johnson county @ Elizabethton

hightower66

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap1, its obvious you're an idiot. I don't think THS has even played a game against Hampton or Cloudland. I brought up the draw in 2001 because its always impressive when a school with much smaller numbers can field a team that can stand toe to toe with a 4-A school. Cloudland was more than capable of beating THS in a real game that year. They took a tough Cherokee team to the wire that year. I think it was 27-22 a week after they hammered Greenville 42-7. And for the idiot bringing up EZell. THat team would have wiped the field with THS or anyone else in your conference. WR Eric Davis set some records at Vanderbilt if I recall. You would think that a big school like THS could hire a coach who knows more than the WingT. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I guarantee Cloudland and Hampton have more to be proud of in what they've accomplished than a weaker than crap 4-A school who would get took to the woodshed by a lot of 1-A teams. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> YOu have absolutely nothing to brag about. And for the Elizabethton faithful, I challenge any of you to talk Witten into scheduling Cloudland or Hampton in the future. I promise to God, there will be years where those teams would bring you to your knees. Maybe after Johnson Co. spanks that hind end, some of you will come down to earth and realize you need to change the way you do things down there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thats just that Bad back holler Moonshine talking /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ...Year in year out THS would wipe the field with 1-A teams and if you think Different ..then your clutch is slipping just a little... as for J.C. spanking our tails.. You gotta do it ..then talk about it.. not talk about and never do it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thats just that Bad back holler Moonshine talking /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ...Year in year out THS would wipe the field with 1-A teams and if you think Different ..then your clutch is slipping just a little... as for J.C. spanking our tails.. You gotta do it ..then talk about it.. not talk about and never do it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

very true...u would wipe the field with the 1-A teams as u should. im not bragging about us beating hampton. its been a long time rivalry cause its the closest school to us thats why we continue to play them. THS has a winning tradition that i respect. they are a good team year in and year out. next year when u all step up conferences though it will be tough to get past DB and the rest of the 5A teams. hopefully since this is the last year that we will play THS we can pull one out. i dont see it happening but...i could be wrong /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

very true...u would wipe the field with the 1-A teams as u should. im not bragging about us beating hampton. its been a long time rivalry cause its the closest school to us thats why we continue to play them. THS has a winning tradition that i respect. they are a good team year in and year out. next year when u all step up conferences though it will be tough to get past DB and the rest of the 5A teams. hopefully since this is the last year that we will play THS we can pull one out. i dont see it happening but...i could be wrong

OMG /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ...longhorns51 I think you are going to be alright. GOOD POST! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And I don't say that because you gave it up for the Vikings (even though it??™s all true /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ) but because that was actually a sensible post. Now since we are being sensible??¦I will admit that this game between Betsy and the Longhorns is going to be a head knocker. I still think EH has an edge in the speed division, but you can never count out the grit and determination of a JC team??¦and we all know this to be true. I wish both teams good luck on an injury free game. And on that note??¦Cap is now leaving the building!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

OMG /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ...longhorns51 I think you are going to be alright. GOOD POST! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And I don't say that because you gave it up for the Vikings (even though it??™s all true /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ) but because that was actually a sensible post. Now since we are being sensible??¦I will admit that this game between Betsy and the Longhorns is going to be a head knocker. I still think EH has an edge in the speed division, but you can never count out the grit and determination of a JC team??¦and we all know this to be true. I wish both teams good luck on an injury free game. And on that note??¦Cap is now leaving the building!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

im longhorn07 i dont know who longhorn51 is...and yes eliz might have us on speed and thats the only concern i have for friday's game. our defense has to contain the backs from getting into the open field. etown better bring their hitting hats on...gonna be a great game! good luck to both teams and lets all pray for an injury free game.

Cap1, its obvious you're an idiot. I don't think THS has even played a game against Hampton or Cloudland. I brought up the draw in 2001 because its always impressive when a school with much smaller numbers can field a team that can stand toe to toe with a 4-A school. Cloudland was more than capable of beating THS in a real game that year.

Like I said earlier, scrimmages are practice sessions, not actual games. We don't even charge admission or turn the scoreboard on. Saying Cloudland was more than capable of beating THS is nothing more than circular reasoning. In fact if you go back and correctly analyze both teams and schedules an individual would most likely conclude that THS would've defeated Cloudland that year. Yes Cloudland was capable, but Tennessee was just as capable. This is 2008 so it's dead issue.

They took a tough Cherokee team to the wire that year. I think it was 27-22 a week after they hammered Greenville 42-7. And for the idiot bringing up EZell. THat team would have wiped the field with THS or anyone else in your conference. WR Eric Davis set some records at Vanderbilt if I recall. You would think that a big school like THS could hire a coach who knows more than the WingT. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I guarantee Cloudland and Hampton have more to be proud of in what they've accomplished than a weaker than crap 4-A school who would get took to the woodshed by a lot of 1-A teams. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> YOu have absolutely nothing to brag about.

They didn't hammer Greeneville that year. The tough Cherokee team your referring to lost in the first round of the playoffs to Elizabethton. The Vikings defeated the Cyclones twice that year. If you go back and actually read my post you will see that I never questioned the talent or toughness of Ezell-Harding. It was merely an example to show you that every team in this area struggles every now and then, even big 'ole Cloudland. The Wing T hasn't been the Vikes' primary offensive formation since 2004.

I agree. Cloudland and Hampton have more to be proud of than a weak 4A school, but Tennessee isn't a weak 4A school.

And for the Elizabethton faithful, I challenge any of you to talk Witten into scheduling Cloudland or Hampton in the future. I promise to God, there will be years where those teams would bring you to your knees. Maybe after Johnson Co. spanks that hind end, some of you will come down to earth and realize you need to change the way you do things down there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Unless Cloudland or Hampton move up to 3A or 4A, I highly doubt those matchups will ever happen.

I hope you can offer more substantial information for your argument so we can continue this discussion rather than throwing insults. Otherwise I won't comment any further on the issue. Good luck to the Landers this week.

Betsy gets rolled Friday! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hello, wake-up your sleeping. JC will be lucky to hold it to within double digets. Just think come friday night what a long ride back to mountain city with a whipped tail and knowing that i will have to listen to it on this site. hope after the game you'll be here to take medicine like a man, if outcome is different the "white collars" as you refered to us as will be here. Coach Witten shines Fri. night

Hmm...it can't be Eastman that's made this man so crazy. It's not the Nuclear Plant in Unicoi either, his water doesn't run past the plant. Is there something about the mountains in Carter County and Johnson County that has made this guy absolutley nuts?

zAZa90, I do have one legitimate question. When was the last time you attended a game that did not include one of the following teams: Johnson County, Elizabethton, Cloudland, Hampton, Happy Valley, Unaka? If you remember, what teams played?

I've went to the championship games for years. One time I even got to see Witten cry when that boy from Knox Central caught that ball in the back of the end zone in 99! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Buddy, I think you are the one who is closer to Eastman and Nuclear Fuel /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> After Friday, we'll see who the nutcase is.

TNViking, I don't need more substantial information. There is some things a guy just knows in his heart of hearts! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hello, wake-up your sleeping. JC will be lucky to hold it to within double digets. Just think come friday night what a long ride back to mountain city with a whipped tail and knowing that i will have to listen to it on this site. hope after the game you'll be here to take medicine like a man, if outcome is different the "white collars" as you refered to us as will be here. Coach Witten shines Fri. night

Witten CRIES Friday night! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've went to the championship games for years. One time I even got to see Witten cry when that boy from Knox Central caught that ball in the back of the end zone in 99! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Buddy, I think you are the one who is closer to Eastman and Nuclear Fuel /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> After Friday, we'll see who the nutcase is.

TNViking, I don't need more substantial information. There is some things a guy just knows in his heart of hearts! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As a fan. Did you ever step foot on the field?

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> I said I woundn't get back on here until after the game but I just have to say that I am not a part of this trash talking maybe when I was in high school but that was two many years ago, my son gets on that field every Friday night and I pray that nothing happens to him or any other player who steps on the field. I might talk a little trash if it's to someone I know, but that all in fun. To you true fans out there sorry for the way some of these people are acting. Of course I want the Horns to win but good luck to both teams and I hope no one is injuried. As for the Wittens don't know them but it is nice to turn on the TV on Sundays and see someone from the MLC playing in the NFL. Any kid that makes it further than high school football good for them and I hope they go as far as they can no matter were they played. I'll be back when someone wants to talk some REAL FOOTBALL!

Guest longhorns51

I would say it??™s nice to see you except for the fact that I can??™t remember ever seeing you before on these boards. I guess some people make an impression, and some don??™t. Let me tell you a little something and I will say it softly so that you don??™t get embarrassed any more than you already are??¦every team rotates every year for home field advantage. That means we have played on the ???Mud/Dust bowl??? every other year since 2002. So that means we played JC on their field year before last in 06??™ which is only 2 (two) years ago. Oh??¦and let your buddy longhorns51 know this because he is also confused with his 1, 2, 3s. Shhhhhhhhhh??¦.we will let that be our little secret.

yes i know that THS came up here in 06 but what i was saying if you can learn to read is South has not been up here in 3 years in 04 we went there in 05 they wouldnt come up here cause of the field and we were there in 06 i know how things work dont get me twisted with other people i was giving THS a compliment but i guess your too stupid to read that and understand it.