Franklin County vs. Warren County

RebelMacon

So lets hear the thoughts on the FC vs. WC game for this week.

I have to say that looking at the schedules and records so far, I'm warranting that this is going to be a close game. A glimpse of what can be was seen in Franklin County @ the game with Tullahoma. The first drive was beautiful, and showed the true potential of this team. I have to give Coach A credit. However, after the first THS touchdown the team morale seemed to nose dive. The excitement that came on the feild seemed to disappear in the players, and instead of using that competitive drive to their full advantage the heads began to hang. In the technical aspect, if FC can tighten up special teams on punt return, and keep the team drive it would be highly beneficial. Field position was nothing much to be wished for. If FC can get these going, I forsee a good chance to win. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to mark up a win to a Warren County team that shut out Shelbyville last week. It'll be a decent game, and I'll be hoping for a Rebel win. GO REBS!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen both teams play. FC has a couple of fine athletes and they have a good scheme but the O line needs some work. The pioneers did not look good vs Smithville but I understand they did a good job at Shelbyville. Coach Madwell has done a good job since taking over at Warren County and I bet ELA has his team ready to play a much better game this week. Tullahoma is good, much better than people give them credit for. I will be at home this week, the wife wants me to take her out to eat Friday.

So lets hear the thoughts on the FC vs. WC game for this week.

I have to say that looking at the schedules and records so far, I'm warranting that this is going to be a close game. A glimpse of what can be was seen in Franklin County @ the game with Tullahoma. The first drive was beautiful, and showed the true potential of this team. I have to give Coach A credit. However, after the first THS touchdown the team morale seemed to nose dive. The excitement that came on the feild seemed to disappear in the players, and instead of using that competitive drive to their full advantage the heads began to hang. In the technical aspect, if FC can tighten up special teams on punt return, and keep the team drive it would be highly beneficial. Field position was nothing much to be wished for. If FC can get these going, I forsee a good chance to win. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to mark up a win to a Warren County team that shut out Shelbyville last week. It'll be a decent game, and I'll be hoping for a Rebel win. GO REBS!!!

I agree the morale fell sharply but whose job is it to keep it up, Coach A? When he gave up so did his boys, he took his head set off and handed it to another coach..When the Coach doesn't believe what do you have left. These boys know how to win and are hungry for that feeling again. The majority of these kids have had championship seasons since rec ball, middle school and 9th grade ball.

GO REBS!!! and do what you know how to do best...

I agree the morale fell sharply but whose job is it to keep it up, Coach A? When he gave up so did his boys, he took his head set off and handed it to another coach..When the Coach doesn't believe what do you have left. These boys know how to win and are hungry for that feeling again. The majority of these kids have had championship seasons since rec ball, middle school and 9th grade ball.

The headsets stopped working in the third quarter... of course, you could not have known that but you're reading too much into a situation isn't very productive. A much better first half, the Rebs will be just fine!

The headsets stopped working in the third quarter... of course, you could not have known that but you're reading too much into a situation isn't very productive. A much better first half, the Rebs will be just fine!

There are alot of us that have faith in you Coach Atkins, and our Rebels! There were glimpses of the potential of this team during the first two weeks. The competitive defense during WC, and spurts of offense in the Tullahoma game (especially the opening drive). I hope this is the week it all will come together and we get our first taste of victory.

and so did other teams from Franklin Co (had championship seasons from rec ball and jr high) that didn't have championship yrs at FCHS. Same thing at T-Town and Lincoln Co. It happens...for lots of reasons.

Part of the problem of the school that used to be on the Boulevard is the negative and nasty attitude of folks from over there. You are way off to think Coach gave up.

Interesting that this was your first post.

and so did other teams from Franklin Co (had championship seasons from rec ball and jr high) that didn't have championship yrs at FCHS. Same thing at T-Town and Lincoln Co. It happens...for lots of reasons.

Part of the problem of the school that used to be on the Boulevard is the negative and nasty attitude of folks from over there. You are way off to think Coach gave up.

Interesting that this was your first post.

I agree with your statement. I think the town is waiting for a winning season before they get behind these boys. The team needs the support of the community behind them now. FC is rich in football history, just ask Coach T. He even blogs about the greatest team he ever played in 1969. That team was FC Rebels. I believe we can return to the level we once were and I believe these boys can do it. I hate the outcome of Tullahoma, but it is time to move on and work as a team. I only wish our community could apply some of those same principles and step up to support these guys. Go Rebels!!

I agree with your statement. I think the town is waiting for a winning season before they get behind these boys. The team needs the support of the community behind them now. FC is rich in football history, just ask Coach T. He even blogs about the greatest team he ever played in 1969. That team was FC Rebels. I believe we can return to the level we once were and I believe these boys can do it. I hate the outcome of Tullahoma, but it is time to move on and work as a team. I only wish our community could apply some of those same principles and step up to support these guys. Go Rebels!!

There are some great fans in Franklin County! I have met many of them since moving here in April. Yes, every community has a few of those who find fault with things, that is to be expected. I guess it is human nature?

It has been several years since this school had a winning season. Coach Mantooth had rebuilt the program during his time here and we hope to reach back to some of those positive things he had accomplished as head football coach. Red had some good teams back in the 90's but it has been a while and I know the fans are restless for something to cheer about...

This Rebel football team has some talent, however, they have to learn to play as a team for four quarters of football and learn to trust in each other. In the first quarter we saw what they are capable of and I believe we will see that again very soon! It was good to see them come out and start well... we just need to sustain the energy and enthusiam for four quarters.

The Freshman Class won it's first home football game. They looked very impressive against a good Giles County freshman team. I choose to take the positive approach... I believe we can expect great things down the road at FCHS, but there will be growing pains and that is where we are at today. Fundamentals and consistency are what we need in every phase of the game. We appreciate the continued positive support of all the Franklin County faithful!

We hope everyone will come out Friday night and support the Rebels! The boys would love to have another great crowd like the previous two outings! Come out and grill in the parking lot and enjoy a fun night of football in Winchester.

There are some great fans in Franklin County! I have met many of them since moving here in April. Yes, every community has a few of those who find fault with things, that is to be expected. I guess it is human nature?

It has been several years since this school had a winning season. Coach Mantooth had rebuilt the program during his time here and we hope to reach back to some of those positive things he had accomplished as head football coach. Red had some good teams back in the 90's but it has been a while and I know the fans are restless for something to cheer about...

This Rebel football team has some talent, however, they have to learn to play as a team for four quarters of football and learn to trust in each other. In the first quarter we saw what they are capable of and I believe we will see that again very soon! It was good to see them come out and start well... we just need to sustain the energy and enthusiam for four quarters.

The Freshman Class won it's first home football game. They looked very impressive against a good Giles County freshman team. I choose to take the positive approach... I believe we can expect great things down the road at FCHS, but there will be growing pains and that is where we are at today. Fundamentals and consistency are what we need in every phase of the game. We appreciate the continued positive support of all the Franklin County faithful!

We hope everyone will come out Friday night and support the Rebels! The boys would love to have another great crowd like the previous two outings! Come out and grill in the parking lot and enjoy a fun night of football in Winchester.

RebelMacon and I are actually trying to start a trend of grilling out, and restoring some old traditions. Not sure when or how we will start it, but are throwing ideas around for different things. I also think that this Friday night could be just the game we need. We are VERY capable of getting a win, but like Coach said, it is going to take all 4 quarters of solid effort. Having the confidence like we did opening the T-town game, and building upon in as the game progresses. The day this team realizes its potential and regains some "swagger" about them, is the day this incredible program and fanbase begins it's ascend back to the top.

RebelMacon and I are actually trying to start a trend of grilling out, and restoring some old traditions. Not sure when or how we will start it, but are throwing ideas around for different things. I also think that this Friday night could be just the game we need. We are VERY capable of getting a win, but like Coach said, it is going to take all 4 quarters of solid effort. Having the confidence like we did opening the T-town game, and building upon in as the game progresses. The day this team realizes its potential and regains some "swagger" about them, is the day this incredible program and fanbase begins it's ascend back to the top.

I like that idea of grilling. It is a good way to enjoy a Friday night. I can probably get a group together too. We will look you guys up. Go Rebels! And come on out Friday night for some tailgate fun!!