johnson county @ Elizabethton

hightower66

Great job by both teams Congrads to Eliz I don't know if I will see a better game this season Wish we had won but that's the way it is. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season. Someone said in another post might see each other again, man that would be one heck of a rematch I would love to see that. To my son one heck of a game I'm proud of you, you know who you are. Again Congrads. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense kept JC in the game. If they had they played the way they did against SH, it would've been a blowout. Also, to the folks who talked smack about our backs; they had a combined total of 233 yards tonight so it's safe to say your "tough" defense didn't show up either. Overall, great game from both teams. It was exciting all the way to the final whistle. I wish the Longhorns the best this season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I thought it was a good game. I actually sat on the visitor side for the first half and wound up being the only cyclone in that section. But it was fun. The one thing I didn't like about a certain JC fan was that he kept getting up and downing the team (JC). He kept telling them to get back in the bus if they were going to play like that and then they'd make a good play and he'd congratulate them only to blast them when they messed up the next play. He kept saying that they didn't want this game and I wanted to say with fans like you it's hard to get fired up when your constantly being blasted when you need to be encouraged.

But other then him the JC fans were friendly but a bit blood thirsty as well. "Kill him!" "Make sure he doesn't get up!" And they wanted to call a hold or pass interference on every play that they didn't drive on.

It made the game a lot more fun to see it from the other side of the field. Those last few plays really gave me a scare, especially when JC scored. I definitely would like to see these 2 teams meet again once they have had time to adjust and fix their problems

great game from both teams! last quarter was like playoff atmosphere...as i said before the speed of elizabethton is the only thing i was concerned about and that is what hurt us. our defense needs major tuning up and some of the coach's decisions were horrible! i thought elizabethton came out of the gate in the first quarter and was gonna dominate though but our qb austin phipps carried us through the game. christian pruddhome is a great athlete as well. good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

Guest longhorns51

ok everyone i said i would not post again if we lost but guess what i lied. both teams played a heck of a game to Elizabethton you guys deserve it you played like champs. Coach Atwood has got to be retarted 4th and 24 and you fake punt on your own side of the field. i cant wait for practice monday i think they should make you run for that call, and you dont play your best LB for the 1st quarter cause he missed a pactice that you approved im all for teaching a kid a lesson but you do that next week against Avery. But anyways it was the best high school game i have seen since i lived in ohio maybe ever. Someones post said it would be nice to play again and i agree but im serious when i say this i dont think JC makes playoffs. I love the longhorns and will still support them till i die i just think we wont be able to beat East, but i will stay positive. All you cyclone fans can take your shots at me for what i said but i am being a man about it i was wrong you are much better than i thought and you proved it good luck with the rest of your season and i hope to see you guys again in the playoff.

I also wanted to know why alot of Elizabethton fans sat on our side got no problem with it i like it that way just wondering cause it looked like you had some open seat?

Go Longhorns get ready for Avery next week

ok everyone i said i would not post again if we lost but guess what i lied. both teams played a heck of a game to Elizabethton you guys deserve it you played like champs. Coach Atwood has got to be retarted 4th and 24 and you fake punt on your own side of the field. i cant wait for practice monday i think they should make you run for that call, and you dont play your best LB for the 1st quarter cause he missed a pactice that you approved im all for teaching a kid a lesson but you do that next week against Avery. But anyways it was the best high school game i have seen since i lived in ohio maybe ever. Someones post said it would be nice to play again and i agree but im serious when i say this i dont think JC makes playoffs. I love the longhorns and will still support them till i die i just think we wont be able to beat East, but i will stay positive. All you cyclone fans can take your shots at me for what i said but i am being a man about it i was wrong you are much better than i thought and you proved it good luck with the rest of your season and i hope to see you guys again in the playoff.

I also wanted to know why alot of Elizabethton fans sat on our side got no problem with it i like it that way just wondering cause it looked like you had some open seat?

Go Longhorns get ready for Avery next week

i bet if jc would have won the game last night this board have been busy.