2-0 Cosby @ 1-1 Cloudland

old24eagle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to God we don't get pushed around like we did Thursday night. I know those guys can play better than that. Its not as hard to lose if your standing your ground, but a flat out butt kicking is hard to take when you are from a tradition of teams who never got pushed around. Hopefully, our boys can come out motivated and mistake free and it just might be a good ballgame. Cloudland by 2.

I hope to God we don't get pushed around like we did Thursday night. I know those guys can play better than that. Its not as hard to lose if your standing your ground, but a flat out butt kicking is hard to take when you are from a tradition of teams who never got pushed around. Hopefully, our boys can come out motivated and mistake free and it just might be a good ballgame. Cloudland by 2.

Hey azzy king , lookin forward to seein that new turf up there on roan mnt. WG is a good team don't let anyone tell ya different. There big n strong and play very hard! not to mention coached very well. We pulled out a squeeker last night against PF and our kids are flyin high. If we play our best you may have a long night , but you guys definately have the speed and talent to keep our attention on high. I'm dreading that drive but excited to be a part of one of the best small town football atmospheres in the state.

Hey azzy king , lookin forward to seein that new turf up there on roan mnt. WG is a good team don't let anyone tell ya different. There big n strong and play very hard! not to mention coached very well. We pulled out a squeeker last night against PF and our kids are flyin high. If we play our best you may have a long night , but you guys definately have the speed and talent to keep our attention on high. I'm dreading that drive but excited to be a part of one of the best small town football atmospheres in the state.

Hey Big Bubba.

I'm wondering if someone designated you as the "all time" Cosby vs _____ thread starter. You gotta get up pretty early in the mornin to beat you to it huh? (Or maybe you just have to be off work on saturdays!)

I'm pretty excited about our first region showin comin up. I'm not extremely thrilled about the 3 hour drive with a six year old who needs to talk constantly, and a 10 month old who needs to eat constantly. (You figure he gets that from his dad or his uncle?)

I think our region is going to be much more interesting this year. You may go through a record amount of pepto this year! HeHeHe!

Good win against PF, let's get ready for the Landers! GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Hey Big Bubba.

I'm wondering if someone designated you as the "all time" Cosby vs _____ thread starter. You gotta get up pretty early in the mornin to beat you to it huh? (Or maybe you just have to be off work on saturdays!)

I'm pretty excited about our first region showin comin up. I'm not extremely thrilled about the 3 hour drive with a six year old who needs to talk constantly, and a 10 month old who needs to eat constantly. (You figure he gets that from his dad or his uncle?)

I think our region is going to be much more interesting this year. You may go through a record amount of pepto this year! HeHeHe!

I believe we may have a special bus for both players and fans headin up the mountain , and that yungun gets that from his papaw /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Hey Big Bubba.

Hey eagle girl! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I feel your pain. Having to get up every 2 hours because little girls have the gut ache or a diaper has spewed over or trying to feed wiggle worms who want to wiggle out of your arms. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I wonder what having one baby is like? Anyway, I hope all the Eagle fans have a safe trip up the mountain. I will assure you guys that the field is in MUCH better playing shape than the last time. Honestly, I look for a real good game. I don't think our boys will let Cosby push them all over the field and vice versa. Win or lose, Coach Shelton is one of the classiest guys I ever met. The Cosby coaches were on their feet cheering us last year against Grace Christian while many Lander fans were on their butts. Hopefully, our fan base will be better this year. I don't know if coach Shelton actually realized that he was sitting with and conversating with the King himself last year! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I hope he didn't think I was too weird. Not just anybody will drive a purple firebird! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

cosby is going to be tough no doubt. i think the way the line got pushed around. they will be playing with a chip on there shoulder. our Qb had a bad game so he will be looking for redemption. look for a hard fought ball. GO LANDERS /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

hey old eagle and eagle 33 come a lil early friday and we may have a lil sumpin on the grill. a few of us Lander fans are trying to start tailgating up here on the Roan . We started against Avery the first game w/ sum shishkabobs , barbaque pork and chick, polish sausage and sum other fixins . Was pretty darn good. We fed ourselves of coarse and then we had a bunch extra so we fed most of the game announcers from both C-LAND , and Avery. Heck , we even fed a couple men from down @ Unaka. We jus ate and talked a lil f-ball , pretty fun . We hope to start round 5:30 . Last week we got held up a lil cause the new AD @ C-LAND wasnt going to let us through the gate to go tailgate. I hope this week we can get down right behind the feildhouses. Coach Turb said we could have it there , I think it jus got a lil to busy a lot to fast @ the Avery game , so we had go go way up on the hill behind the upper concession , which was fine jus a lil more aggrevating. Im asking if u guys want to hang out b 4 the game w us jus let me know on here. Anyone who wants to join in jus let me know on here. We will get some stuff together to put on the grill . BTW I expect a hard fought game friday night. I think we will be prepared mentally and physcally. I think we can win if we can hold on to the ball and not throw INTs

Hey eagle girl! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I feel your pain. Having to get up every 2 hours because little girls have the gut ache or a diaper has spewed over or trying to feed wiggle worms who want to wiggle out of your arms. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I wonder what having one baby is like? Anyway, I hope all the Eagle fans have a safe trip up the mountain. I will assure you guys that the field is in MUCH better playing shape than the last time. Honestly, I look for a real good game. I don't think our boys will let Cosby push them all over the field and vice versa. Win or lose, Coach Shelton is one of the classiest guys I ever met. The Cosby coaches were on their feet cheering us last year against Grace Christian while many Lander fans were on their butts. Hopefully, our fan base will be better this year. I don't know if coach Shelton actually realized that he was sitting with and conversating with the King himself last year! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I hope he didn't think I was too weird. Not just anybody will drive a purple firebird! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

If I had two the same age I don't know if I'd remember what a football looked like. I hope you get plenty of help when you've got em at the games. Most of our fans fight over mine!

I'm fired up about friday. Its gonna be a long week. I can't wait to see how the region shapes up this year.

You're right about Coach Shelton, he's a great guy. I may be a lil' partial, but I believe he really knows how to pick a staff. His DC & OC are my two of my all time favorite guys!

Hey, good luck King! See ya Friday!

ONE MORE DAY TILL BIG ORANGE KICKS IT OFF!!!!!!!! I'll even WHOOOOO.......... that!!!!!

Nole, I'm gonna bring a couple cases of Dr. Enuf's. I don't think the Eagle fans have ever tried them, since they only sell them up here. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hope eagle girl and big bubba or even Yoakum will come up and try one. The old King would also like to meet the Lowe brothers if they decide to come. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />