just some 300 lbs kid, a QB and tailback...

Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe, just maybe, these "recruits" as you call them are good students as well? I know for a fact that all of the players to whom y'all have alluded work hard in the classroom, and would no longer have the opportunity to be at Ensworth if they didn't. Ensworth has a number of students on financial aid who don't play any sports, and yet they still have the opportunity to get a great education. Not all financial aid at Ensworth goes to athletes. Now, I'm not saying that athleticism has nothing to do with the allocation of financial resources, because that would be naive. I am however saying that there is more than meets the eye with the STUDENT athletes in question.

Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe, just maybe, these "recruits" as you call them are good students as well? I know for a fact that all of the players to whom y'all have alluded work hard in the classroom, and would no longer have the opportunity to be at Ensworth if they didn't. Ensworth has a number of students on financial aid who don't play any sports, and yet they still have the opportunity to get a great education. Not all financial aid at Ensworth goes to athletes. Now, I'm not saying that athleticism has nothing to do with the allocation of financial resources, because that would be naive. I am however saying that there is more than meets the eye with the STUDENT athletes in question.

i have no doubt in my mind that all in your school are great students and i am glad those kids have that chance to attend a school that costs $ 18650 a year - with a cost like that i am sure most of the students are on some sort of fi. aid.....

my point is that you all go after the tailback, the versitale QB and the 300 plus lineman- why discriminate and look at kids that are on the chess club at school -

What it boils down to is that we fear this particular kid is being taken advantage of on many fronts. I don't think that anyone denies that he--and all students there--will get a great education. I'll say it once again--if privates and preps are truly fair in the disbursment of their aid and are really interested in helping those less fortunate --where was the scholarship and help for his brother? Both are bright --good kids. How do you claim to be helping the KIDS and not your SCHOOL and leave one of them out? No I'm not advocating wooing him away too--just call it what it is!!!

No one from Ensworth is going to respond mTptigers. They don't want you to know that he is ineligible and can't play varsity this year. Or maybe that is what you were talking about when you said that the kid was the only one sacrificing. I bet they didn't tell him when they were recruiting him that he wouldn't be eligible to play this year. I wish he would see the light and return to MP.

TigerT, is he ineligible to play this year? If so what a waste.

Know any other reason he wouldn't be dressing? Ensworth posters sure haven't denied it. Tigerfan ssshhhhhh, don't tell them anything about his brother!!!

It is funny that he needs a good school and financial aid but his brother doesn't. Oh, his brother is 5'11" and 190 though. Isn't that something. I agree with TigerT though ssshhhhhh.